Xbox Trade Board Fix?

GGG, do you care to offer some insight as to why there has been absolutely zero progress made on enhancing the trade boards search functionality for Xbox or PS4 in years?

You clearly have enough resources on your various dev teams to chew through brand new content and micro transactions, yet nothing is occurring to one of the integral parts of the game, buying and selling items.

Have you just completely forgotten about your constantly growing backlog of user requests to make the user experience of searching the trade board on console at least remotely similar to what is available for the PC community?

I am genuinely interested in what GGGs strategy is around not improving the user experience in trading for other platforms.
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2020, 9:08:11 AM
They do not want trade to be easy. It's meant to be complicated on purpose. It's not that they are ignoring your requests for a better trade experience, it's just that they made their stance on it pretty well known some time ago.
Hey there Chromatic Mind, thanks for your response. However; I have to disagree with you on a few points.

First, if the intention is to have the trading experience be super hard and cumbersome, then why does the PC community still have the amazing luxury of a trade system that at least remotely resembles something decent?

Second, in the actual developer manifesto and subsequently the trade manifesto, Chris even stated that the trade market is an "experiment", see below for more details. I'm not going to explain the purpose of an experiment, but when you can find no less then 5-10 posts daily about the trade board and it's completely garbage and lacking functionality, in multiple locations, the "experiment" is clearly giving you negative results and enhancements should be prioritized for dev teams and tackled accordingly. Besides the fact that the experiment clearly does not produce the "easy to buy items" benefit, at the cost of being "hard to find/search" items.

Ultimately, I understand GGG's stance conceptually, but the entire manifesto is a bit tongue in cheek, as they already have considerably better, improved quality of life trading systems available for PC. All that the console community is asking for, and has been for years, is something even remotely similar to what is provided on PC. Something with more specific item stat search functionality, limited return search results for what your searching for and not everything under the sun.

GGG Trade Manifesto (Trade Market Sub Section)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870/page/1

"The Trade Market

The version of Path of Exile published by Tencent in Mainland China uses the "Trade Market" rather than a system of exposing items via public stash tabs and forum posts for searching on web pages. This system is also in use on the Xbox One version of Path of Exile - as you can imagine, web page searches and textual trade conversations aren't well suited to the controller input of a console.

On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for. You can search broadly by a specific item class or type, but have to look through a lot of search results to find the one you want to make an offer on. This system intentionally makes the search process harder and the trade process easier, for quite a different trade experience. We're not planning to bring it to the international PC version of Path of Exile."
Last edited by CS Precise on Jan 18, 2020, 8:15:06 AM
"
CS Precise wrote:
Hey there Chromatic Mind, thanks for your response. However; I have to disagree with you on a few points.

It's not me your disagreeing with. I didn't say anything that wasn't already more eloquently explained in that trade manifesto.
Apologies, maybe there was a miscommunication.

In my previous reply the core issue is that the trade market was supposed to be a test, experiment, whatever you want to call it, and while yes I agree there was an overabundance of eloquent verbiage in the manifesto, the vast majority of what has been stated is either nonsensical or completely not based on any valid facts. It ultimately amounted to no useful trade information about improvements or concrete logical reasoning for why improvements aren't being made, purely excuses that make zero sense, which once again is made clear in the responses to the manifesto itself.

Besides the fact that I will harp on this again, that the PC community still has considerably better trade systems, which just the fact that they still do, goes completely against the overwhelming majority of points made in the manifesto and GGG's reasoning for still delivering a subpar trading system on consoles.
Last edited by CS Precise on Jan 18, 2020, 8:50:45 AM
I don't disagree, the 3rd party search options are tremendous. Getting the person who has the thing you want to trade it to you is a whole other story lol.
Im sure your aware but I'll ask anyway.
You know that you can narrow your searches down using "" and key words, yes? Though you still have to page through a bunch of crap but the stuff in your keyword search will be lit up.
Yes I am aware. I have been with PoE since the beginning in beta on PC, so I a quite familiar with both trade systems between PC and console. However; the fuzzy/string search functionality on console your referring to, while yes it's better then nothing, it is still a chore to find anything in a decent amount of time. You can easily spend hours searching for specific items. One simple change would to be to just return results that you searched for, instead of offering up the infuriating endless pages of results to scan through to find highlighted items. I honestly can't believe this type of feature was even remotely agreed on when in development. How could any logical developer not ask himself what he is doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info