Is it just me, or does the Iron Mass Gladius look totally OP?

In announcements heist teasers, there is a picture of a new weapon, the Iron Mass Gladius

It grants
Unholy Might
21% chance to wither on hit.
Skeletal warriors you summon have this weapon equipped if you have it in your main hand.

If you have hit with the weapon recently (4 seconds), skeletal warriors do TRIPLE damage.

Is it just me, or does this seem TOTALLY OP for necro skel builds?

Grab a 4 white socket triad gloves and go to town with this thing.

Skeletons, which already do great damage, but many don't use cause of having to resummon all the time, will now have perma unholy might, 21% chance to wither on hit, and will DO TRIPLE DAMAGE as long as you hit something every 4 seconds.

I gotta assume this will be super super rare and expensive, the ultimate chase item for summoner.

triple damage.....Triple Damage....TRIPLE DAMAGE!

Or i could be wrong....
What if the damage of the weapon 136-197, overwrites the base damage of the skeleton? That would make them do much much less damage than a skel's 1012 base damage. (according to the wiki)
Last edited by Odif on Sep 16, 2020, 7:08:58 PM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2020, 3:19:43 PM
this sword is insane IF it doesnt destroy the base damage of a skeleton.

summoners have already been using melee attacks to give themselves fortify, wearing this would be so much more damage than ANY type of convoking wand.
Spoiler

253 pDPS with permanent Unholy Might is not bad. Most ppl may go with pure skeleton summoner or Dom Blow. But I'm already thinking how to make this work with Splitting Steel and CoC + Summon Skeletons (+ Dark Pact as well maybe).
"
jeerinho wrote:
Spoiler

253 pDPS with permanent Unholy Might is not bad. Most ppl may go with pure skeleton summoner or Dom Blow. But I'm already thinking how to make this work with Splitting Steel and CoC + Summon Skeletons (+ Dark Pact as well maybe).

According to the Wiki, level 20 skeletons do over 1k pdps, so ya, 253 sucks.
And much much more damage at higher gem levels.

But who knows if the Wiki is right.
It will require significant +flat damage to get the skeletons back up to their NORMAL dps range, much less increase. Thats what you are not calculating

Just like why paradoxica is crap if you dont have +damage on gear and gems and/or main skill you use it with.

However, it has potential if you stack as much flat damage as possible.

Again, just like paradoxica if you have god Tier gear, it becomes probably the best weapon along with Savior.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the sword as shown nearly doubles skeletons' base attack speed. Should be at least double and probably slightly above with a well rolled sword. That's kind of a big deal by itself.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Meh, this is going to be bad. Skeletons scale with gem levels, they get like 10% more damage with each level (up to lvl30) and even get additional maximum number of skeletons.

This weapon doesn't only have a much lower base damage than a lvl20 skeleton, if you don't scale their level, you won't get additional max skeletons, thus having a much lower potential. Just stick with the dual +2 wands with minion attack speed/damage, and get wither/unholy might somewhere else (there is a passive that gives it on kill)

The triple damage even overrides double damage that can be obtained in a couple of ways.

The only way it could be possible to scale them in an interesting way is to use lots of +flat damage abyss jewels, and probably with +flat damage gems/buffs. Skeletons even get 50% more added damage. Maybe there is a way to properly use this sword...
You have to combine it with United in Dream (poison and envy which is three times better on them now).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info