?? for DEV - DARK DISCOURSE hinder trigger the 10% inc damage taken from TOUCH OF CRUELTY

I have a question that I have not been able to determine with certainty the answer to.

Does the HINDER from the node DARK DISCOURSE trigger the 10% inc damage taken from TOUCH OF CRUELTY?

I play a PURE Damage over time build and do not generally hit.

Previously DEV's have reported that the OCCULTIST Asecndancy Withering Presence does NOT apply a HINDER even though it uses the word HINDER.

Because of this confusion... I again wish to receive confirmation on the HINDER portion of DARK DISCOURSE to learn if it is really a HINDER ... or not enough of a HINDER ... for the purposes of the 10% increase damage taken TRIGGER to activate if I also Skill TOUCH OF CRUELTY.

Thanks

VOC
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2020, 11:21:41 AM
Withering Presence, of course, do not hinder enemies. It has an effect on hindered enemies, but do not proc an Hinder itself.

Now, Touch of Cruelty's keyword is "By you". This means you must directly hinder your enemy, not by using proxies like Totem, Mines or Trap. You may notice how touch of Cruely makes your Chaos Skill hinder enemies in order to let you "easily" do it.
The core idea is that Touch of Cruely will increase damage taken if you Hinder an enemy with Blight, but not if hinderd by a Blight casted by one of your totem.

As for Dark Discourse, your Curses will also apply an Hinder effect on top of the curse effect. This would count as an hinder "by you" (just like a maim by Flesh and Stone's blood stance is counted as a maim "by you"), thus proccing that touch of Cruelty's increased chaos damage.
A beautiful way to improve a Despair curse
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Withering Presence, of course, do not hinder enemies. It has an effect on hindered enemies, but do not proc an Hinder itself.

Now, Touch of Cruelty's keyword is "By you". This means you must directly hinder your enemy, not by using proxies like Totem, Mines or Trap. You may notice how touch of Cruely makes your Chaos Skill hinder enemies in order to let you "easily" do it.
The core idea is that Touch of Cruely will increase damage taken if you Hinder an enemy with Blight, but not if hinderd by a Blight casted by one of your totem.

As for Dark Discourse, your Curses will also apply an Hinder effect on top of the curse effect. This would count as an hinder "by you" (just like a maim by Flesh and Stone's blood stance is counted as a maim "by you"), thus proccing that touch of Cruelty's increased chaos damage.
A beautiful way to improve a Despair curse

Thank you very much for your input - I agree with all your observations.

One more question;

What about PROFANE BLOOM?

Do you think Profane Bloom is a "Chaos Skill" for the purposes of HITTING and triggering the Touch of Cruelty greater (30% vs 15%) hinder?

I know that PROFANE BLOOM can apply on HIT effects because I have curse on hit with it before and I have also poison on hit with it before.

I know PROFANE BLOOM can crit if it gains GLOBAL crit chance such as Assassin Mark provides.

I know PROFANE BLOOM Scales off of both Chaos Damage and Area Damage AND EVEN IN SOME CASES the support effects of the skill which led to the death triggering the PROFANE BLOOM explosion.

I know that PROFANE BLOOM does not (to my knowledge) scale with spell damage.

But... here I wonder... How does it count as a "CHAOS SKILL" for the purposes of Touch of Cruelty... I do not know...

Can you offer any further observation or wisdom on Profane Bloom in this regard?

VOC
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Profane Bloom
Cursed Enemies you or your Minions Kill have a 25% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage
Your Curses can apply to Hexproof Enemies

Profane Bloom's explosions are secondary damages, but trigger any onHit effect nonetheless. They can also (now) be blocked or dodged. It's similiar to detonate dead, minus the part of the fixed damage: explosion is only for a percentage of life of the exploding enemy, and will be of a single effect. Corpses can "explode" multiple times - if you kill with Infernal Blow an enemy cursed under Profane Bloom, it can explode twice: once for Infernal Blow dealing Fire Damage, and another, if triggers, for Profane Bloom for Chaos Damage

"Explosions" are not spells nor attacks - they are secondary damages. This means spell damage and attack damage won't increase them, but generic damage boosts will. In case of Profane Bloom, AoE Damage and Chaos damage will count

That said, "Corpse explosion" is not a skill, therefore cannot deliver the hindering effect of Touch of Cruelty
Hi guys. I'm currently playing Blade Vortex Poison build and using aspect of the spider all the time.
I just bought a large cluster jewel with touch of cruelty on it which says
"Chaos skills have 10% chance to Hinder enemies on hit, with 30% reduced movement speed"
"enemies hindered by you take 10% increased chaos damage"
since blade vortex is not a chaos tagged skill, I guess the first line of roll won't apply to me, but how about aspect of the spider? does it count as "I" hindered enemy?
2nd case, if I hit enemy with let's say viper strike which is a chaos skill, and aspect of the spider instantly overlaps a new hinder right after my viper strike hits and hinder an enemy, I will lose that 10% increased chaos damage effect?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info