[3.12] Theory build: archmage hexblast Occultist/Ascendent

Hexblast have 130% added damage multiplier and 400% more damage for hit on 40 doom. Also, ALL damage from it can freeze, shock and ignite. I believe it has a perfect match with the ultimate added damage source: archmage.

With Occultist, Whispers of Doom and Windsherik/Vixen's Entrapment we can apply 4 curses. After all of them reach max doom, we can just cast hexblast with Pledge of Hand + spell echo to make 4 huge explosions.

The basic build idea will be similar to my archmage ball lightning build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2805657

Gem links will be: Greater Spell Echo(PoH)--Hexblast--Archmage--Spell Echo--Lightning Penetration--Controlled Destruction--Spell cascade/concentrated effect(from the description the single target damage is not AoE, another support gem may be needed here)

Curse combination: Conductivity, Elemental Weakness, Punishment, Enfeeble.

Another possibility will be Wand/shield combination and use Unlease to remove all hexes at once. The damage may be lower but then it is possible to use low-life setup.
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2020, 9:56:39 AM
I don't believe curses applied by triggers (such as Vixens) will accumulate DOOM (from the patch notes: Curse gains 10 Doom per second IF you Cast this Spell yourself). I'm not sure how that will work with the Doomsday notable which says Hexes will gain max DOOM when the Hexed Area expires, if that lets you gain DOOM on your triggered curses it could get around the problem. I like the idea of using Archmage with Hexblast either way though, that seems solid.
"
Octavious wrote:
I don't believe curses applied by triggers (such as Vixens) will accumulate DOOM (from the patch notes: Curse gains 10 Doom per second IF you Cast this Spell yourself). I'm not sure how that will work with the Doomsday notable which says Hexes will gain max DOOM when the Hexed Area expires, if that lets you gain DOOM on your triggered curses it could get around the problem. I like the idea of using Archmage with Hexblast either way though, that seems solid.

I pick Vixens only for +1 curse limit. Also with all those doom gain speed nodes, a hex can gain 25 doom per second, so Doomsday is not so necessary. But yeah, if Doomsday can bypass self-cast strict, it will be a huge QoL improvement.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Sep 17, 2020, 9:49:22 AM
Oooh okay, when you said with Vixen's you could apply 4 curses I thought you meant at once. I get what you're saying now. I have a number of questions about how Doomsday is going to work, I look forward to finding out. Also, since you're using a staff it might be worth considering making one of your curses a 6-link with Impending Doom in the chest slot. The pops should be good for clear speed if nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info