[3.9] Durimon's Astral Projector Dark Pact Totem Scion, 3 ex for All, Fast Mapping, Melting Bosses

Sleepy playing Necro?

Tired of pressing detonating button playing mines?

Are you poor?

Here's the cheapest 'meta-boss melting' endgame build Durimon presents.

Actually I did not intend to make this build but after I uploaded astral shockwave totem scion build, a lot of people complained in my youtube comment saying that the budget is too high. So, I decided to make real cheap one for those who do not have enough currencies.

To cut down the budget, I used self-flagellation + soul mantle mechanics covering 85% reduced effect of curses.

This build melts awaken 8, t16 meta-bosses and does really fast mapping.

The best part of this totem build is that you don't need to lay totems right below enemies. Astral projector ring makes dark pact (spell nova) attack all enemies in totem attack range.

All you have to do is just lay totems 'anywhere' near enemies and concentrate on dodging, which means less chance to be killed.

All these for only 3 ex

Video

Awaken 8, T16 map full run, melting meta-bosses, Conqueror, 'not-moving at all' blight quest:

https://youtu.be/Dkrk9ILouEY?t=151

(Sorry about non-Eng.)

POB: https://pastebin.com/Cv1FvSDR

Budget: Less than 3 ex

Pro

Spoiler
1. CHEAP! but FAST mapping and Melting Meta-Bosses
2. Easy to survive since all you need to do is laying totems anywhere and dodge
3. Easy keys while mapping : all flask + totem key, done.

Con

Spoiler
1. NO 'No Rengen maps'
2. Popculines (retreat!!!)
3. Need to summon totems to have enough no. of curses on you before meta-bosses

Mechanics

Spoiler
1. dark pact damage in totem -> 6% of totem life -> you get as much life as possible for totem
2. self-flagellation + soul mantle -> 20% increased damage per 1 curse on char.
3. Guardian ascendancy + kikazaru + passive node = 85% curse effect reduced
4. Occulist ascendancy = 2 curses on enemies = dps boost for bosses

Current Gear

Spoiler

1. make sure you have enough elemental resis. and chaos resis.
2. the hight cast speed and chaos dmg on apep's, the better dps you have.
3. remember that the higher totem life is, the better dps you have.
4. To cut down the budget, you can switch cinderswallow to quarts flask with % increased critical chance crafted. you need the flask only for crit, onslaught and phase.

Passive

Spoiler

Ascendancy

Spoiler

Bandit

Spoiler
Alira

Pantheon

Spoiler
Lunaris (open all) - Abberath (open all)

Way to melt Meta-Bosses

1. choose organs you want.
2. close the organ window and summon totems to have many curses on you and lay some storm brand (2 curses)
3. reopen the organ and summon meta-boss
4. as you see the boss gets activated, you summon all totems, drink all flask, press vaal righteous fire, vaal haste, focus. And, you dodge somewhere to wither the boss for short.
5. if totems die, you summon them as you dodge (only the case when the boss does not get melted due to weird mods on organs.)

Upgrade Path

1. Like I said, this build is for low budget. There are many different ways to have expensive setting, but you will need to change most of items.

Durimon Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRtM1TEmxxyOJe968F5xtg?view_as=subscriber

Durimon Twitch : https://twitch.tv/durimon

Last edited by bluewelkin on Jan 13, 2020, 10:34:56 PM
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2020, 12:10:00 AM
Nice option, currently started this build. How you level up? I plan to level up with Arc totem, but my question is, do you start with nodes near Scion (with jewels to improve nodes), then do 1st lab and then just start from Templar? Or I need some respecs later? I'm not afraid about my life ofc, but rather damage in low levels...

Also, I don't see Self Flagellation in your PoB - so where I should put it (if any)?

"
deeveejay wrote:
Nice option, currently started this build. How you level up? I plan to level up with Arc totem, but my question is, do you start with nodes near Scion (with jewels to improve nodes), then do 1st lab and then just start from Templar? Or I need some respecs later? I'm not afraid about my life ofc, but rather damage in low levels...

Also, I don't see Self Flagellation in your PoB - so where I should put it (if any)?

1. Best and fast lvl skill in this league is Ball Lightning Mine. It's not good to lvl up with totem since it has less dps, taking too much time clearing and lvling up to the point where you switch to DP totem.

Lvl up with ball lightning mine until lvl. 71 (I usually lvl up at foothill after clearing acts) and then get guardian ascendancy, reduced curse effect passive node, and then switch to DP totem setting at once. Just remember that the later you switch with all nodes taken, the better it functions.

2. Self-flagellation goes into anywhere except for all the core unique jewel places. It doesn't matter where for this jewel.

Thanks.
Last edited by bluewelkin on Jan 16, 2020, 11:03:51 PM
Thanks, never leveled with Ball Lightning, will try it :)
One last question: can you explain why we use Skitterbots in this build? What exactly they do, because we dont use mines or traps...?
"
deeveejay wrote:
One last question: can you explain why we use Skitterbots in this build? What exactly they do, because we dont use mines or traps...?

Like in any build using them.
You are mainly using the shock (and sometimes chill) they do to get a more multiplier.
Ok thanks :)
I play Hardcore. I’m interested in trying this build out.
"
thyraa wrote:
I play Hardcore. I’m interested in trying this build out.

Be advised it's pretty squish.
Totems are far, FAR better, on Hierophants. Saving 3 points (or a shield, whatever suits your budget) to lose about 20% damage isn't recommended.

Scions are dead for anything & everything; any other class usually WILL beat 'em out (as of 3.8.0!)
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jan 24, 2020, 2:23:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info