Toronto Gateway - preliminary testing and feedback

Hi all,

Currently, 20-30% of the players playing on our Washington D.C. gateway are from Canada. This combined with community feedback has motivated us to look into the viability of opening a gateway in Eastern Canada.

I've set up a small set of servers in Toronto for initial testing. We will be initially looking for general feedback and the quality of peoples' play experience when compared to other gateways.

Please note - if the gateway is full, any excess capacity will be sent to the Washington D.C. gateway.

The gateway is not listed in the gateway selection drop-down. To use the Toronto (CA) gateway, click the gateway select box, type Canada, then click Login.

When you are logged in, you can confirm your instance is on the Toronto (CA) gateway by hitting TAB and checking the area information at the top right corner of the screen.

Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Oct 21, 2020, 12:03:08 AM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2020, 3:07:49 PM
Omfg, awesome! Thank you!
Good news. Gonna try it.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Assuming this isnt available with Steam users?

I cant backspace out gateway to type in Canada.
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Assuming this isnt available with Steam users?

I cant backspace out gateway to type in Canada.

It does work with Steam. The box should still allow text to be entered in the Steam client.
The game never felt this responsive before gj GGG.
Currently getting higher ping to Toronto than Washington. I'm getting 36-45 in Washington, and 55-60 in Toronto.

Geographically, I'm located about an hour west of Toronto so my best ping should be under 20ms.

Edit: My friend in the same town is getting 20 ms
Last edited by Theblaze973 on Jul 6, 2020, 8:25:44 PM
This seems to have fixed the lag problem from the last 4 days for me.

The game was unplayable for the last 4 days and now on the Toronto realm the game never felt this smooth, everything is smooth no more lag at all.

Thanks for that GGG, please keep the toronto realms open.
Last edited by kosseanix on Jul 6, 2020, 9:03:19 PM
Down below are 2 mtrs using the ip of instance servers from Toronto, and the last one mtr is Washington:

wdc.speedtest.pathofexile.com

Got the very same latency on any of both Toronto or Washington. I'm curious because no matter what the mtr says, some instances are flat 166ms and some are flat 183ms. Despite that everything went fine.

Anyways, I'm playing from South America and my main gateway is Sao Paulo. I did this test on purpose just in case it helps.

Spoiler
<(°) budget toucan

Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
I live about 45 minutes away from Toronto and get better latency on the Texas server.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info