[3.10] Landapandas Block Vigilante! | Monsters Kill Themselves | All Content League Starter

3.10 UPDATES: Haven't tried everything in the game yet but I have some new ideas and clusters only make us stronger! Tree is updated for level 84 Duelist. Feel free to add/change things!

Changes:
-Ignoring the shield nodes at bottom of tree, we gain so many points and lose very little damage. We can regain block chance from cluster jewels, but honestly are still capped with ascendancy. Unwavering stance instead of Iron reflexes so we don't accidentally evade. ALSO Aggressive bastion OP.

-In our belt we should try looking for cooldown recovery as someone pointed out! Would be a great addition.

-Both the anvil amulet and belly of the beast might be unnecessary. Explody chests are a thing now, so a rare with high life might be much better! There other options for amulet in rares too. Unsure atm.

-We going bleed in the ascendancy instead! Bleed/maim ups our damage quite a bit.

-We have enough mana for a banner if we can find a place for the gems! Reducing accuracy doesn't matter due to unwavering stance so either banner works. Whatever is more damage.

Hello X-Isle. Have you ever wanted to be a vigilante? Like. Still definitely a monster killer. BUT, what if you could give them a choice to turn themselves around and walk away?

Meet, The Block Vigilante. You give monsters and bosses the choice to walk away and pretend none of this ever happened... Or they could hit you. Funny enough, they never choose option one.

So. They hit you... Then what? Well, they GET SMACKED IN THE FACE WITH RECKONING AND RIPOSTE HELL YEAH BLOCK VIGILANTE.

Lets get into Pros and Cons

Pros:
- Gosh darn tanky
- 82% Block
- YOU CAN KILL SHAPER WITHOUT HITTING HIM ONCE (See youtube video)
- Great at blight (You sit at the choke point and become a tower)
- You can alt tab during delve encounters
- You can text during delve encounters
- You can open up the passive tree to level ANYTIME (Even during boss fights)
- You can afk and grab the pizza pop you put in the microwave during the last fight
- Clears all content
- Satisfying watching monsters insta-kill themselves when they hit you
- Unarmed with a shield, so basically Braum from League of Legends

Cons:
- Gosh darn
- Not a fast clear speed. I use cyclone to help but cannot beat other builds for sure
- Cannot run physical reflect (They hit you. You and the creature both insta die. It's hilarious)
- Reduced block is uncomfortable (You can run Rumi's to make it better)
- Monsters that don't hit you die slower.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that didn't interest you enough, maybe the VIDEO OF ME KILLING SHAPER AND GUARDIANS WITHOUT HITTING THEM ONCE WILL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_UM4E9kQ2g

Let's get into the actual build.

Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/WBdvyQR7

Remember the damage is doubled for riposte/reckoning, PoB doesn't count the doubling!
Also has different item set showing a starter 4 item core set.

Order of importance: Resolute Technique, Aggressive Bastion, LIFE NODES.

As soon as you reach second ascendancy, you NEED Iron Reflexes or Unwavering Stance!.

Bandits = Kill All
Pantheon = Specific to each difficult encounter/what you feel you need.

Ascendancy:

Painforged -> Versatile Combat (Build comes online) -> Violent Retaliation -> Outmatch and Outlast (unarmed still gets frenzy charges)

My Items

I run the build unarmed, and so my version DEFINITELY requires facebreakers. I am looking forward to anybody figuring out a way to do this armed while still having the damage scaling on reckoning and riposte!

Golly gee. A free level freaking 30 Reckoning. Yes please. It will give us higher damage 3 linking our shield than 4 linking a reckoning. Also recovering 250 HP on block is insane for this build's survivability.

This, on top of ascendancy helps us reach max block of 82%. The mana and health on block is also integral to mana sustain and YET more survivability.

People might be afraid and think that the 40% extra phys kills us. Well, according to PoB you still have insane phys reduction post reduction as well as blocking 82% of all hits coming at you. Easy. (Bleed hurts get a staunching flask)

Tankiness. Pure and simple get the health from this. Helps with our annointed passive later.

This is an item. I uh. Yeah. Give attributes which we need for int. It has rollable mods like physical damage reduction and physical damage. Can't complain. It's beautiful.

The rest of my items are just life and resists. Although Lion's Roar Flask could be a good addition!

Budget options:

Shield: Since "The Surrender", is hella expensive, as a league start you just use any unique shield. Once you reach level 54, Daresso's Courage is a good option. If you need more tank stats in maps, switch to Lioneye's Remorse.

Armor: Don't 6 link it for cheaper version! Otherwise, cheap 5 link rares are an option (What I used until belly)

Other options: The Warden's Brand Rings MASSIVELY increase damage but give no tank stats or resists. If you aren't using belly, you can get resists from armor instead to try this out. You don't need attack speed to block and BLOW UP EVERYTHING.

Skill Gems

Cyclone Setup: Cyclone-Brutality-Melee Physical Damage-Fortify (Tankiness)

Riposte Setup: Riposte-Melee Physical Damage-Brutality-Ruthless-Impale Support-Melee Splash Support (Switch to Maim Support for bosses)

Reckoning Setup: Reckoning-Brutality-Concentrated Effect-Melee Physical Damage

Auras/Curses:
Tempest Shield-Curse on Hit-Vulnerability
Pride Aura
Herald of Purity

Movement:
Dash
Shield Charge

Miscellaneous:
Vaal Ancestral Warchief
War or Dread Banner
Rallying/Abyssal Cry (Untested but seems amazing as it would make them hit you not your herald minions)

That's mostly it! Pop tempest shield and jump right in and get 82% block chance instantly.

Come check me out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/landapandas, and click that follow button!

Thanks and I will try to answer questions in a timely fashion!
Last edited by PeachFlavorPanda on Jun 7, 2020, 7:40:17 PM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2020, 10:58:12 PM
bump
Is there a cheaper alternative to your gear
"
Piemonster78 wrote:
Is there a cheaper alternative to your gear

Yes! It should be at the bottom of the items spoiler!
So I jumped into this build wanting to do something more different than I have done previously. I am having a bit of fun with it; however, I am having a hard time with my Purity Minions absorbing my hits and not allowing me to get my damage off. I have adopted Abyssal Cry to help with this matter, but I was just curious if you have any other ways to get it so that I can actually clear mobs. My clear has progressively gotten worse despite my dps being great when I have their attention.
I ran some red tier blight maps with Panda while he was playing this build. I had the left, he had the right.

I ran around like a madman with my spectres. The left was a chaotic mess.

He stood still and ate a peach while a long line of mobs stood in line to die. The right was neat and orderly.

A++.
"
xxxCel wrote:
So I jumped into this build wanting to do something more different than I have done previously. I am having a bit of fun with it; however, I am having a hard time with my Purity Minions absorbing my hits and not allowing me to get my damage off. I have adopted Abyssal Cry to help with this matter, but I was just curious if you have any other ways to get it so that I can actually clear mobs. My clear has progressively gotten worse despite my dps being great when I have their attention.

well im doing well. just try to run in front of the purity mobs
I've been running Angry's build which is built around crit giving up on some defences, so I started this one and must stay leveling process at least is more stable.

For guide I have a few notes to add:

1) For leveling before you have enough block it is very handy to have Life on Hit gem attached to Cyclone. Helps a lot on big packs with tricky rare mobs. Tbh I'd even look into an option to keep it using later cause safer for new players.

2) For a problem with "taunt" by herald sentinels jewels socketed in the tree can help. These jewels are not super expensive and you have plenty of places where to put them. Get two and you can have 16% chance to taunt enemies which is enough with amount of hits you make.

What I do not understand - is what so special about Iron Reflexes node? What's the benefit as according to POB it is just ~1k armor and 1% phys reduction?
Is this build hardcore viable?
"
iSoldier wrote:
what so special about Iron Reflexes node? What's the benefit as according to POB it is just ~1k armor and 1% phys reduction?

As far as I can see Evasion craps your block chance cause evaded hit = not blocked hit, so you need to get rid of it.

Leveled up this build to 70 lvl, completing t8 maps now. Got my own questions:

- Looks like one 8% taunt jewel is not enough to overcome my sentinels. gonna add another one when extra slot will be available. But on video author didn't suffer from this at all, am i doing something wrong?

- Also, is there consistent way to deal with DoT? Dying a lot from some things that I've didn't even noticed on other builds.

- Is Cooldown Recovery Speed is good for this build? It allows us to trigger counterattacks more often, so more dps, isn't it? 12% CDR crafted on belt equals 12% more damage?

- It's not clear from wiki, but can you block when you are stunned? for example, you missed hit that stuns you, will it disable this build completely? Is Unwavering Stance/Brine King pantheon required?

- Is it hard cap on block chance? Like for resistance, when default is 75% and you can extend it up to 90%, but any max res over 90 will be lost?

- Have anyone tested banners/B&S with this build? It have a lot of unreserved mana that not used at all.

- Is MS/VMS is usable here? With that much armor it seems like yes, for not taking gambles on huge shots.

- Is Chance to Bleed on Cyclone and Bloodlust on Riposte/Reconing is good idea? Gives a huge damage increase, also bleeds is good too.

- Where to place Culling strike, on Cyclone or on Tempest Shield?

- Any ideas about anointments?
Last edited by lorrey on Feb 11, 2020, 3:29:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info