Archmage Support

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2024, 6:04:27 PM
Why it's doesn't work with blood magic? Would be nice if it would take hp instead of mana.

Don't ask me why, I'm ashamed
Last edited by kovarniypidor on Sep 16, 2020, 8:07:53 PM
-
Last edited by Jinru919 on Apr 21, 2021, 6:29:48 AM
is dead please remove ty
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Currently destroying all content so far (yellow maps on 5-link) with Archmage since it got nerfed down to 60% damage of mana cost but also buffed for 3.15 with higher mana multipliers on other supports. I am now fearing that reducing the mana multiplier on a lot of support gems as stated in "what we are working on" will make Archmage deal substantially less damage.
I hope the team thought about that and increases the damage of Archmage while decreasing mana multipliers on supports, THANKS!!

Play Like Jay
I hope you'll do math again and buff archmage, cause after changing mana multipliers 3.15.0d it gives even less damage than before. Buffing it to 75% of manacost as flat damage wasn't enough to compensate.
I think we all know that the major problem with archmage is the huge mana pools people were reaching to get an insane amount of DPS. But now, it is almost unusable because of the heavy nerf.

Archmage has a good mechanic behind it, you scale both damage and defenses at the same time. So my suggestion to fix all that is to do something simmilar to the Scales of Justice, adding a condition to the gem like: Supported Skills gain Added Lightning Damage equal to X% of Mana Cost, if Mana Cost is not higher than the maximum you could spend and if the difference between Maximum Life and Maximum Mana are within Y (adjusted to the level of the character).

That way, it would prevent people reaching insane amounts of damage at the same time it would force the players to also invest in pure defenses.
For the second league in a row, the highest pob Archmage DPS is a Forbidden Shako attack build...
there were 0 archmage users in the Delve league ladders.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
there were 0 archmage users in the Delve league ladders.

And the reason behind that is pretty obvious. Why would anyone want to add additional mandatory stats to their build's gear just to get a dps handicap without any benefit.

During Harvest† league it was possible to:
1) spend two month grinding 15 hours a day and make a decent archmage build using any chosen skill.
2) spend 3 weeks grinding 10 hours a day and make a wonderful archmage build with a properly synergised skill.

Without Harvest with baseline shitty gear, boring, unrewarding, overly expensive and time consuming crafting it's no longer possible to squeeze out of archmage anything good.
Even on standard, you can use 10 mirrors worth of legacy gear and you get a whole lot of 6M DPS, awesome, right?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info