Second Wind Support

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2021, 4:01:03 PM
Second Wind which "supports skills with cooldowns" is currently as of patch 3.11.1 effecting its 1.25x mana multiplier on the mana reservation required for any auras or heralds (which apparently have activation cooldowns for some reason) that happen to be linked with it.

This is undesirable considering second wind has no useful interactions with auras or heralds, and creates unnecessary complications arranging gem placements and socket links.

As an example, right now I would prefer not having to waste Fusing Orbs to de-link a 4-linked piece of equipment, essentially reducing its versatility, just to fit in a simple Dash + Second Wind combination while having Malevolence and Herald of Agony placed in the same item, for which there are no other slots available.

I don't know if anyone actually reads the posts here but any feedback would be appreciated.
If those quality gems will be deleted after Heist league ends, then don't bother reading this comment any further.

Alternate quality of this gem that provides 1% of life regen over 1 second for 20 quality seems like a mistake. There is no way that someone looked at it and said: "it's okay quality for a gem, put it in the game".
Gaining 50 life per skill usage on a character with 5k life is nothing and since it's percentage based it doesn't matter how much life your character have.

Would it really hurt that much to change it for something more significant like this:

(gem with 20 quality)
- 10% life regen over 1 second;
- 5% of life recovered instantly;
- 500 flat life regen over 1 second (25 life per 1 quality).

Possible drawbacks to balance it out:
- 20% increased cooldown of supported active skill;
- "-1 usage" from second wind support gem;
- Doesn't provide regen effect with warcries.
Any combinations of those might work as well, like increased cooldown and "doesn't work with warcries" together.

For now "one additional use" quality of this gem with 10% increased cooldown is way too good to even consider anything else.
"
Shortling wrote:
Second Wind which "supports skills with cooldowns" is currently as of patch 3.11.1 effecting its 1.25x mana multiplier on the mana reservation required for any auras or heralds (which apparently have activation cooldowns for some reason) that happen to be linked with it.

The cooldown on heralds/auras is the time between turning it off and being able to turn it on again. While useless as a stat, it's technically correct.

-----

As my feedback, I think this gem is silly, and, if I were on a soapbox, I would say that it should be removed from the game. I notice that PoE is leaning more and more toward using support skills with cooldowns (warcries/gaurds/frost shield/etc), and as such, second wind becomes a 3rd/4th link for pretty much everything. One of my latest characters had 4 second winds linked in gear, it's just odd.
Since Second Wind Support no longer provides cooldown reduction and grants no benefits to instant skills (e.g., guard skills), it should only support non-instant skills with cooldowns. Slapping a 200% mana multiplier on, in particular, guard skills that merely happen to be in the same 4 or 6 link, while providing no benefits, just seems spiteful even by the standards of the 3.15 changes.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
should have been split into two gems like blood magic was.

second wind was dumpstered by 3.15.

other abilities had their cooldowns increased because of second winds CDR to(enduring cry for exmaple).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info