Scion Build Request?

Relatively new player. Enjoying the game thus far. Very much looking forward to playing the Scion class, the "Jack of all trades" idea greatly appeals to me. I DO understand, however, that such a wide-spread skillset will not make for a 'viable' build. So I've come up with an idea for a build that I think will be both fun and also touches on the jack of all trades idea for the class. I just don't have the proper experience in building a character to do this idea justice, so here I am. Can someone PLEASE make this happen? I think it would be a fun build to play and also (if done right) viable for all content.

The idea is
A scion that uses a two-handed sword. The idea here is that she works her way through the marauder's strength and life perks on the way towards the sword perks, as well as the dexterity, evasion, and intelligence of the duelist on the other side of the tree.
Chaos damage and minions mean she's able to dip more into the intelligence for the witch's necromancy path as well as picking up some more damage buffs from the poison effects anywhere on the passive tree her leveling will allow her to reach.
Physical damage, poison damage, and minions. Bleeding IF we can fit it in.
For the ascendancy, I'm thinking of spreading the points evenly with any extra points leaning towards the paths of dex and str.

I've done some very minor checking here and think Flicker Strike might work well here, but I'm of course open to the advice of those more well-versed in character-building here. I THINK I'm on to something here, but as I said, I'm nowhere near experienced enough to know if such a build is even possible, let alone viable. Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2020, 12:38:57 PM
scion isn't really a "jack of trades, master of none" type scenario, she's more like a ball of clay that you can mold into whatever you want to tackle the game. you don't want to spread her capabilities out into a bunch of things and have all of them be mediocre, you want to point her towards one or two things. the best way to do this imo is to pick your ascendancies first and then build towards that.

if you're scaling physical damage, poison, and minions, you don't want to go flicker strike. flicker strike has a cooldown if you're not generating frenzy charges somehow.

what is it you want the scion to do? be primarily a summoner? melee?

you can also use path of building to sketch out a build idea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info