Xbox Improvements

Hello,

Just a few things that have really been bothering me lately.
Before anyone, including GGG, says it’s my internet, it absolutely is NOT my internet in any way, shape or form. My issues with this great game include Desync, Movement gems and the lack of a community in-game.

1) Desync
As I mentioned above, my internet and connection is out of the question; it is plenty fast enough to handle this game on console and I play much more demanding titles on a daily basis with absolutely NO issues but I digress. Coming back to the game after about a year hiatus left me dumbfounded when I made a new character and immediately was hit with very frequent stuttering and skipping. I actually found it worse in general than in previous major updates. The game runs perfectly fine about 80% of the time while not moving a lot or quickly. I’m using an Xbox One X and have taken EVERY single action to try and improve my experience with the game as I’ve always been a huge fan since way before the magical dream of a console release was thought of. I have cleared space, used SSD, extra HD, hardwired, changed DNS to literally the fastest one available to the public, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, power cycled my Xbox and after all of that and a few other things, though it did help a noticeable amount the game is far from working properly how I play this game. This is a good Segway into number two.

2) Movement Gems
Yes, you guessed it. I’m THAT GUY. Laugh and mock all you want and say “Try something else you moron and you won’t have those issues.”. No. I have preferences just like anyone else in this community and have spent my own fair share of money on this game to better my experiences and to hopefully have that little chunk of change go towards the betterment of good development into the game on the console side. Ok. Ok. I’ll simmer down. But the gist of what I’m going to say if you haven’t figured it out is this; This game has been out since October 2013 around about, and after all the amounts of money you have generated for new content, you STILL have not figured out a way to fix these issues with Mobs and Cursor placement and Movement Gems and movement speed/attack speed. How?
I’m not trying to be a butt... but this is ridiculous man. Leap Slam, Flicker Strike and even Cyclone are all penalized with this mysterious “Internet Issue” Desync problem. At this point I’ve heard so many possible issues that COULD be related to the problem that I honestly don’t even know what to call it anymore. I see all these PC players using the setups I only dream of and I can’t even pull setups off that are even close because of the issues with these mentioned things. Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely adore this game and it’s ingenuity and creativity but the logic behind these issues and how they haven’t been fixed blows my mind after almost SEVEN YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT.

3) Near Non-Existent Community For Console Players
Look this is self explanatory. Not pointing fingers but you guys really don’t seem to even care in the slightest about your fan base outside of the almighty PC master race. I know you guys have mentioned before that your focus will always be PC, but why get our hopes up for such an amazing game with infinite potential just to leave us in the dust like Blizzard did to their community when Diablo 3 came out. No, it’s not THAT bad but at least they have an active Multiplayer system. You guys haven’t added Races like you said would back in 2018, a multiplayer board similar to the infamous trading and event boards and I very rarely see you guys even respond to any console based feedback unless it’s to promote your “Special (Insert Number)% Off Sale!”. There’s no reason you should have to join a Club on Xbox to forcibly look for fellow players outside of your personal friends list when you can run a SIX person group. There is no denying you guys have done an outstanding job forging this game into what you want it to be but you guys could really learn a lot and accomplish even more than you have if you would take more time to understand the console players. Don’t make this game all about the money and turn into Ubisoft or Activision.

I know I’ll get major backlash from the snowflakes of the internet but I really don’t care. I haven’t posted on this site in years and for good reason. Sorry if my fluidity of words isn’t the best in my typing. I get a bit sidetracked mid-keystroke at times as my mind wanders. Anyways, I’m done now. Feel free to agree or disagree, I won’t be responding. Keep it real GGG and my fellow humans of the internet. I regret nothing.
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2020, 12:19:16 AM
Unfortunately, all of the points you mentioned have been pain points with console for many leagues now.

As far as movement skills, they all get aids af if you have too high attack/cast speed. In my opinion, flame dash is the only decent movement skill on Xbox. All the others desync was too much at end game.

And yes obviously lack of community of management, even despite there having been a thread about GGG improving this awhile ago...

I think the community just needs to come to terms that this is a more than likely just a money grab. Either that or they’re spending a lot of resources and dev on Poe 2.0. But we’ll see if console is still complete shit when that releases.
As per the community outside of your friends list, many use discord. You can find a decent group there until better accommodations come about.

If they come about, rather.
No, this is not the account I play on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info