Here's what I was greeted to tonight

So I'm coming to this platform wondering why console is so toxic to its players. I'm referring specifically to Xbox, as I've never played poe on Playstation.

Firstly, I was running maps and someone made me an offer on a talisman I was selling. It didn't have a price on it and was relatively negotiable. I rejected his first offer (1 chaos) and went to get my laptop to look it up on poe.trade. I was using this as a reference as this talisman seemed pretty good. While I'm typing in the mods, he offers again and asks for price. I'm scouring the website when I see him cancel my trade and type in "either say nfs or give me a price [Removed by Support]". To which he cancels almost immediately after, but leaves it up just long enough for the message to come through.

Secondly, people keep lowballing offers with essences, oils, and fossils that are relatively useless for popular items. No matter how much I keep rejecting the trades, they keep offering, spamming in some instances.

What excuse of a company allows this to happen? I can't even see the in-game names or gamertags of the people doing this, so therefore I can't ignore/block them on the platform. Also, I can't even report someone for the use of "[Removed by Support]" in chat. Luckily I'm not gay but come on GGG. When is this ever going to change? We've been petitioning for changes for almost two years now and seen minimal results on console. And my passion for this game is slowly thinning, as I'd much rather spend time and money on another game, if this stays stagnant.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Aug 24, 2021, 7:17:27 AM
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2020, 1:54:39 PM
Those fossil and essence spams are probably bots. And yeah everyone is toxic, and everyone is a scammer. Tried to buy aug crit mods yesterday and 4 of the five people offering services tried to scam me. Luckily they suck at it so I immediately recognized. Just look in public chat and it’s filled with messages of people trying to get items back from scammers or lists of scammers to avoid.
"

It didn't have a price on it and was relatively negotiable. I rejected his first offer (1 chaos) and went to get my laptop to look it up on poe.trade.

your first mistake was using poe.trade to value your console item, thats a complete waste of time.

"

Secondly, people keep lowballing offers with essences, oils, and fossils that are relatively useless for popular items. No matter how much I keep rejecting the trades, they keep offering, spamming in some instances.

do your items that youre getting "lowballed" on have ask prices?? or are you just expecting people know that you want chaos etc. the majority of people on console are casual players who probs dont know the difference between an exalt and an alt. like if youre having this big a problem with it theres no way you have ask prices on all these items. its not that hard.

and if you cant handle people calling u bad word then play ssf
xbox poe.. where people want e̶x̶a̶l̶t̶s̶ divines for junk items ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯
Zachary, you definitely are misinterpreting what I'm saying. Am I upset being called a "bad word" every now and again...no. Am I upset being called a "bad word", the same bad word, literally every 3-5 minutes...yes.

I have no way to report this guy. I have no way to know who it is. So therefore, I can't do anything about it other than just ignore it, and btw, we are on 6 or so days with this and it hasn't stopped, so I'm sure this guy just gets on to say it.

Also, I'm not using poe.trade to price, but using it to compare. If I know what it's worth on PC, I can price it accordingly, and yes, most of my items have prices on them. However it's cute telling me how to play "my game". That's the real issue here, is telling me to move on to something completely different rather than concluding that this is something GGG needs to change for QoL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info