CoC help needed

I put this in the gameplay help section and no luck so far. So because this is about a CoC Cospri Ice Nova Assassin, maybe the Assassin community might know the answers and can help. So here goes....

Okay, this is going to get technical and long, and I likely have something wrong, but I'm trying to figure out why on videos people with this build have a zillion frostbolts going off while I have significantly less.

Let me break down particulars first and hopefully someone can tell me what's going on.

I have a dual-wield Cyclone Cospri Ice Nova Assassin and here's the stats:

WITHOUT flasks
With chilled (Pandemonius + a lot of obvious cold hits)
With consecrated ground (Zealotry + Commandment of Light is pretty reliable for this, also have bottled faith but not counting this)
With Elusive
With 7 power charges
With Frozen Trail Cobalt Jewel (+2 Frostbolts per Frostbolt cast/proc, so 3 total)

Accuracy: 100%
Crit chance on Cyclone: 100%
Cooldown Recovery: 52% (22 ACoC + 12 boots + 18 belt)
Crit chance on spells: 100%
APS: 9.25 (x2)

Body setup: Cyclone + ACoC + Ice Nova + Increased Crit Chance + Conc Effect + Added Cold

Cospri left hand: Ice Nova + Conc Effect + Added Cold

Cospri right hand: Frostbite(cold curse) + Frostbolt(projectiles/nova expansion) + Frost Bomb(cold exposure)

Now I SHOULD be getting 9 Ice Nova's each second from my Body/ACoC setup because Cyclone SHOULD be critting every hit and hitting 9x per second.

And my understanding is that with those 9 hits/crits from Cyclone, both Cospri's are also proccing 9x each. The Right one first, then the Left one, and then the one on the Body setup. And then since there's multiple spells in the right hand Cospri, they rotate through in succession top-to-bottom.

But I'm wondering if there's a dilemma due to the 1.92s cooldown on Frost Bomb and if that's causing issues with that right hand Cospri proccing spells.

So someone tell me if this is correct with what SHOULD be happening EACH SECOND:

Crit #1:
Rt Cospri: Frostbite (curse applied)
Lt Cospri: Ice Nova
Body: Ice Nova

Crit #2:
Rt Cospri: Frostbolt (3 projectiles)

Crit #3:
Rt Cospri: Frost Bomb (begins 1.92s cooldown)

Crit #4:
Rt Cospri: Frostbite (curse re-applied again)

Crit #5:
Rt Cospri: Frostbolt (3 more projectiles)

Crit #6:
Rt Cospri: Nothing? Frost Bomb SKIPPED because still on cooldown? Do we go back to Frostbite here or lose a full proc?

>> This is where I'm not sure if the last 3 procs/triggers are correct because I don't know what happened at the 2nd attempt of Frost Bomb.

Crit #7:
Rt Cospri: Frostbite (curses re-applied again)

Crit #8:
Rt Cospri: Frostbolt (3 more projectiles)

Crit #9:
Rt Cospri: Nothing again since Frost Bomb still on cooldown? Or goes back to top? Lost procs?

Okay, so even in this scenario, I should be seeing no less than 9 Frostbolts each second... correct?

But I'm seeing like 3-6 at most about every second. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like that. I mean there's some, but nothing like is seen on videos like these:

https://youtu.be/cuehdnGunTA

https://youtu.be/YSpyn9pTRaQ

Could it be because the Ice Nova's are "expanding" to some of the Frostbolts and therefore some of the Frostbolts are being replaced by Nova's?

If that's the case, then why does it look like other builds (at least in their YT videos) have like dozens of them just blasting out all around them pretty much continuously?

My POB gem setup looks identical to most of these builds, but I'm not seeing the Frostbolts from my char like I am from theirs.

Now don't get me wrong, my DPS is through the roof. Trash mobs die instantly and most bosses drop quite easily. But I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong and could have even more DPS simply because I'm not seeing the exact same visuals/number of projectiles from Frostbolts.

Also, is Frost Bomb mucking up the proc/trigger timing on the right hand Cospri because of it's cooldown?

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/6bZpsfXG

Thanks for any assistance with this, and sorry for being longwinded.
Last bumped on May 7, 2020, 2:44:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info