Covid-18 Minithread

[disturbed voice] get up come on get down with teh sickness
Here, have a cookie from me, and two thumbs up, I like people with a sense of humor, the idea for the thread's title alone deserves more.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
And so yet another brave exile is martyred for not actually breaking the CoC. o7
From the few posts I've read from this guy, I'm sure that even if he hasn't broken it, he's been in the pitch black grey area multiple times.
"
From the few posts I've read from this guy, I'm sure that even if he hasn't broken it, he's been in the pitch black grey area multiple times.

I've only had a single ban on this account, I think
but I do like some light trolling from time to time. don't go out of my way to get banned but sometimes I'll go a bit too hard and a mod will bonk me with a deleted post
the post I ate a two week ban with wasn't even that bad tbh, I just called someone a shithead Gamer
i'm probably chaotic neutral leaning towards good
Could we get ebola minithread instead
Forum pvp
Let's test the waters, shall we? -

As Covid-19 Vaccines Raise Hope, Cold Reality Dawns That Illness Is Likely Here to Stay - https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-vaccines-raise-hope-cold-reality-dawns-covid-19-is-likely-here-to-stay-11612693803? (Ease of transmission, new strains, limits of vaccination programs all mean Covid-19 will be around for years—and a big business)

One thing you often hear as an upside from this whole pandemic debacle is that we'll be better prepared for the next pandemic. However, on the flipside, consider that if this thing goes endemic, then our expansive efforts to fight it will look like a failure. In which case, it's possible that people simply won't be willing to put up with strong restrictions next time around. They might wear masks, but they're not going to contain themselves. Especially if the next pandemic also features a virus with a low death rate. Not necessarily because more people believe in conspiracies, but because they don't see the massive changes and sacrifices as 'worth it' if we're going to 'lose' anyway.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 19, 2021, 5:01:02 AM
"
i'm probably chaotic neutral leaning towards good

Oh, like Bugs Bunny? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Exile009 wrote:
Let's test the waters, shall we? -

As Covid-19 Vaccines Raise Hope, Cold Reality Dawns That Illness Is Likely Here to Stay - https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-vaccines-raise-hope-cold-reality-dawns-covid-19-is-likely-here-to-stay-11612693803? (Ease of transmission, new strains, limits of vaccination programs all mean Covid-19 will be around for years—and a big business)

One thing you often hear as an upside from this whole pandemic debacle is that we'll be better prepared for the next pandemic. However, on the flipside, consider that if this thing goes endemic, then our expansive efforts to fight it will look like a failure. In which case, it's possible that people simply won't be willing to put up with strong restrictions next time around. They might wear masks, but they're not going to contain themselves. Especially if the next pandemic also features a virus with a low death rate. Not necessarily because more people believe in conspiracies, but because they don't see the massive changes and sacrifices as 'worth it' if we're going to 'lose' anyway.

sir this is a joke thread about covid-18

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info