Slay The Spire finally hit Android; I noticed this at 6am 'last night'.

I've been waiting forever for a mobile version of this hit -- been playing knock-offs and wannabes for years. If you already play and love it on another platform, this is somewhat irrelevant news for you. I can guarantee it's better in any other format, but it is perfectly functional on a decent sized tablet. Definitely too small and eye-straining for a phone (as I felt about Diablo Immortal, coincidentally).

I mean, I could have played it on PC or PS4 or whatever, but it always struck me as a perfect sort of play-anywhere tablet game, and the fact that I didn't get to sleep until 9am confirms it.

I was a little worried that some of the knock-offs (some of which are genuinely quite good) might 'improve' on the old model, but StS so far is clearly a case of 'original and the best'.

Yay.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last bumped on May 15, 2021, 11:12:41 PM
I use my phone primarily as an alarm clock. Sometimes people call me I guess.
Monster Train is another excellent game in that genre, it’s not on mobile but that’s what steam link is for.
"
Monster Train is another excellent game in that genre, it’s not on mobile but that’s what steam link is for.

I am way too old for these 'remote' features, I have to admit. I'm also way too old to be caring about what I might be missing out on when what I have is perfectly satisfactory. The simple reason why I didn't play StS on PC was that I am very much a 1-2 game per platform type of person, and there just wasn't room for it. The tablet sort of breaks that tendency because I don't sit down and turn it on to play; I turn it on because I am sitting down (or lying down) and have some time to kill. And in that regard StS is damn near perfect as a mobile game that doesn't require a net connection, doesn't function on some bullshit f2p timer system and doesn't have mtxes.

Arguably I could just use the Switch in a similar way but it's still a dedicated gaming system (and currently hooked up to the TV for Mario Kart sessions with friends overseas). The tablet occupies an interesting space where I can play, read, watch, browse, post...I dunno, I'm a child of the 80s and still sort of blown away that the datapad from Star Trek The Next Generation basically became a reality.

Conversely, I regularly forget where my phone is.

As for steam, it's just too full of games I'll never play but bought for cheap because they were cheap and well-regarded. I see a bunch of extremely good games in my folder, and still choose to load up one of my aforementioned 1-2 games anyway. For a very long time it was, of course, PoE. Right now it's Guild Wars 2...and by right now, I mean right now.

But thanks for the recommendation!

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thank you for sharing. I don't often play on pc, playing on the phone is very eye-strain, but carrying it is also convenient.
Defect smalldeck combo is laughably overpowered.

You don't even need Fusion, just get a Plasma off Nuclear Battery or Chaos and you can Recursion it indefinitely.

Joke balance.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I've done PONG, Atari, tons of other consoles, mobiles, etc. but I'm really a PC guy. I wish I had time to check that game out but for me, PC games is where it's at. I guess it would be good to check out while I'm not around a PC.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. ~Sun Tzu

All achieved on Defect except for poison, Shivs and Feed. Common Sense too.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 15, 2021, 11:17:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info