Build dead dont follow

//EDIT//

BUILD IS DEAD.

Hi all-

First off credit to reddit user ProfessorNox for the initial idea, that set me on this wild journey to put my own twists on a build that I now believe is the most fun/wellrounded/stable/consistent/enjoyable I've played in the last 6-7 leagues.

Big note: I AM A CASUAL. I'm not a pro in any way. I understand game mechanics pretty well now but this is in no way a perfect build.

First off the POB build:

https://pastebin.com/cDY0wf23

V2.0 POB:
https://pastebin.com/ZtcVRQcF

168k per hit
11 power siphon base hits + 2 dying sun + 2 helm enchant = 15 hits
4.08 attacks per second
=10.2mil

This does -not- include any of the following:
a) Power charges (this is hard to calculate, but I guess on average you can take your power charge cap and divide by 2. This is the average damage you are really doing with a given cold snap)

b) Shock - this is a 50% more multiplier. But I feel disingenuous putting this in the POB even though it can absolutely be triggered (for example with a +% chance to shock on rings, or simply with more lightning damage)

c) Replacing a defensive flask for Cinderswallow, which would give 4.43 attack speed + crit, which is about ~10% more damage)

d) Better jewels/a watchers eye that has:
Precision gives 15% AS
Precision gives 50% multi
~12.5% more damage

So this build can go up to 15-20 mil with more investment.

Chase items at this point:
+1 Endurance charge Inya's
Better wand
Watcher's Eye
Crit Cinderswallow

But really, damage is enough as is.

Possible reworks:
Using a jewel to get Inner Conviction, and dropping Voll's for a multitude of other chests:
a) Explodey chest
b) Shavronne's to go LL or CI
c) Defensive chest

Video of a tier 83 metamorph getting molested:
https://youtu.be/go4tJKxmZSk

Syndicate level 83 run:
https://youtu.be/0ZMjlWPTkUU

Eradicator tier 83:
https://youtu.be/-DYLEpU4OGI

Terrace run, no weapon swap
https://youtu.be/cZPrf_VJoOU

The core mechanics used:

a) Cold snap does big BIG damage, with spell damage scaling the dot and not the base. This means:
i) we want a really high level cold snap
ii) we dont super care about spell damage but it helps
iii) we want to cast it as much as possible, by bypassing the cooldown by expending a power charge

Power charge? Yep read that right.
[[Winter's Bounty Cobalt Jewel]] makes coldsnap CD use Power charges.

OK so now we need to think about how we can

a) produce as much power charges as fast possible, constantly forever
For this we use:

i) Inya's epiphany
ii) Voll's protector

b) how to chuck as many cold snaps as humanly possible?
For this we use:

i) Spellslinger
ii) Lots of attack speed (our main buff)
iii) Powersiphon + Barrage

Power siphon + Barrage mechanics:
For -every- single projectile (so keep in mind barrage support and dying sun bring this value up to 11), IF WE HAVE enough power charges, we chuck a cold snap.
That's 11 per attack.
If I attack 4 times in a second, thats 44 cold snaps. You can see how the damage here can be nutty.
An increase from a paltry 30k cold snap to 50k cold snap raw is a 66% dps increase. A 50k cold snap is 2.2 million dps with the numbers I listed above.
50k can be achieved with a 2-3 link.

Auxiliary notes:

a) I went with Voll's devotion because I really like the idea, and I think saboteurs have been using this since time to generate free endurance charges. Enchanted it with +1 end charges so I have 5.

b) My gloves provide everything my powersiphon needs:
i) attack speed (NUMBER 1)
ii) hit accuracy (close NUMBER 2)
iii) faster proj (the faster things hit the more our chest and boots are generating power charges)

The rest is really up to you.
I enjoy the idea of weapon swapping because I feel more involved in doing it so I have 2 setups:

One is poets pen to trigger Arcs which also add power charges and make clearing much more pleasant and fast.

The other is purely a high base crit wand + high spell crit and some damage thrown in.
This build basically benefits from any crit at all (since wand crit translates to Powersiphon, and spell crit translates to cold snap)

So to recap:

BAJILLIONS of damage
6.1k life
5 endurance charges
Fortify via shield charge
Mobile via 25% move speed, shield charge, and flame dash
'Involved' gaming where you can weapon swap for big damage single target (absolutely not necessary, sometimes I forget to swap from poets pen and before I realize my target is dead)
Power siphon gives culling strike which is like a 'baked' in 10% dps increase

For the rich to super rich (again not necessary):
a) +2 duration chest
b) reduce mana res items
c) synthesized ring (these arent even expensive - I went with the herald of fire one with reduced use so that I could have Ice and Fire as well as precision + spell slinger)

Hope you enjoyed reading. Any questions let me know.

//edit//
Meant to post this in the inquisitor forum but I goofed.

Inquisitor is very useful for:
a) ailment immunity
b) consecrated ground creation
c) MOST IMPORTANT: criticals ignore all resists

Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Apr 15, 2020, 8:44:46 AM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2020, 8:44:59 AM
i really like the idea. but the need all this things to execute really well? or i can iniciate in a budget
Any videos?
"
i really like the idea. but the need all this things to execute really well? or i can iniciate in a budget

No it's extremely budget friendly.

Volls 4-5 link is like 15c
Amulet is 10c
Wand is 5c since no one looks for stats that we do (eg local and spell crit)
Most expensive initial thing would be the +2 projectile or faster attack enchant, and doesnt even have to be on starkojna's or anything

As for video, I'm trying to figure out how to record one and will post by end of today.
"
Nikolaz81 wrote:
Any videos?

up now.

if you want something specific lmk I'll record.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
"
Nikolaz81 wrote:
Any videos?

up now.

if you want something specific lmk I'll record.

in the syndicate fight, you swap wepons, use Orb of Storms, what is the Single Targe setup?

For clear u use Poet Pen. is 2 poet's?

im levelling this build right now
I dont even have to swap (its like maybe 1 second faster).
I use orb of storms for even more powercharges.

Regular clear is poet + shield
Swap is high crit wand + shield

All this can be viewed in the pob.

"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

So do u have 2 good Shields?
And Increased Critical Strikes isn't better than Inspiriration on Power Siphon Setup? to do more crits
"
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

So do u have 2 good Shields?

I have a couple of solid shields, but shields are cheap.

see below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/QZ8rpuw

This is all you need to get started and probably all you need ever. Can get the rest of resists from the amulet + belt

Re: Increased crits on power siphon
I used it before but mana cost was too high. Inspiration is an incredible underrated support gem because it can potentially allow you to use an entire extra herald, or a higher level precision for example.

if you can fit increased crits into your build try it out. The best part of this game is experimenting :)

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION: fork or chain are the best best ones to have, but the mana multipliers are huge. The reason why is that chain basically gives your power siphon shots 2 extra targets.
As far as I know, the critical 'roll' is done per click, meaning the second you release a projectile, the roll is done. So if that roll has critical on it, that means the 3 targets it hits will all give power charges as per the Voll's chest. So chain/fork give you much more value since theyre double or tripling your power charge generation.

also side note on heralds: I pretty much was already destroying content with just herald of ice.
Herald of fire came into consideration once I found the synthesized ring I'm using (which I think is 10-15c)
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Apr 10, 2020, 10:48:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info