Good skills to abuse increased Skill effect duration with

So I started off a new Scion recently and was thinking of building around a skill that benefits well from lots of increased skill effect duration because the Scion has easy access to the only such increases in the skill tree.

So my question is: What skills can abuse a high skill effect duration well? (there are a lot of skills with durations, most of them are more limited by something else, I want to know ones whose effectiveness is mostly gated by the duration)
Last edited by Frightning_Lightning on Nov 11, 2019, 8:04:40 PM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2019, 7:34:52 AM
Blade Vortex and Viper Strike are the big ones, since each blade of BV has its own duration, and VS scales Poison duration by Skill Effect Duration. Puncture does as well, but Bleeding damage still isn't in a great place, and since you'd need to take Crimson Dance to make the increased duration worthwhile, you might as well be a Duelist if you're going that route.
Viper Strike (poison) is not affected by increased skill effect duration but only poison duration (poison is an ailment).

Fire Storm is a good example of such skill.
i.e. Scorching Ray CwC FireStorm build

* You can also profit from many defensive / offensive skill utilities (curses, phase run, Guard skills etc) while using increased skill effect duration (not buffs such as endurance charges though).
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 12, 2019, 6:36:47 AM
Spark / Vaal Spark build. You can get some pretty disgusting clear speed on those with enough Pierce and Duration effects.
"
Spark / Vaal Spark build. You can get some pretty disgusting clear speed on those with enough Pierce and Duration effects.

Unleash + Spark is bae!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Rakiii wrote:
Viper Strike (poison) is not affected by increased skill effect duration but only poison duration (poison is an ailment).
This is true of Poison in general, but Viper Strike specifically overrides the base duration of Poison with its own duration, and so modifiers to Skill Effect Duration are effective. The skill's description itself states it inflicts Poison "which will be affected by modifiers to skill duration".
"
ekaye wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:
This is true of Poison in general, but Viper Strike specifically overrides the base duration of Poison with its own duration, and so modifiers to Skill Effect Duration are effective. The skill's description itself states it inflicts Poison "which will be affected by modifiers to skill duration".

Ok thx for info, good to know:)
I have recently tried fitting Blight, Soulrend, and Essence Drain into a single fully self-cast build (with Bane to apply curses, but its damage is negligible), but I could not make it work with Indigon (getting enough cast speed and duration to have all DoTs active almost 100% of the time is possible, but it was not possible to sustain the mana costs with a 4000% increase, not even as Hierophant).

If you do not limit yourself to Indigon, this can work, though you might as well go for Trickster or Occultist at that point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info