Streaming por....err, downloading stuff faster than ever.

ISP called the other day and offered a free upgrade from 150/50 to 300/100. No gimmicks and no strings attached--just take it, it's yours. It's nice to live in a place where service is already very cheap and very reliable, while the market is also so competitive that they'll give you shit for free just to ensure you remain their customer.

I don't even have a real use for the extra speed, seeing as my wife and I mainly just game and watch cat videos and shit when at home. Free is good though, so I'm stoked anyway.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2021, 4:49:14 PM
We upgraded to fiber last year (before Covid struck thank goodness)
Huge difference.
2 teenagers with their own PCs, 2 TVs, 4 smart phones, 2 tablets.
Yeah the extra speed is noice.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Free is good! And making this game Free To Play from the very beginning was one of the smartest moves this market has ever seen. One (move) that has already proven how brilliant these 3Guys really are.

And to think that some weirdos are asking demanding that the leading figure behind the whole project needs to... step down!!! Now? Especially now that the game (read: those people business) is doing better than ever, considering the profit it nets. To them one can only laugh at their... brilliance, mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
"
DoubleU wrote:
Huge difference.

What's fiber? I need something. Never seen below 60 ping with cox. Plus outages I'd say once a month...

I'd be stoked too with OPs 2 ping and bandwith. Cox is fkn terrible.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 4, 2021, 4:18:37 PM
Fibre Optics, current down stream is 300 Mbps.
We are going to the 750 tier later this year.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
Huge difference.

What's fiber? I need something. Never seen below 60 ping with cox. Plus outages I'd say once a month...

I'd be stoked too with OPs 2 ping and bandwith. Cox is fkn terrible.
Do you have 60 ping running a general speed test? Or just to some specific things like PoE? Wouldn't be a big deal for most gaming, but if you're getting 60 on a speed test, that's a big fucking yikes lol.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
good thread title

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info