[3.10] Chaos Storm Totems Chieftain

Greetings,

Chaos Storm means Firestorm with the good portion of it's damage in chaos flavour. (ᵏᵗʰˣᵇʸᵉ)
The damage with a 6link is tolerable, although don't expect this build to get crazy high into endgame. It's more of a concept to realize.
Next season I perhaps try not to be as casual.
If you're still here after that warm welcome:

Skill gems:

[6] Spell Totem + Firestorm + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Fire Pen + Empower/Iron Will
[4] CWDT(9) + Immortal Call(11) + Inc Dur + Tempest Shield(12)
[4] Despair + Inc AoE + Flame Golem + Faster Casting*
[4] C̶W̶D̶T̶(̶1̶)̶ ̶+̶ ̶W̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶v̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶(̶7̶)̶ ̶+̶ ̶I̶n̶c̶ ̶A̶o̶E̶ ̶+̶ ̶I̶n̶c̶ ̶D̶u̶r̶ (/Anger)
[3] Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify
[3] Flammability + Faster Casting + Inc AoE
[1] Anger

- My gear (for easier visuals):
Spoiler

Choice of gems:

Despair - good synergy with the fact that mechanics of Firestorm make it hit multiple times per single cast thus maximizing bonus chaos dmg to hits against cursed enemies benefit.

*As for usual switch weapons for additional gem leveling.

Gear aka legs selection:

Incandescent Heart - chaos damage.

Shade Of Solaris (/Apep's Rage) - does it even increase spell damage for crits dealt by totems? I think not. Still. Chaos damage.

Tukohama Fortress - additional totem, totem damage and ability to use Shield Charge.

Vixen's Entrapment - lets us use 2 curses on 1 cast and increases curse cast speed. Have in mind to put Despair here, as we want to self-cast Flammability for endurance charge generation from Chieftain.

Hrimnor's Resolve - fire damage and freeze immune after using a fire skill {we have 3 on our skillbar [4 including Anger (which works)]}.

Torchoak Step - to get that super-smooth totem placing.

Doryani's Invitation - unless you can afford high res and life belt with same or even more damage.

Vivinsect - strongly superior version of Essence Worm for Mortal Conviction builds.

Clear Mind - DMG up.

Ngmahu Tiki, Pyre - are some other good options but clearly we can't squeeze them in and get away with capped resistances.

Have in mind that I wanted to use as much uniques as we can, noting that although they're not the optimal options, because of that the build is VERY budget friendly.

Invest more -> get perfect rolls.

The rest is mostly rares with Life and Resistances.

Cluster jewels:
I go with - L: Cremator, Sadist
M: Ancestral Reach, Ancestral Echo
S: Prismatic Carapace

Regular flasks:
Spoiler

Prefered mods on gear:
- Totem damage
- Life
- Resistances
- Fire damage
- Spell damage
- Cast speed
- Area
- Dex (111 for Faster Attacks) and Int (155 for Firestorm)

Skill tree:

Things to prioritize in a tree:
- Totem damage
- Fire damage
- Spell damage
- Cast speed
- Life
- Endurance charges
- Resistances
- Area
- Dex (111 for Faster Attacks) and Int (155 for Firestorm)
- Light radius

Bandits: Kill. Kill. Kill.

Ascendancy:
Are you still even asking at this point?

Here I stream - also this build:
https://www.twitch.tv/dungo4th

Happy huntings, Dungo
Chieftain Master Race
Last edited by Dungo420 on Mar 27, 2021, 10:27:38 PM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2020, 8:27:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info