Bleed Gladiator in SSFHC - An open ended guide.

Welcome to my bloody guide. I will be updating this constantly Over the next few days, it's not complete. Only first hand knowledge. As the title states this guide is tailored towards SSFHC. So if you're playing in trade league please just check prices on items before you devote any time to acquiring them yourself.

About:
Spoiler
I have played bleed builds since Prophecy. Starting with EQ Voidheart, man was double dipping juicy. But GGG took our ketchup away and enacted a single dipping policy.

Bleed later received buffs through champion. Currently it is well represented in 2 meta builds. I'll be discussing those as well as some others and my own. I will not be getting into impale in this guide atm.

End Game Weapons: (item level 83+ Elder influence required).
Spoiler

Never got elder Citadel bow, but it's the best bow base. Axes have the highest dps potential Due to having an elder only %Phys suffix. Shields give the most survivability followed by staves. Scroll down to Item Acquisition for a complete run down.

>Staff Build< Yes we're throwing spinning shit now.
Spoiler
Yes I mean cyclone
and yes I know your reaction is probably this

Cyclone delivers dirty for those brave enough to make a staff that nobody else will want to buy. I was smooshing more monsters than Snooky in T19 maps testing this build.

-Build Concept
Spoiler

We utilize 2 6-Linked skills and 1 pseudo 6-Linked skill to accomplish silky smooth gameplay.

Lion's Roar enables us to push trash monsters around and most map bosses. Allowing us to do slightly more dps than crimson dance does at max stacks, instantly.

You Swap to a bow and apply Ensnaring Arrow's Debuff after you quake a boss that cannot be knocked back. This skill is resistant to Chris Wilson's anti snapshotting campaign and I'm on it's side. Even after you weapon swap the debuff stays on the target.

Item Acquisition:

-The Lion
Spoiler
Provides us with so many great items to get started. Farm Act 6 mudflats, The red colored unique Karui boss Dishonored Queen drops the card roughly 1/10 runs. You can get 3 sets per hour if you hustle.
The shield will make your early mapping very safe.

The bow is a great starter if you don't want to play melee when you hit maps.

The jewel is amazing for bow when socketed to the left of marauder start.

The chest is a great target for a 5L for AoE on the bow version early on. If your dps gets up in the 10s of millions the chest becomes BiS due to Split arrow + arrow nova(double utility link). Essentially you get a 2 screen wide Rain of Arrows with more dmg than that skill. This setup is also safer as you can clear a room or around a corner without aggroing monsters

-Elder/Shaper Influenced Items
Spoiler

Oshabi
Spoiler
Unavailable
Primal Blisterlord Bulb provides very powerful crafts in SSF.
I recommend using Fortune Blossom and Horticrafting Blossom
Unavailable
Unavailable
In SSF Conserve your uses of these plants by placing you T3s in a corner. Then you place the flower in a way that only the corner of it's buff AoE touches the corner where you have your T3 placed. This allows you to get 50+ bonuses out of your Influence flower instead of wasting them on unimportant plants.

If you want to minmax your garden around Blisterlord Bulb production keep reading. Firstly grow all your blue monster level 73+(76 will cover everything but not required) plants. Secondly only grow T2 purple and yellow plants that have primal energy requirements. This will allow you to continue building up your garden and energy stores without cutting into Blisterlord production.

Jun
Spoiler

Elder Scarabs can be reliably acquired by placing Korell Goya, Son of Stone in the Intervention Safehouse.

If you want to minmax your Investigations around scarabs keep reading.

You want to choose 2 and only 2 Masters for intervention. I prefer Vorici(for shaper scarabs) as my second.

When you subdue a master and are offered a choice it is important to choose correctly.

Relationships are represented by the green and red lines between masters on Show Investigation. When a choice is offered that results in an alliance or rivalry you create a line between the masters. This will allow a master to engage you on a jun mission outside their own safehouse.

We want the only relationships to be between Vorici and Korell. Other masters can have relationships with those 2 but nobody else. So do not choose to make a rivalry or friendship between others. All lines lead to either Korell or Vorici and Red is better than green.

When Korell>Vorici is present in an encounter outside intervention go to him first if he isn't 3 stars yet and execute if possible. If you cannot execute him read the options of each master and choose the best selection in line with your goal.

When a Master that isn't Korell or Vorici is present in an intervention encounter and is rank 3 you will interrogate them. Because it is an intervention encounter your will receive intelligence for intervention even though the master isn't from that safehouse.

If you are only given options that have a negative outcome click the icon near the bottom of the screen that has a little stickman running away.

Do not kill Katarina or safehouses other than intervention until you are finished collecting scarabs. I also refrain from gathering intelligence on other safehouses as not to lock them for a turn unless it grants me a relationship with Korell/Vorici. I want to preserve the ranks of other masters to maximize interrogation intelligence for Intervention.

After you have all your influence item you can use this strat to maximize any master in this way as you choose. I generally go with It That Fled >+ Whoever you want on Research. To upgrade Uul netol stones and hope for Surrender drop.

Zana and T14+ Bosses
Spoiler

Maps With Area is Influenced by the Elder of high enough tier can be acquired from T14 bosses with a % chance based on your awakening leveling. You can also purchase them from Zana for a stiff price. So lube up and shell out for them.

Niko
Spoiler
Once you reach a depth that is monster level 83 you can receive ilvl 83 elder weapons from chests. Look for the delve nodes with little swords and pray to Chris Wilson.

Alva/Cassia/Legion
Spoiler
Legion monoliths and Blight encounters can spawn chests and monsters that have a small chance to drop influenced items. Alva can have a legion monolith within the temple.

-The Dapper Prodigy
Spoiler

This card can be found in Residence map and drops off anything in there.

If you want to minmax your Atlas to receive the most possible residence maps early in your progression keep reading.

Residence is a natural T14 map located in Valdo's rest. When 3 watchstones are socketed within Valdo's rest there is only 1 map that is T13. Arrange your watchstones so that you do not have T13s on the drop table other than Overgrown Shrine Map. Every time a T13 drops you will always get this map and you can vendor 3 for a residence. This is almost as powerful as the old Map Shaping system + deleting completions.

As an added bonus, you will have Tropical Island as your only T10. Great map for farming seeds/splinters.

Crafting

Bench Mod unlocks you can't afford to pass up
Spoiler
25% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments - Gloves/Boots - Armory Map T13 Lex Proxima

35% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments - Body Armor - Unveiling - any master

Shock Nearby Enemies for 4 seconds on Focus - Ring - Unveiling - any master

129% Local Physical Damage - Weapon - Relic Chambers Map - T9 Tirn's End

-# Manacost to channeling or Non-Channeling skills - Ring/Amulet - Unveiling Elreon Jewelry

IGN @ExileProz
Last edited by SirJukesAlot on Aug 23, 2020, 8:47:38 PM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2020, 11:35:09 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Reserved
IGN @ExileProz
This is really helpful as someone who's looking into bleed builds for Heist, Thank you, gonna keep checking back here frequently.

As an aside, do you find bow or melee/lacerate scales harder late game, assuming influenced items? are there enough defensive layers as a bow build to stay safe throughout atlas progression?
This is really helpful as someone who's looking into bleed builds for Heist, Thank you, gonna keep checking back here frequently.

As an aside, do you find bow or melee/lacerate scales harder late game, assuming influenced items? are there enough defensive layers as a bow build to stay safe throughout atlas progression?
Can you go more in depth on the Jun stuff? Or is there somewhere else to get more info on this. Seems like you have a lot of good info there but it was hard to follow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info