Terroristic and Extremely Offfensive Chat in Global 1 for Xbox

Please review the following scenario from Global chat 1 on Xbox servers. A player had a very unapologetic and offensive screen name of a massacre that happened at a school. He was approached by another player and actually was happy that this player lost family in the killing. This is unacceptable and these groups of players should be removed from global chat.

I have screen shots but was not able to upload to the website. Please let me know if you need them. Thank you. We are trying to make chat a more welcoming experience.
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2021, 2:23:45 PM
I couldn´t care less about it actually. And that is quite simply because of the fact that when I sit regularly and play PoE, I´m unable to read any of the text scrolling over the screen from the chat. And the 2nd fact is because I absolutely do not care what people are saying in the Chat, I do not see/read.
I focus on playing instead. 3rd fact I also play SSF.
But that of course, doesn´t mean it is ok for people to say/text things like that.
But I think you are in better shape of just taking it straight & directly to Support.
[Removed by Support] First day on the internet?
Knowledge is power.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Mar 4, 2021, 1:58:00 PM

It's this sort of attitude (tolerance of intolerance) that leads to people getting physically assaulted for their characteristics or ideology.

There should be consequences.

To the OP, if GGG won't do anything about it, report it to Microsoft. They are far more likely to take action against the accounts of people who break TOS.
I really dont get how people can condone subhuman behavior in global chat. And it doesnt really matter if some people dont read it, it is still there and a lot of people see it.

Global chat is supposed to be slightly moderated, but the report button is either doing nothing or the response time is really long (I reported a guy for RMT like 3 days ago and yesterday he was still there spamming his offers in Global)

It should be in the interest of GGG to keep global chat on console a friendly place, because after all it is one of the first things new players experience when playing.
I've noticed similar behavior in chat. I'm guilty of the occasional distasteful joke, but there is an element on the console platform that is best described as trashy. Totally inappropriate character names, and chronically inappropriate trashy rhetoric that probably should get them booted. Again, I'm not talking about a poorly timed joke taken in its worse possible context, I'm talking about obvious trashy names and repeated behavior that displays the worst nature of the most uncouth amongst us.
Agreed. Discussion of politics, inappropriate jokes, and other adult conversation can be tolerated or avoided by simply ignoring players. This situation is absolutely disgusting and there should be consequences.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
TheKTrain94 wrote:
Jesus, who cares. Grow a pair, stop whining, and block them. First day on the internet?

It's this sort of attitude (tolerance of intolerance) that leads to people getting physically assaulted for their characteristics or ideology.

There should be consequences.

To the OP, if GGG won't do anything about it, report it to Microsoft. They are far more likely to take action against the accounts of people who break TOS.

Well, you say report it to Microsoft. And as you say, they are far more likely to do something about it. But that also actually means if you are to say anything on the Xbox Forums or Xbox App, or something that actually people takes as an insult, but really being just an misunderstanding from their side, but leads to them reporting your post, it may lead you to get your post removed or even banned for a time. EVEN when you really didn´t say anything seriously ill, bad or anything.
It was only based on a person that found it not to her/his liking for some kind of reason, and reported your post for that. Nothing else.

So if you say you found a movie to be crap, and I mean truly crap, and if some she or he person didn´t like you say that you found it really crap, they F´ng report that post of yours, and you risk getting your post removed, because you wrote you didn´t liked it. I mean, WTF?!!?
Last edited by Kundarin on Feb 8, 2021, 8:14:48 PM
"
Kundarin wrote:

So if you say you found a movie to be crap, and I mean truly crap, and if some she or he person didn´t like you say that you found it really crap, they F´ng report that post of yours, and you risk getting your post removed, because you wrote you didn´t liked it. I mean, WTF?!!?

The OP is NOT talking about saying you don't like a movie.

[Removed by Support]

GGG should want chat to be welcoming.

As an aside, your comment sounds personal. And I would highly wager that, if a post was removed for saying you didn't like a movie, you probably said it using offensive or demeaning language.

Maybe I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time MS went too far with moderation. But, personally, I'd rather they go too far, than allow the total wild west like GGG.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Mar 4, 2021, 2:00:15 PM
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:

The OP is NOT talking about saying you don't like a movie.

[Removed by Support]

GGG should want chat to be welcoming.

As an aside, your comment sounds personal. And I would highly wager that, if a post was removed for saying you didn't like a movie, you probably said it using offensive or demeaning language.

Maybe I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time MS went too far with moderation. But, personally, I'd rather they go too far, than allow the total wild west like GGG.

No, no crap language. Just reported and removed. But I did say crap though. Since the actual movie WAS crap. IMO at least.
Please also note that if you are writing some negative thoughts about the new year, based on what year has been, that may also get your post removed. All true.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info