Original Soundtrack is missing several of Kamil's tracks

Hey GGG, I've been in love with the music to this game since the beta, down to the fact that I've compiled versions of the soundtrack and how it evolved to now, and there's a lot of things misordered in the FLAC you get for supporter packs.

For obvious reasons, I'm excluding all the tracks allegedly made by Adgio Hutchings.

Note that this is not 100% comprehensive, but it's a pretty good step forward.

Mystery Boxes/Trailers missing: Polaris Mystery Box, Glimmerwood Mystery Box, Legacy Trailer

Act 1-5 tracks: Fetid Pool, Prisoner's Gate (Act 1) Aqueduct/Blood Aqueduct, Darkness Event (Act 2), Vaal Ruins/Ancient Pyramid, Vaal Pyramid Battle (wasn't this an Adgio track?), Piety, Sewers/Docks, Catacombs, Sceptre of God, Lunaris Temple Theme

Act 6-10 tracks: Karui Fortress, Prisoner's Gate (Act 6), Minor Gods, Temple of Decay/Vaal City, Causeway/Ashen Fields, Bath House, Sarn Ramparts, I feel like a lot of stuff in Act 8-10 might be missing but a lot of it is being reused from earlier acts

Act 1-10 tracks out of order: Arakaali should be after Bridge Encampment, Shakari should be after Solaris and Lunaris

Postgame tracks: Pale Court, Cagan's Map(?)

A better question is why is half of Act 4 and Act 5's soundtrack in the Expanded soundtrack? Grand Arena is part of the Original Soundtrack but Daresso's Dream is the Extended Soundtrack? You can't even make the excuse that it was done by an outside musician, like Ulf Soderberg's King Kaom Theme, half of those themes, like Cathedral Rooftop are listed as Kamil's.

Why is Memory Nexus part of the main game soundtrack, and not as part of a Synthesis folder in the expanded soundtrack?

What even was Cagan's Map? I know it's still in the game, but I don't recall hearing it, well, ever.
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2022, 2:36:29 PM
-
Last edited by Blubbey on Apr 12, 2021, 7:28:15 PM
"
Blubbey wrote:
I can confirm, that the Vaal Oversoul Theme seems to be missing. I never spent much time derping around at that place, but i am now and it reminds me of 1 of those Dragonica techno soundtracks. Nothing super special, but kind of makes me wana listen.

The weird thing is, while digging around for the tracks, I found an earlier ZIP of Path of Exile's soundtrack in FLAC which has both the Aqueduct and Vaal Oversoul boss. And then a Closed Beta gamerip which has some of Adgio's early cuts for tracks, like what used to be an Act 2 level theme that was then changed and made into the Forest Encampment.

The weirdest thing is I can name the exact plugin that was used to make the guitar sound in the Vaal Oversoul theme the way it did, and it bothers me immensely.
There's a lot more missing in original soundtrack.
- Breach Domain before you activate Breach
- Legion ambient (before you activate Timeless Domain Monolith, also plays for 15 sec stasis in regular Legion enounters)
- Bestiary trailer soundtrack

I've sent two mails about it already and got answers for more that the info will be passed to the relevant team members.

Fun fact: downloadable OST and tracks available in Hideout Music Player are one and the same. I bet fixing one will fix the other.

I really want to play Breach Prelude and Bestiary trailer in my HO :(
wraeclast.pl - Polish info hub
Last edited by Raniu on Mar 28, 2021, 10:15:17 AM
New update in terms of missing music:

Ulf Soderberg's King Kaom theme seems to have been removed some time ago. It's a real shame, because his music fit the battle and the environment perfectly.
"
AUKL wrote:
Ulf Soderberg's King Kaom theme seems to have been removed some time ago.

Downloaded the full soundtrack yesterday and it's there, in Extended Soundtrack/Core Game folder.

Also, regarding the original post:

"
AUKL wrote:
Act 1-5 tracks: [...] Darkness Event (Act 2) [...]

This one is there too, same folder, name's Shadow of the Vaal.
Bringing this up.
Bumping this, I want all of the music from the game and will pay for it.

GGG, capitalize on this please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info