Dungeon Siege 2 was pretty fun.

I mean it was a story based real-time with pause party based hack and slash with a usage based leveling system.

I still go back and play it every once in a while, but finding a compiled version of it with the Broken World expansion is darned near impossible due to the way the licensing was handled. (on that note I'm glad GGG decided to self publish)

But about once per year I go out and look for a game even close to being in the same vein as Dungeon Siege 2. Slim pickings. Slim, slim pickings. I had some hope that Dungeon Siege 3 would be a similar experience, but no, they went in a completely different direction with that. I was hoping that Wildman might have rekindled some of the fun from multiplayer, but alas it didn't get funded.

Maybe there will be something next year, but the game is getting more and more out of date. Was a good time.
IGN : Reamus
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2020, 2:36:39 AM
I loved Dungeon Siege 2 also. I even still have my original CD's for it somehow. I tried playing it again maybe 2-3 yrs ago, but that didn't last long. It's just way, way too unpleasant to look at on modern hardware. Nostalgia could only carry it so far heh.

I think I'm definitely in the minority in saying I actually liked DS3. Different direction for sure, but I still enjoyed it overall. Maybe not quite a diamond in the rough, but more underrated than it deserves to be.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Oddly enough, Dungeon Siege III was my first Dungeon Siege, still have the disc somewhere and somehow it's sitting in my steam folder, and I still didn't like it all that much. Maybe I'll revisit it someday.

I don't really enjoy party-based RPGs, but if a game is unusually great or somehow clicks with me I'll put up with it. Loved Eye of the Beholder and the original Neverwinter Nights (the latter of which I play to this day on tablet), didn't really get into the clunkiness of the Baldur's Gate style games, Torment, etc. What I have played of Divinity: Original Sin I like a lot, but that's less 'party' and more 'companion'. And once controllable Heroes were added to Guild Wars 1, I had no real trouble adapting to that, given the NPC hirelings before that were utterly pants-on-head stupid.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info