Deal no Elemental Damage question

"Deal no Elemental Damage" With this on the Cold Iron EZo daggers, is it possible to still trigger ailments like "IGNITE" ?or its not possible

thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2019, 5:34:54 PM
It's not possible to ignite, or cause other ailments that depend on the elemental damage you deal.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
To be exact, you also cannot ignite if your ignite is not based on elemental damage, e.g. with Zerphi's Heart.
"
viperesque wrote:
It's not possible to ignite, or cause other ailments that depend on the elemental damage you deal.

That is almost always true, with the exception of specific uniques that allow to cause ailments from non-elemental sources, like Starforge that allows to shock with physical damage, or Soul Taker that allows physical damage to chill.

I don't remember any unique that allows ignite to be caused by physical damage though.
"
Aalzien wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

That is almost always true, with the exception of specific uniques that allow to cause ailments from non-elemental sources, like Starforge that allows to shock with physical damage, or Soul Taker that allows physical damage to chill.

I don't remember any unique that allows ignite to be caused by physical damage though.
Even if you can cause the ailment from non-elemental damage, Ignite itself deals elemental damage, and that damage will thus be 0. Since zero-damage Ignites are not applied, you cannot ignite at all.

This is not the same for the chill or shock case because those ailments aren't dealing elemental damage themselves, so if you find a way to cause them without dealing elemental damage, they can still occur.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info