Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Series X|S Next Gen patch?

Hai GGG,

Are you planning to release a next gen patch for Xbox Series X|S? Would love to see enhanced PoE with next gen console.

Cheers.
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2020, 2:07:28 PM
Did some digging and found this old post from Jeff.

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile will be available on next generation consoles, sharing the same client. In terms of the changes, initially they will be running in backwards compatibility mode, which will see some benefit of the new hardware (i.e SSD). We intend to support the native implementations of these system at a later time.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936408/page/1#p23501079

Hopefully we get some updates on both the new consoles soon but i wouldn't expect anything till the new year.
Cool, thanks.
"
saif3r wrote:
Cool, thanks.

I have no inside knowledge, but I would say don't expect a new client (that's what it is, not just a patch) for the next gen consoles for at least a year.

If there are issues that require fixing, I'm sure they'll patch the existing client.

But a client fully designed for the new hardware will be a long time coming.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they launch the new client alongside (or just before or after) PoE2 (which current estimates from knowledgeable twitch streamers put at late 2022 or 2023-ish).
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
saif3r wrote:
Cool, thanks.

I have no inside knowledge, but I would say don't expect a new client (that's what it is, not just a patch) for the next gen consoles for at least a year.

If there are issues that require fixing, I'm sure they'll patch the existing client.

But a client fully designed for the new hardware will be a long time coming.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they launch the new client alongside (or just before or after) PoE2 (which current estimates from knowledgeable twitch streamers put at late 2022 or 2023-ish).

I agree with you. It will most likely have to be a new client to take advantage of the new consoles hardware just judging by all the other games that got free upgrades already.

Now all that matters is time, man power, and how scalable the game is. We already see an improvement in resolution, fps and loading on the backwards compatible versions. Fingers crossed it isn't too difficult for the console team.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info