Increased weapon damage vs attack damage

I was thinking about creating a melee based Ranger and looking at the passive skill tree I saw that I had the option to choose between dual-wield and one-handed and shield. The subsequent passives were similar but I noticed the wording was different. Mainly for dual-wield the passive offered increased weapon damage while the one-handed and shield offered increased attack damage. Is there a difference between the two?
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2019, 6:18:02 PM
Attack damage is distinguished from spell damage (and also from DoTs and secondary damage.) This is the broader category of the two.

Weapon damage is referring specifically to the damage provided by the weapon in the attack damage calculation.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Nov 24, 2019, 7:43:05 AM
Except if you go for the unarmed road, those 2 mods will provide the exact same result.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Nov 24, 2019, 6:00:16 PM
Attack damage also scales Spectral Shield Throw, which would be a viable option for Rangers.
Weapon damage does nothing for that skill.
Attack Damage and Weapon Damage are mostly the same thing, but Weapon Damage doesn't apply to attacks that don't use a weapon - such as skills that hit with a shield, or unarmed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info