Game keeps crashing when encountering Harbinger packs

Hi since last patch my game crashes when I encounter some juicy harbinger packs. I hate to say again: this only started to happen since the last patch;.. before that I used to do every kind of possible juiced up harbinger encounter without ever crashing, besides the enormous lag, but I would never crash to desktop.

Please fix this issue, i've supported you back during delirium and certainly will during this league since I love it, but this is just absurd. You need to fix the performance issues instead of releasing Microtransactions every single day.
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2021, 12:22:02 PM
"
Hi since last patch my game crashes when I encounter some juicy harbinger packs. I hate to say again: this only started to happen since the last patch;.. before that I used to do every kind of possible juiced up harbinger encounter without ever crashing, besides the enormous lag, but I would never crash to desktop.

Please fix this issue, i've supported you back during delirium and certainly will during this league since I love it, but this is just absurd. You need to fix the performance issues instead of releasing Microtransactions every single day.

Hi there, WhiteSempai! I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.

Could you please provide us with some additional information surrounding this situation?

~ Are you crashing to desktop, or are you disconnecting to the login screen?
~ Can you please confirm for us whether you are receiving any error messages when this issue occurs, and if so, what they say? You may need to Alt-Tab to see any error messages that are appearing behind the Path of Exile game client.
~ Are these crashes only occurring when you encounter the Harbigner mobs? Or are they also occurring on loading screens between zones, in the middle of a map, during specific encounters, or does it seem to happen randomly?
~ Can you create a new character and play successfully from that character?
~ Do you run any other optimisation software at the same time?
~ What temperatures are your PC indicating when the crashes occur?
~ Screenshots of the issue, or video uploaded to YouTube with your latency & FPS graphs displayed (default key-bind F1) may also help us.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Need help? Contact Support :)
"
Are you crashing to desktop, or are you disconnecting to the login screen?

I always crash to desktop

"
Can you please confirm for us whether you are receiving any error messages when this issue occurs, and if so, what they say? You may need to Alt-Tab to see any error messages that are appearing behind the Path of Exile game client.

No error message or whatseover

"
Are these crashes only occurring when you encounter the Harbigner mobs? Or are they also occurring on loading screens between zones, in the middle of a map, during specific encounters, or does it seem to happen randomly?

Yes only then, other content is sometimes just laggy but not to the point of crashing.

"
~ Can you create a new character and play successfully from that character?

As I said it's just harbingers, don't think it is character related, I've leveled other characters with harbingers and never had an issue until last patch

"
~ Do you run any other optimisation software at the same time?

I do not.

"
What temperatures are your PC indicating when the crashes occur?

Temperatures are really cold, I run an advanced watercooling system

"
Screenshots of the issue, or video uploaded to YouTube with your latency & FPS graphs displayed (default key-bind F1) may also help us.

I dont have those, but it just freezes when the harbinger pack appears on my screen

The crashes don't appear everytime, but like once in 4-5 maps it really depends on the size of the harbinger packs
Hi there, WhiteSempai! Thanks for that information.

In this situation we will need some additional information about your PC so that we can continue troubleshooting, and the best way to provide this will be for you to provide us a DirectX Diagnostic (DxDiag) report!

To generate a DxDiag report, please follow these steps:
~ Press the windows key + r on your keyboard to bring up the Run interface
~ Type dxdiag into the run dialogue box and press enter
~ When the DxDiag application starts up, press the 'Save All Information' button in the bottom right, save the report to your desktop and post here as a pastebin.com link.
Need help? Contact Support :)
https://pastebin.com/PP9iQ7wj

There you go, hope it can help
well since it has been 3 days without proper help, i've gone myself and fixed it. Thousands of people quit the league because of the recurring problems with performance, not only this league but past leagues too... if this issue(performance in general) is not addressed in the upcoming leagues you'll just lose more playerbase. Myself included as I will not continue after this league, unless you improve performance.
"
well since it has been 3 days without proper help, i've gone myself and fixed it. Thousands of people quit the league because of the recurring problems with performance, not only this league but past leagues too... if this issue(performance in general) is not addressed in the upcoming leagues you'll just lose more playerbase. Myself included as I will not continue after this league, unless you improve performance.

How did you fix it? It may be helpful to share your solution with rest of the player base.
bump
Hi guys, I had a similar problem as mentioned above, tried delete everything under MyGame/poe fodler, didn't help.

But after I updated the graphic card driver to 461.72 released on 02/25/2021. Seems the lagging is acceptable now. I am not freezed to harbinger packs and crashed to desktop! I will update more after my tests.

------
update: it is GGG update to 3.13.1e which fixed the problem.
Last edited by Andy_AUS on Mar 2, 2021, 3:53:58 AM
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info