[3.12] Suzu520's Pyro-Golementalist League starter ft. Blazing Salvo and Flame Wall

This theory crafted starter build features the two new skills Blazing Salvo and Flame Wall. As an Elementalist, this build utilizes at least 4 Golems after Cruel lab. This guide includes leveling process and suggestions on gear, up until Endgame mappings.

Blazing Salvo shoots 6 area projectiles each dealing 162-243 base fire damage.

Flame Wall creates up to 3 walls that deals 456.3 base fire damage per seconds to enemies, enemies who passes through also receive secondary base fire damage of 1852.2 per second.

Despite the high number, this build's main goal is to use the feature where projectiles which passed through Flame Wall will gain 78-117 fire damage, and will apply the secondary debuff onto enemies.

Why do I choose to do this? Because watching Blazing Salvo & Flame Golems projectiles fly through Flame Wall sounds authentically fun :D

Because this is a League Starter build, I will not be including Cluster Jewels until there is concrete example that I found that will be useful to my build.

The Theory crafted guide would be divided into Early leveling (till Act4), Mid leveling (Act 5-7),Late leveling (Act8-10) and Endgame viability(Maps and other contents)

# Currently working on leveling gear and what the build would want to have.

## Skills have not been updated to PoB yet, so more updates would be coming.

### Videos are thus not made yet, my current plan is to stream the leveling process and see if I could make a video out of it when I starts mapping.

####You can find me on https://www.twitch.tv/suzu520

EarlyLeveling

The first part will be the Powerspike points that you should be aware of:
Act1

Level 1:

Fireball + Arcane Surge till the quest Breaking some Eggs
If you want a faster leveling experience, create a Scion first and use the Onslaught support you get from Twilight Strand.

Level 4:
Once completed the quest, Witch receives Flame Wall as one of the rewards.

level 10:

After Brutus you should go back to town and get Flame Dash as your main movement skill. This is also where you can buy the support gem Combustion, Mana regeneration aura Clarity, and HP Regen aura Vitality because the mana reservation is now very easy to manage for some extra survivability.

level 12:

This should be where you enter the Cavern of Wrath, and Nessa will reward you with Blazing Salvo. At this point Nessa should have Minion Damage support that you can purchase from.

Act2

Level 16:

After defeating Fidelitas at Chamber of Sins, Greust will reward you with the choice of heralds, choose Herald of Ash for more fire spell damage.

level 18:

Talk to Silk after the Weaver's Chamber mission, some support skill gem will be unlocked in Vendor, and Silk will reward you one of them, choose Controlled Destruction for some stable dps increase. You might want to buy Faster Casting and Concentrated Effect for later use once you get more links on your equipments. For your Golems, purchase Minion Speed support.

Kill all the Bandits for more passive skill points.

Act3

level 23:

This is the part where you get your curse Flammability from Maramoa after encountering Piety for the first time.

Level 31:

At this level you would be able to unlock the support skill Blasphemy support for consistent curses on enemies around you, to acquire this you will need to travel to the Library, which is an area connected to the Imperial Garden, finish the quest and talk to Siosa for reward. You'll also want to purchase Feeding Frenzy support for your later on use. Pinpoint support is newly introduced and could be purchased from Siosa as well, it would increase Blazing Salvo's projectile damage by a lot. Purchase Burning Damage support and Fire Penetration support for later use.

Act4

Level 34:

Defeat Voll in the Dried Lake and breaking the Deshret's Seal, you will unlock Summon Golems by talking to Oyun. Personally I like having one Stone golem and the rests are Flame golem for the extra life regen it gives.

Level 38:

After defeating Kaom and Daresso, talking to Dialla would unlock Spell Echoes support, then purchase Immolate support for your Golem or Blazing Salvo.

EarlyPassives

Assuming you finished all the side quest for passive points, it should look like this :
www.poeurl.com/c0Ow

This would be the transitioning tree towards having Golems to deal damage with you, and the point where you get Elementalist Ascendancy.

Once you get Attributes from items you can remove the two Attribute nodes and put them into Life and Mana node and the Fire dot multiplier node gap.

MidLeveling

Starting from Act 5 onwards Resistances and Life becomes more and more mandatory, especially for our build because we don't reach life nodes until we invest into Templar's area and down to Scion's life wheel.

Aim to have all Rare gear with some life or resistance on your way to Act 5, otherwise you would need to craft a normal two-stone ring and use cheap currency such as Essences to make it rare, then use Crafting bench to fill out the necessary stats.

Some useful Uniques that you could use that is usually around 1-3 chaos orbs are:

Zeel's gives you life and energy shield and spell damage that's valuable early on

Bated Breath is good for spell builds in general, and ES variant of this build could use this until they get a better substitution

Reverberation Rod gives you early 4-L without investment, and it can be upgraded to Amplification Rod by using the prophecy Power Magnified

LateLeveling

Once you defeated Arakaali in Act 7, you should be able to proceed to finish Cruel Lab without problem.

Finishing Act 8 would lead you to the Blood Aqueduct, traveling to Act 9 and unlock the option of farming a Tabula Rasa.

Decide if you want to proceed to finish till Kitava, or you can farm Blood Aqueduct for Humility cards if you really want yourself a 6L chest. This is a lot like mapping but it's not mandatory, however it is a great chance to gear up some ilv61 Equipments dropped in this area if you are having trouble capping Resistances, or don't have enough Life, or ES etc.

If you manage to finish Kitava with ease, it means your build is ready for mapping.

Endgame

Early Endgame PoB with Explanation:

Post Act 10 is where mapping begins, this means that you would need to aim for resistances cap, and also having at least a 4-Linked flame golem/blazing salvo. Due to the fact that new skills are not available on PoB yet, I cannot confirm dps/average damage of said skills.

### The following PoB are used to generalize the overall direction that I think would suits best for the build, and it might change around if I deem optimization is needed.

Level 81 ES-based PoB: https://pastebin.com/LADEmJAJ

The Endgame passive tree will be divided into Life-based and ES-based, due to the nature of spell casting build, ES Leech become a viable survivability option that normal Golemancy builds can afford, my version of ES passive tree currently has 2 Energy from Within to make ES% high enough to invest in.(reaching 209% increased ES)

Level 80 Life-based PoB: https://pastebin.com/8tDqwDge

Meanwhile Life-based build is overall easier to build into because the pathing of passive skill tree leads to several good life nodes, and the fact that each level gives 12 life so it's easier to gear up without investing too much onto jewels.(namely the Scion Constitution wheel and Templar's Discipline and Training)

Post Launch Update :

First impression into the first 3 acts, Flame Wall early level exp curve is too high to use as a main skill, need fireball/holy flame totem to take care of bosses until level 12.
Playstyle: place flamewall near you stand in it and spam Blazing Salvo

After considering how Fork interacts with Blazing Salvo, my gem set-up has become BS - Fork - GMP - Combustion - Immolate - Faster Casting, replacing Pinpoint with GMP because it reduces the number of projectiles that could potentially be shotgunning bosses when using Fork (Imagine molten strike but is a spell).

So far Flame Wall is doing more enough damage to blue mobs.

I have also started using Sniper mark to quickly recharge Mana flasks while increasing enemies damage taken, with a side curse self-cast Flammability which I gave up using with Blasphemy due to Mana problems.

In terms of extra survivability, Steel skin is still a solid choice in my opinion, and you can place it on your left click so that it automatically cast when you're walking.

Mapping Update:

currently my items are quite bad but I managed to have around 3.9k hp and have resistances capped, white maps are definitely not a problem for now, but will look for weapons that might suit this build.

Mapping Update #2:

reached level 82, instead of Blasphemy Flammability, I spent 2 points to get Doom's day and made Flammability stronger on bosses, the mana reservation that is left open is substituted by Zealotry, which increases both you and your golems' spell damage, and a plus one Flame Wall which also increase in damage thanks to it's implicit spell damage modifier. The character reached 4566, and is currently using Steelskin for survivability. Weapons are currently being debated between using a staff or wand+shield or double wand.

Mapping Update #3:

Currently I'm trying out a different more damage focused route of passive tree which saves up travel points and sacrifice 14% life and 1 jewel socket for 7 passive skill points: http://poeurl.com/c1P5
This gives us 74% increased damage for BS and 12% Ele res, with 6% fire DoT scaling extra for our FW

Mapping Update #4:

I made a mistake wanting to try to get the elemental damage leech as life nodes, it's bad, don't do it, stick to Pendulum and also the herald fire pen instead.

Mapping Update #5:

Currently trying out Glancing Blow + Armour for defense mechanism, also took unwavering stance so that you get stun immunity, it greatly increases your survivability so I recommend taking it. I've also changed my weapon to Martyr of Innocence for block chance fire pen and added fire spell damage. Since our BS is now doing damage, I've changed the usage of my golems to having one Chaos, Lightning, Stone and Flame golem each, so that you'll have Phys reduction, Life regen, Damage and Cast speed. I'll update the PoB soon.

to be continued.......
Last edited by Suzu520 on Sep 22, 2020, 5:48:20 AM
Last bumped on Oct 3, 2020, 5:58:00 AM
Hello! I'm going to start with this, looks really interesting and fun.
What you think about defense? Is CI possible?
"
farrou wrote:
Hello! I'm going to start with this, looks really interesting and fun.
What you think about defense? Is CI possible?

Hi! I'm still working on defenses, I'll try to see if there's a shorter route for CI. Though I would focus on a life-based version because of the Vitality change, also because I don't think this build has enough mana reservation for discipline. I'll keep this updated :)
"
Suzu520 wrote:
Hi! I'm still working on defenses, I'll try to see if there's a shorter route for CI. Though I would focus on a life-based version because of the Vitality change, also because I don't think this build has enough mana reservation for discipline. I'll keep this updated :)

Yeah, that makes sense, a life-based version sounds good.
Looking forward to the next updates :)
"
farrou wrote:
"
Suzu520 wrote:

I made PoB for ES and Life based variant and they do be looking good, the only downside is that ES gear and jewels are generally expensive, so you can decide for yourself :D However the tree is going to be updated in launch and I will be updating the PoB links as well. Hope you enjoy the build!
"
Suzu520 wrote:
"
farrou wrote:
"
Suzu520 wrote:

I made PoB for ES and Life based variant and they do be looking good, the only downside is that ES gear and jewels are generally expensive, so you can decide for yourself :D However the tree is going to be updated in launch and I will be updating the PoB links as well. Hope you enjoy the build!

Wow, thanks! Gonna start with a life-based version or some hybrid and then move to ES-version, if I'll be lucky enough with currency :)
And what do you think about weapon at endgame? Some Martyr of Innocence or something? I mean budget endgame gear, not a 50ex craft :D
"
farrou wrote:

Wow, thanks! Gonna start with a life-based version or some hybrid and then move to ES-version, if I'll be lucky enough with currency :)
And what do you think about weapon at endgame? Some Martyr of Innocence or something? I mean budget endgame gear, not a 50ex craft :D

I think the build benefits a lot from having +2 to fire spell gems wand as it boosts both your fire skills and golems, and you can have %fire damage increase to boost yourself or %minion damage as well. the first modifier isn't too hard to find, so aim for a wand and shield for defences, or duo wand with +4 fire spell gems for pure offence option.
Last edited by Suzu520 on Sep 18, 2020, 7:54:17 AM
"
Suzu520 wrote:
I think the build benefits a lot from having +2 to fire spell gems wand as it boosts both your fire skills and golems, and you can have %fire damage increase to boost yourself or %minion damage as well. the first modifier isn't too hard to find, so aim for a wand and shield for defences, or duo wand with +4 fire spell gems for pure offence option.

Thanks, really appreciate all advices :)
Hey! Im thinking about starting league with this build. Can I have a rough idea about the end game skill gem links?
"
hotwavelnw wrote:
Hey! Im thinking about starting league with this build. Can I have a rough idea about the end game skill gem links?

This might subject to change but here is my rough estimation

Blazing Salvo - Pinpoint - fork - combustion - concentrated effect - immolate

summon flame golem - spell echo - minion damage - minion speed - concentrated effect - GMP

Flame wall - Flame dash - arcane surge - burning damage

flammability - blasphemy - vitality - vaal clarity

Last edited by Suzu520 on Sep 18, 2020, 8:00:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info