Chat Settings / Options

Thank you for allowing us to finally communicate with each other. This has been an interesting experience with many pros and cons.

From someone randomly screaming "SLAMMMM" every 45ish minutes with no other contributions, to scary political discussions that made me leave global in a hurry. It's been a roller coaster with many early uses of the ignore button. I enjoy being able to help newer players by answering their questions when I may have the answer to help people to enjoy this game as I do. So leaving global chat makes me sad, so I've been thinking of ways to better improve that experience.

As an SSF player, it would be nice to have a SSF designated chat. We are constantly seeing 'WTB/WTS' flooding the global chat making taking more challenging. The experience we have within the game is different than the trade experience, getting to see what other people have crafted is part of the fun. Their success drives you to chase yours!!

The other idea I had was to have channels that were accessed by reaching higher tiers of challenges. That way all of the spam accounts that haven't even left the starting town cannot flood chat with their 'www.com sites' Chances are that players with similar levels of challenges completed are within the same stages of the game allowing them to communicate within the player base that can party with them. (If they choose to do so) Ideally this would also motivate people to get more challenges completed. Nothing crazy, but maybe 10,20,30,40. 40 would be really quiet, but if players get there it would be nice for them to be able to say hello. Might help us all to meet people with similar play levels and goals.

As I have also herd people mentioning wanting to have a LFG option in some capacity. I don't have any ideas of how to make that one happen beyond the challenge tiers of chat. Possibly some non-SSF players could indicate what they are hoping for as I don't really know what would work best.

Again thanks for the ability to meet other PoE players, we always saw each other in town bumping into each other as we got into our stash but getting to chat has been a ton of fun.
Thanks for this, thanks for all you do.
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2020, 2:04:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info