Vendor buttons should be the same

To help with buttons having the same interaction option for all vendors to help with not pressing the wrong button after you've been trained to know what the button should do. Square sells to MOST vendors, but not all.

(C-Circle) Obsolete in its current function, pressing the touch pad also leaves menus.
(S-Square) Should always sell if selling to the vendor is an option.
(T-Triangle) This is the vendor specific function button.

Einhar:
T-None (View Bestiary/Visit Menagerie) Personally id prefer View with a travel to as a secondary Triangle within that menu. That's killing 2 birds with 1 stone, something Einhar would support :) (aka same as Niko, below)
S-Sell Items

Niko:
T-Subterranean Chart
S-Sell Items

Cassia:
T-None (This should be Anoint, and Sell should be her Square)
S-Anoint Items

Zana:
T-Purchase Items
S-Sell Items

Jun:
T-Unveil Items (This should be Square, its moving items, closer to sales) or maybe Circle
S-Investigation (This should be Triangle, matches Niko map and Temple)

Helena:
T-Select Hideout
S-Sell Items

Alva:
T-View Temple
S-Sell Items

Navali:
T-View Prophecies
S-Trade Divination Cards (Selling Items)
C-(Trade Div Cards) So no one sells their cards to the wrong vendor.

Just my thoughts of what has confused me as a player and where I feel some slight adjustments could be made to simplify life and help with user interaction. Thanks as always for your time in reading this.
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2020, 8:31:39 PM
"
To help with buttons having the same interaction option for all vendors to help with not pressing the wrong button after you've been trained to know what the button should do. Square sells to MOST vendors, but not all.

(C-Circle) Obsolete in its current function, pressing the touch pad also leaves menus.
(S-Square) Should always sell if selling to the vendor is an option.
(T-Triangle) This is the vendor specific function button.

Einhar:
T-None (View Bestiary/Visit Menagerie) Personally id prefer View with a travel to as a secondary Triangle within that menu. That's killing 2 birds with 1 stone, something Einhar would support :) (aka same as Niko, below)
S-Sell Items

Niko:
T-Subterranean Chart
S-Sell Items

Cassia:
T-None (This should be Anoint, and Sell should be her Square)
S-Anoint Items

Zana:
T-Purchase Items
S-Sell Items

Jun:
T-Unveil Items (This should be Square, its moving items, closer to sales) or maybe Circle
S-Investigation (This should be Triangle, matches Niko map and Temple)

Helena:
T-Select Hideout
S-Sell Items

Alva:
T-View Temple
S-Sell Items

Navali:
T-View Prophecies
S-Trade Divination Cards (Selling Items)
C-(Trade Div Cards) So no one sells their cards to the wrong vendor.

Just my thoughts of what has confused me as a player and where I feel some slight adjustments could be made to simplify life and help with user interaction. Thanks as always for your time in reading this.

I could be wrong but I'm sure the button for Alva to kick off a present-day Temple incursion is also square: i.e. both sell and start Incursion are mapped to the same button (with opening the Temple portals taking priority) - she used to be my preferred vendor for selling to until I accidentally started an incursion when I actualy wanted to just sell some items and go to bed.

I would guess that this is simply a case of dev teams in GGG not communicating properly but overall, the lack of consistency of button mapping on consoles is really frustrating. Running the acts with a PoE noobie and by far the most common frustration they have is about the controls (either being inconsistent or just very unintuitive).

I really hope with 4.0 / PoE2 they overhaul the control scheme on consoles.
"
I could be wrong but I'm sure the button for Alva to kick off a present-day Temple incursion is also square: i.e. both sell and start Incursion are mapped to the same button

I think that is accurate, I don't have a temple ready to go currently but I feel like I do remember seeing the same button twice and laughing about it.
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
[PS4] 3.12.3 Patch Notes.
Added the ability to use more NPC keybinds
Adjusted various NPC keybinds to make them more consistent across UIs

Thank you <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info