[3.9] Oni-Goroshi-Cyclone-Slayer/Juggernaut needs advice

Hello everyone.

After one of my Scions had sucessfully farmed the Oni-Goroshi sword, I decided that she may keep it and enjoy it. Since I couldn't find a guide for a Oni-Goroshi-cyclone-Scion, I tried to make up something myself.

Unfortunately, I still feel like a newbie in this game. That's why I'm asking for your help.

I was quite afraid of the degenerative effects of Her Embrace. That's why I decided to get as much life regeration and endurance charges as possible. So I chose the "Juggernaut" ascendancy. Don't know if that was a wise choice, because I have no need for some things it provides me with: "cannot be chilled" (I get that from Her Embrace) and "cannot be stunned" (something I already get from Cyclone).
Do you have suggestions for something better?

My skill links are: Cyclone - Infused Channeling - Fortify - Pulverise - Melee Physical Damage.
What would be the best support gem for the 6th link? "Added Fire Damage" to ignite enemies more reliably and thus receive more often Her Embrace? "More Elemental Damage with Attacks" to boost the fire damage I get from Herald of Ash and Her Embrace? "More Damage while on full life" to boost my physical damage?

The auras I use are: Herald of Ash, Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone.
At the moment, I also use Aspect of the Crab provided by the unique Craiceann's Carapace. I just gave it to my Scion because the amount of life and armour were looking appealing to me.

One basic thing I don't fully understand is how ignite works. Every critical hit + fire damage = enemy ignited?

I get 178 % life from the skill tree. It doesn't seem to be enough. I just died two times on Tier 12 maps. On the other hand, I'm not sure if the damage output is sufficient. More damage -> more leech - > more surivivability?
I would really appreciate if someone could have a look at my skill tree and tell me how to improve it.

If you want to have a look at my character - here she is: StellaLaBella

Skill-tree, items and skill-gems as a pastebin

Thank you very much!
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2020, 5:05:40 PM
Maybe someone could move this thread to the Gameplay/Help-section of this forum, please?
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Herald of Purity should be better. Since extra fire dmg is based on phys dmg. Also aks Yourself if this is phys build or fire? Thats also define what extra support You will choose for 6L. Jugg is very tanky but has problem with dmg so think about how to boost that. Dunno if this is helpful.

For degen - farm 2 OGs and when You get Her Embrace and degen hits just press x and swap weapons. Boths on same setup so no matter what Youll do Youll safe ;) Life leech is also useful.
Last edited by de99ial on Mar 11, 2020, 5:06:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info