Old player's first post.

I never post on forums. I'm most likely wasting my time with this post, but I'm doing so because POE *could* be a truly great game. I've been playing on Xbox for years. I love the amount of content, the crafting (even though it's horribly tedious; that merely makes the reward greater when you get all the right stats and finally manage to link 6 sockets. It adds to the sentimental value). The concept of the game and the fresh challenges provided in each new league keep me coming back. It far outstrips Diablo, and I appreciate the work that the GGG team puts into it. However, what motivated me to make this post is my frustration at what you (GGG) know to be the chief complaint and yet seem unwilling to do anything about: connection issues. The game is so much fun WHEN IT WORKS. Way too often, it doesn't. The number of deaths I've experienced from lag vs. legitimate deaths from being overmatched or from having a poor strategy are at best 20:1. I can't imagine how many hours I've spent re-earning experience for deaths that shouldn't have happened. It's infuriating at late stages to upgrade maps, add scarabs and enter the portal only to discover all that investment is wasted and the area is unplayable due to lag.
I'm not making childish threats about quitting; I'll keep playing. But I will not spend any more actual money on stash upgrades unless you deliver a product that works the way it's supposed to. I'd be glad to spend money if you meet that condition. I would be perfectly happy to get only 3 leagues per year, if you allot more of your budget to hardware and improve your connections. Hell, even make POE 2 premium. I'd buy it if you finally, after years, listen to your users and improve this problem.
Last bumped on Jan 31, 2020, 10:09:32 AM
they dont give a shit

never have

never will

they make enough money to be able to completely ignore console

they capitalize on the lowest common denominator, the speed clearing streamers and hc crowd on PC

console is just extra money in the bank to them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info