Trade Board: AFK players should be considered offline

I ran into this multiple times. It's hard to know if someone is ignoring you or they're AFk. I knew of someone who admitted that they leave their game on for the trade board.

I whispered him in game and of course, I received an auto reply that he was AFK. I added him to my ignore list, but it would be a huge quality of life fix if players that were AFK be considered offline.

Thanks GGG, I love you.
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2020, 1:22:37 PM
I saw the same person standing in Sarn Encampment for over 48 hours. Didn't move an inch. Logged out one night he was there, in the next day still there, in the day after that, still there. Even laughed about it in global.

This would be a nice improvement, the only issue is that then they will rubber band the joystick so the run circles in town. So it's not gonna solve the issue unfortunately.

The AFK measuring would need to be 2 step. One for controller activity (shorter timer = 15 mins) and another for time within a zone. If you spent too long in one zone (1 hour, even if moving with the joystick) the game would consider you away until you moved to a new zone.

Who knows if even that would work or if they would find a way to stand on a waypoint and reload the zone over and over to skip that. But it would make it a lot harder for them to fake they are here when they are not.
"
I ran into this multiple times. It's hard to know if someone is ignoring you or they're AFk. I knew of someone who admitted that they leave their game on for the trade board.

I whispered him in game and of course, I received an auto reply that he was AFK. I added him to my ignore list, but it would be a huge quality of life fix if players that were AFK be considered offline.

Thanks GGG, I love you.

THIS ^
"
I saw the same person standing in Sarn Encampment for over 48 hours. Didn't move an inch. Logged out one night he was there, in the next day still there, in the day after that, still there. Even laughed about it in global.

This would be a nice improvement, the only issue is that then they will rubber band the joystick so the run circles in town. So it's not gonna solve the issue unfortunately.

The AFK measuring would need to be 2 step. One for controller activity (shorter timer = 15 mins) and another for time within a zone. If you spent too long in one zone (1 hour, even if moving with the joystick) the game would consider you away until you moved to a new zone.

Who knows if even that would work or if they would find a way to stand on a waypoint and reload the zone over and over to skip that. But it would make it a lot harder for them to fake they are here when they are not.

This made me laugh so hard, 48 hours? But yeah, I do hope some measures are put in place to make this harder to do.
"

Thanks GGG, I love you.

I call BS, unless XBox players have a feature we don't have on PS4.

How did you identify the person on the trade board? No account names or anything are listed. Even if they were, you need a character name in order to whisper someone.

It's my understanding that being in AFK status does affect your tradeboard listings. I don't know if shows as offline or if just pushes you to the end of the list. And it could be wrong. I can't remember where I was told that.

Maybe I'll test it the next time one of my friends is on.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"

Thanks GGG, I love you.

I call BS, unless XBox players have a feature we don't have on PS4.

How did you identify the person on the trade board? No account names or anything are listed. Even if they were, you need a character name in order to whisper someone.

It's my understanding that being in AFK status does affect your tradeboard listings. I don't know if shows as offline or if just pushes you to the end of the list. And it could be wrong. I can't remember where I was told that.

Maybe I'll test it the next time one of my friends is on.

I literally said 'I knew of someone,' meaning I've played and interacted with them on Path. The ladder also lets you know when someone is online. I know this person and I know their timezone. He leaves his game on while he is sleeping. I Knew his in-game name from said ladder. I whispered him and got auto reply that he's AFK. If he wasn't online: the ladder would show him offline and the autoreply would have said character is not online.
"

I literally said 'I knew of someone,' meaning I've played and interacted with them on Path. The ladder also lets you know when someone is online. I know this person and I know their timezone. He leaves his game on while he is sleeping. I Knew his in-game name from said ladder. I whispered him and got auto reply that he's AFK. If he wasn't online: the ladder would show him offline and the autoreply would have said character is not online.

But how did you know that the item in question on the trade board belonged to that person?
"
QQPQ wrote:
"

But how did you know that the item in question on the trade board belonged to that person?

I should have stated I'm on HC and it's not difficult to figure out considering the size of our community.
"
"
QQPQ wrote:
"

I should have stated I'm on HC and it's not difficult to figure out considering the size of our community.

Who did you block? Because I have offers on shit that literally never get addressed even when it says the items online.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info