Poe Experience, tips and Controls

Been playing this masterpiece for some time on ps4, seen some league starts, bugs and repairs and what not.

EDIT: THIS WAS POSTED MANY MONTHS BEFORE HEIST/PS4 FIASCO. IGNORE IT.

Forum experiance:
Console forum community seems mad and crying too much in my opinion, same topics are created every few days/weeks about blue screens/market b/s etc. and sometimes it feels too much. After reading these topics for a full year, feeding on your tears every day made me emotionless towards your pain, i guarantee you that ggg feels kinda the same. Sticking in few sticky topics about blue screens/connections etc would make this forum more, lets say "professional". I am really proud of you guys that you managed to pull more than two pages on market poll topic(no sarcasm, really proud, this time they heard it)
Ggg should anounce more news about console stuff projects/tweaks more often or what they are working atm ,but i bet they would get too much criticism from you guys anyways so w/h i guess. You been too naughty.

My experiance with lags/connections:
If you get a lot of desyncs its propably your internet conections, like 9/10 times its you or your family member. If its not you then its normal poe experiance. I hate it myself for saying it, but movement skill desyncs are "normal".
When i turned off sound my blue screens reduced to 1-2 per day max(most of the time none), (i think it helped because of heralds and elemental ailments sounds on mobs, idk)
I was very sceptical at first, this idea sounded very stupid but damn, it actually worked. Thanks guys. Turning off sound helped with blue screens!! Crazy, right ggg? Anyways just finished 10acts on hc playing as ssf with sound turned on after a year, so for all those lurkers i think it safe to play with sound again, quite a celebration if you ask me.

Tips for ps4 controls/ui:
Some of these will sound weird but it feels that ggg controls have no consistency, sometimes you lose your flow because of it, if you know what i mean. These are the ones that are bugging me personally.
Disabling tutorial should be market in options menu before you start new character and not toggling it with every new run.
I see no point in migrate all option in charactering picking menu, maybe someone can explain me why should i have this option pressed by accident.
Would be nice to drink pots with l2, wheel idea was good, sometimes its you cant live without it,but most of the time you just want easy utility flask drinking with l2.
No point to have x as skill if you are always activating random stuff with it.
Map tab should be controlled with right analog stick just as crafting menu, too slow to navigate otherwise.
You should only be able to sell items in your 'premium' stash tab that you price. (example: i make essence tab public, i price only one essence and people start to send me offers of different essences that i dont want to even sell.)
You navigate around stash tabs with l2/r2 but once you go to your character menu it become l1/r1. Cluncky.
Then after you go from your stash tab to map device, when you try to pick master by pressing r2(which is right) you actually activate map.(should be picked with r analog as with map mods or crafting table)
If you go to crafting bench, activating craft becomes r1 and not r2 as with map device.
When you talk with jun for some reason square is not sell as with other masters, unveiling items should be by pressing r1 as "activate" not triangle.

Overall it feels that your controls are not new user friendly, no consistency as i said before.l2/r2 or l1/r1 should always and everywhere be left/right, pick it allready which one will it be.I bet diffirent people worked on diffirent npc/menus/etc and everything got mixed up, thats my guess. Market controls are okey when you get hang of it. Ohh and when you finally find that one ring that will rule them all you actually feel good and rewarded :).

Am i the only one who notices these menu navigation problems?

Tdlr: after playing on console i cant go back to pc. Sorry for all those typos, no auto correct nor native speaker. I hope that your 2week training sessions before next league will go smoothly. Stay sane.

"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Oct 12, 2020, 5:02:42 PM
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2020, 4:56:32 PM
"
oldwolfsoul wrote:

My experiance with lags/connections:
If you get a lot of desyncs its propably your internet conections, like 9/10 times its you or your family member. If its not you then its normal poe experiance. I hate it myself for saying it, but movement skill desyncs are "normal".

You are wrong. Almost everyone got good internet.

Pc had dsync once but no longer, Console have dsync now.
I dont remember exactly how it works but its something like, If you live far away from the server then you can reduce delays for the cost of dsyncs.
"

You are wrong. Almost everyone got good internet.

Pc had dsync once but no longer, Console have dsync now.
I dont remember exactly how it works but its something like, If you live far away from the server then you can reduce delays for the cost of dsyncs.

You are not alone pal.I hope that i am wrong too.
After playing poe for some time, some amount of desyncs became usual thing during gaming session, lets even say normal. At this point pc is different from console, they cant implement it to console(i might be wrong but think they tried it on console and it didnt work as intented). At this point you should just... Get used it to it and take it for granted. Pc was at same position as we are atm, somehow they survived. We can too.

Edit: What i wanted to say, its playable.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Jun 5, 2020, 7:32:04 AM
I'm trying to get a friend into PoE and it's very interesting to hear on chat what frustrations he has with the console (PS4) port. It's almost universally the control scheme. Sure, we get a few dsyncs, crashes, etc. but as avid gamers this is not new territory, however the total lack of consistency to the controls is clearly the biggest bugbear for him as a new player (I sometimes forget how bad it is as I've gotten used to it).

I would love it if GGG took the time to rework the console controls from the ground up, PoE is a hugely complex game with many systems: this is part of what I love about it but it is intimidating to new players. Couple that with the totally unnecessary barrier to entry which is the control scheme and you may be alienating players that may otherwise stick around, buy into the economy (MTX) and grow the console market.

There's tonnes of other QoL improvements that could be made to further improve how PoE 'feels' on console (inventory management, environment interaction, etc) but making the control scheme consistent across all content would seem like an obvious place to start and a relatively easy win for their console devs.
It's kinda funny how long it took me to notice changes in jun/map device/alva controls, some problems that i with other users mentioned before were fixed/tweaked in a good way. Thanks guys. You made it better.

Now i wanted to mention some other control problems with atlas. Most of the time it's very frustrating picking watchstones orbs and trying to put them where you want and sometimes you get stuck'd. (moving balls from one region to another region and etc.)

Most of the time when you pick one awakener orb from your inventory and you place into atlas you are stuck'd in region's citadel's meniu thingy. We are always forced to press 'o' to 'cancel' that interaction. We dont want that.
Like lets make item gem socketing interaction for an example. Once we pick gem and socket it into item we are not stuck'd in item interaction 'thingy'. (suggesting that awakener orb socketing interaction should work same way as gem socketing interaction into items. No cancel button needed once we socket orb in the place)

Once we press l3+right to search a map or whatnot(which is good) we go into l3 button command of citadel watchstone interaction (which is bad). We are stuck'd again. We dont want anything to do with it when we are searching for a map so we press 'o' to cancel. And you know what, it doesnt work. This time we have to press l3 to cancel it.
I highly suggest changing r3 command with l3.
By the way if we press l3 while in game we get this level/exp information, but in atlas r3 button shows atlas information. Kinda weird.

Last but not least: watchstone orb navigation in atlas. Once we pick watchstone it would be cool if we could to navigate them as we pressed l3. Only up and down from one regions citadel to another(no right or left, only up and down) Sometimes we are kinda stuck'd not able to go bring watchstones to lower regions or by pressing right we dont go to regions citadel to the right, but we go to another regions top right. (it sounds confusing but i bet everyone had this little problem navigating wqtchstone)

P.s. I have no idea how long you will keep this atlas, so i have no idea if atlas control problems should be even be fixed/tweaked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info