Arc Build Help

Here is the Arc build I’m looking toward. If anyone notices anything glaringly wrong, please let me know. I can update it with a PoB link later, but right now I’m limited to my tablet. I’m also well aware it is very heavy on the uniques.

Skill Tree Anointment: Revelry

Uniques
- Pledge of Hands
- Cloak of Defiance
- Crown of the Inward Eye
- March of the Legion
- Atziri’s Foible
- Watcher’s Eye
- Healthy Mind (placed north of Witch)
- The Vigil
- Unnatural Instinct (placed near Scion)
- Kitava’s Teaching

Pledge of Hands
- Arc
- Spell Echo
- Archmage
- Elemental Focus
- Lightning Penetration
- Controlled Destruction

Cloak of Defiance
- Arcane Cloak
- Sigil of Power
- Flame Dash
- Arcane Surge
- Second Wind
- Increased Duration

Crown of the Inward Eye
- CWDT (1)
- Desecrate (1)
- Bone Offering (8)
- Spell Cascade
. . . . . or
- Arcanist Brand
- Desecrate (1)
- Bone Offering
- Spell Cascade

Gloves
- CWDT (1)
- Wave of Conviction (7)
- General’s Cry
- Vigilant Strike

March of the Legion
- Wrath
- Zealotry
- Clarity
- Purity of Fire

Unset Rings
- Vitality
- Vaal Righteous Fire (using both regular and Vaal)
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 22, 2020, 12:40:25 PM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2020, 1:00:19 PM
Seems like you need to stop and cast too many spells, and many more spells don't get triggered unless you are hit.
Yes it is active, but not too much for me.
- Arc main dps Spell
- 4 auras ~23s duration, will take ~1.5s to cast all and refill mana (will be more streamlined if I chose to go for Sovereignty)
- warcry, Fortify ~37s duration, must have corpse
- guard skill ~8s duration, instant, ~2.3s CD
- movement skill
- sigil ~33s duration, 2 charges on ~7s CD, bossing only
- 2 skills on either brand or CWDT
- 1 skill on either spell totem or CWDT (ST not part of first post)
- 1 Vaal skill
- 2 permanent auras/buffs

If I’m lazy, the guard can go on left click. The auras are simply a second set of piano keys to press with a slight delay. Very long duration on Fortify. Movement skill. Everything else is situational. I didn’t put flasks in the post, but Doedre’s Elixir will enter the build for charges and to help force CWDT procs.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 23, 2020, 9:09:58 AM
Assuming you can manage your resists with this many uniques I don't see anything that's glaringly wrong with the build, aside from a million buttons to press but if that's fine for you then go for it.

However, I don't know if you have played an Archemage/Manatank build before but I tried one this weekend and I scrapped it after 2 days because the entire build, both offense and defense relied entirely on the timing with those foreboding manaflasks to keep your mana full. You literally have to keep spamming that button every second. Run out of charges or forget a press and it can get you killed real fast because the flask has a 7 second cooldown and only refills mana at the end of the effect. It's literally the most stupid kind of gameplay I have ever experienced. If you know what you are getting into and somehow like it, again go for it but I just wanted to give you a warning. I surely wished I hadn't wasted 2 days trying to make this work smoothly.
I may need foreboding early on, but I think I’ll be fine without it once I’m fully geared. I should have ~50% mana regen per second without a flask. Resists will be a bit of a challenge but shouldn’t be too far out there. I get 27% all res + 15% lightning from the tree. Boots can roll up to 18% all res, and my Purity will roll up to 82% fire (will be L23 before I start using RF) or 93% with Sovereignty. For early mapping I’m more than comfortable relying on Endurance charges and/or replacing an aura for another Purity. That leaves 6-17% fire, 90% cold, and 75% lightning to get amongst 2 unset rings, a belt, and gloves. True I want both rings to have mana regen and every rare life + mana, so adding resists to all that will get expensive.

I really do appreciate all the feedback. I know someone out there can think of something I haven’t and/or have a faulty assumption of.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 23, 2020, 7:02:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info