Kris! Your Chaos DOT Build (Updated for 3.15)

KRIS! This is your Chaos DoT build! If you don't like it, our friendship is over. (If you're not Kris, obviously feel free to play this build. Just keep in mind that I've made this specifically for Kris and the way he likes to play, along with the expectations he has in the game. As this isn't one of my guides, I won't be responding to comments/replies. But have fun and feel free to give feedback.)

Passive Tree
-------
GEMS
-------
Socket in any chest or bow (Only chests and two-handed weapons can have 5+ sockets (and therefore 5+ links)) Eventually you'll want this socketed in your bow...once the right bow drops.

Caustic Arrow - Act 1
- Vicious Projectiles Support - Act 2
- Concentrated Effect Support - Act 2
- Swift Affliction Support - Act 3
- Void Manipulation Support - Act 1
- Slower Projectiles Support - Act 3

Socket anywhere you have the space (linked or not)

Despair - Act 3
Summon Skitterbots - Act 2
Malevolence - Act 3
Clarity - Act 1

Pick Between (for escape and fast movement):

Blink Arrow - Act 1
OR
Mirror Arrow - Act 3 (Siosa)

-------
GEAR
-------
The filter I made for you will help display the items in the game that will be the most likely to benefit you along with being the easiest to modify to your benefit.

For the most part, you'll only have gear display that is either Evasion (Dexterity) or Evasion and Energy Shield (Dex. and Intelligence) based. Some of the fancier gear will show more base types, which are always good to view. Even if you don't use them, it gets you used to comparing items and knowing what works for you. But, this isn't that important to you unless you want to change the colours of the sockets on the gear you pick up. So what you need to know about changing socket colours in your gear is:
- Gear with Armour is more likely to roll red sockets.
- Gear with Evasion is more likely to roll green sockets.
- Gear with Energy Shield is more likely to roll blue sockets.
- Items with split defences like gear with both Evasion AND Energy Shield, will be more likely to roll both green and blue sockets.
Being able to change socket colours easily is really nice when figuring the game out. I've filtered your gear accordingly.

Mods
Many Modifiers that roll on gear will help you out. The following are the basics to look for:
- Life
- Evasion
- Fire Resist
- Cold Resist
- Lightning Resist
- Chaos Resist
***Anytime you're comparing gear, note that there's a difference between the terms increased and more. In the complicated way that Path of Exile's damage math works, More is way stronger. If you're every choosing between 20% "increased" damage and 20% "more" damage. Choose the item with the "MORE" mod.

Damage Mitigation:
You'll want to look for items that have resistances to Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Chaos. You'll want to eventually have 75% resistance on the three elemental resists (which is hard to do while levelling). Chaos resistances...just take what you can get.

Avoidance:
Evasion:
Your gear will have some Evasion built into it and you may even find some gear with mods that increase your item's evasion even more. Evasion is a mechanic that happens on its own. It's a chance to completely avoid incoming Attacks not spells). The higher your Evasion, the higher your chance to Evade.

Dodge:
You'll eventually invest in Dodging as well. Dodging is VERY similar to Evasion in that it's a chance to simply avoid "miss" damage coming your way. Dodging Attacks and Spells are different investments.

*Evasion and Dodge happen automatically You don't need to do anything for those mechanics to happen.
*Evasion and Dodge only apply to damage that "hits". So Damage Over Time won't be avoided (enemies can burn you, apply their own caustic ground...stuff like that).

Health:
Your primary health with this build is Life. So look for good rolls of Maximum Life on your gear. You'll eventually want good life rolls on ALL your gear except for your bow and flasks.

Bow:
Though your skill hits, it's the effect that happens AFTER the hit that we're scaling our damage to. The caustic ground your skill does is considered a "damage over time" effect. So on the tree, we've invested heavily into Damage Over Time. You'll also notice at the top of your skill's description, that Caustic Arrow has the Chaos tag. So, eventually, you'll be looking for a bow that has modifiers to:
- Chaos damage
- Damage Over Time
- increasing the gem levels Socketed Chaos Gems
- projectile damage (read the gem description).

*Your Caustic Arrow gem doesn't have to be socketed in the bow to get the bonus from your bow's modifiers...unless the modifier has a term that specifies so.

Flasks:
Use any flasks you want! I like to make sure I have a few Life flasks for the longer battles.
Eventually, the idea is that you won't need a mana flask. (That's what your Clarity skill is for.)
Utility Flasks are cool. They have fewer uses to them but have some strong perks. I've included Quartz and Quick Silver flasks in your filter. Quartz lets you phase and increases your Dodge Chance while Quicksilver increases movement speed. Use and many (of none) of each as you like.

--------------
Item Filter - https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/vBv6xsJ
--------------
- Click on the link. (You can log in to the PoE website with your Microsoft account. You may need to re-click the link after you log in if you haven't logged in before.)
- Click FOLLOW
- When you re-load your character the filter you just followed will be in the dropdown menu list of available filters. Any changes I make to the filter will automatically update every time you log in to the game. Hopefully, I didn't screw it up ;).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Sep 15, 2021, 7:53:51 PM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2021, 4:41:11 AM
nice build i hope you will expand a page :3
btw can you tell me what to do with bandits?

Last edited by Ziarniak on Jan 18, 2021, 8:25:49 AM
Iam interested, if thats a working nicely ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info