Decay support with energy leech support

Hello,

Decay supported with any hit spell and ES leech incorrectly increase decay dps buff.

Currently the ES leech only affects decay when player has full ES and thus giving a consistent dps increase when player keeps his ES on full.

The second component does not work however. The support does not specifically say that the dps increase only works on supports that can actually leech.

So in general it should either work with both components of es leech support or atleast get a better tooltip.

We should definitely get the decay support in the skill tab which shows its dps.
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2020, 3:38:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to say, but support gems don’t support other support gems, just skill gems. So ENergy shield leech support is not supposed to support Decay support.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Swift affliction, void manipulation and efficacy work on decay dps and thats intended.
"
Fofar wrote:
Swift affliction, void manipulation and efficacy work on decay dps and thats intended.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Decay_Support
Supported Skills inflict Decay on Hit, dealing (120-843) Chaos Damage per second for 8 seconds
--> DoT dps.

Swift.:
Swift Affliction Support is a support gem that increases the damage over time of linked skill gems but reduces their effect duration.
--> So DoT damage boost.

void.:
Void Manipulation is a support gem. It reduces the elemental damage of linked gems, while increasing their chaos damage.
--> So that's the Chaos damage increase of the DoT decay.

Efficacy.:
Efficacy Support is support gem that grants more spell damage, more damage over time, and increased skill effect duration.
--> So again DoT damage boost.

So no bug here since Energy Leech support doesn't change chaos or DoT......
Last edited by HanSoloDK on May 18, 2020, 5:04:11 AM
So you are saying that ES leech correctly supports Decay with "Supported Skills deal (12-24)% more Damage while on Full Energy Shield" --THIS WORKS, i have tested it.

but it should not work with "Supported Skills deal (20-39)% more Damage while Leeching Energy Shield"

This does not make sense, as ES supports "Supports any skill that hits enemies, causing those hits to leech energy shield based on damage dealt."

It does not however say that the more damage applies only to the skills that are hitting the enemy.

So as the ES leech has only 1 tag "support" and Decay works with the first "while on full ES" i wanted a clear answer if its a bug to work that way or that it should not have worked at all or if both should work.
Are you looking at "tooltip" or in PoB ?
No, i literally decayed a mob that regens life about 50 times and since 25% more damage while on full ES is huge its easily noticeable.

POB does not show ES leech more damage or i don't know how to turn it on.
I support this report and hope the devs see this. Because clearly if it's a generic more damage like energy leech then both portions should apply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info