[3.9] Occultist - Low-Life }}} Bane + Essence Drain{{{ Boss Killer

Introduction
Spoiler

Hi. I've been playing this build since Monolith, and even after the nerf it's still a strong boss killer, as long as you know the fight mecanics.
I am aware that there is another build that uses bow and quiver instead of wand + shield. Its all about what people like to play :D The required items for this build are available in the first days of the league, min maxing, empowers, they will come later :P
Guide is still under construction, first time i write anything on forums. You can check out my twitch, usually i do uber elder, trying to get out of the misery :D

Videos
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/LTGyY-RPBaM - Uber Elder kill - There's a short clip of the fight, Shaper Slam showoff, Fight difficulty : Don't hurt me :P
https://youtu.be/ONWrat406Cc - Depth 440 - See Delve Skill tree and Delve Item section in gear. You do not become GodLike, but most of the damage that would kill you, heals you instead. You will still get hit like a truck but at least some hits heal :D

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Can do any map mods (Mana flask for 'No Regen')
Good map clear speed - Limited by flame dash recovery, mob packs explode in 1 click
Really easy boss fights - Able to kite all damage while they 'slowly' melt.
League starter - items are easy to get

Lacks Dex/Str from tree - Read Gear Description
Level hungry - The higher level you are, the more ES pool.

Skill Tree - Bandits - Kill All Added Delve Tree
Spoiler

Ascendancy Nodes : Profane Bloom > Malediction > Void Beacon > Withering pressence
49 Points - HP / Damage nodes

79 Points - Low Life / Shavronne on + 2 jewel sockets for Energy from Within's

113 Points - Level 90 - Watcher eye slot - Can run Discipline , Clarity , Malevolence , Zealotry. From here on, grab ES nodes, or spell damage, as you wish. At 95 i had Insightfulness, or grab +3 extra jewel [212%ES +6-12% depending on your Withins rolls.]

Delve Tree - If you see me fooling around on stream and wonder wth is with my items, i made a variation of the build which takes advantage of Aegis ES Heal. For that you'll need LOTS of armor if you have a better ideea go for it. By doing this, you lose like two thirds of your damage, went from 300k in game tooltip to 120k. But you're able to take more hits and not die. At 430 depth right now, going dawn. Also, related to ingame bane dot, i was able to kill Uber Elder with 80-100k, or even less :D
There you go the tree:

For poor ppl that can't annoint amu with Whispers of doom, trade arcane swiftness for it , sorry
Level 95 Tree

Pantheon
Spoiler

Soul of Arakaali - Queen of the Great Tangle as priority
Soul of Shakari - Upgraded for poison immune

Gem Links
Spoiler

Chest - 5ls (Remove Void Manipulation)
Spoiler
or
instead of Void if you have the currency

Helmet - Soulrend is replaced by Essence Drain, which will give you around 1.5k-2k ES regen in combination with Zealoth Oath. If you tag 2 or 3 bosses you'll be sitting at 4-6k regen
Spoiler

Gloves
Spoiler
If you can hit 155 STR and +3 curse(glove / whisper of doom / malediction), Add Warlord mark lvl 20 to. Warlord mark makes the build really tanky when MAPPING and you won't reep from porcupine packs anymore. 3 End charges will get your Immortall Call to 3-4 sec duration, with 35% ele and 80% phys dmg reduction up from 25%/25% on cwdt lvl 1 version. If you don't want or can't use a third extra curse, put Movement skill here(flame dash). Otherwise move skill goes to Unset ring.
Spoiler

Boots - 155 STR needed, if you can't hit that, use lower level gems. Vaal Disc must be 1 lvl higher than cwdt, 21 or if you only have lvl 20, use cwdt 19. Inc Duration Maxed
Spoiler

Wand - Wither Totem - They remove some of the aggro too.
Spoiler

Sceptre HOGM use only - Replace the wand, and use Bane + Scorching ray [Disable Zealotry else you're 1hko]
Spoiler

Shield - Low Life combo, Level up clarity until you are left with close to 1 HP, if you overlevel sell at npc the gem + 1 scour.
Spoiler

Aspect of the Spider - Can be crafted on any item with a free suffix.
Spoiler
Had it on belt, wand, it does not remove your crafted suffix but be sure you have 2 suffixes max before crafting the aspect. Mana pool will be reserving Malevolence, Vaal Discipline, and Aspect. That's 50 + 35 + 25, 110% But we have 16% reduced from tree, which gets us to 92.4% usage. From a 2k mana pool lets say, that's 180 mana left, more than enough.

Blight Gear Example + Some additional information
Stats Requirements :
Dex : 114 - Swift Affliction 21 (70 from tree you will need 30 dex from items (Amulet) so you save a skill point)
Str : 155 - Warlord mark + ICall 20 (20 from tree, you will need 135 str from items, belt t2 max roll is 55, so you will need 66 str from amulet. Easy option is Astramentis, but you lose the spell dmg and craft option)
All summed up a 30 dex 66 str amulet is required to hit 114 dex 155 str
Spoiler

Since this league we can get +1 curse on amulet, i tried to play a bit with the curses so i added Warlord mark on glvoes too. By doing this, i leveled the CWDT + IC to 20, so they can reduce more incomming damage, plus the 3 END charges WMark is generating. This should make mapping and most of the boss fights that have adds way easier.
Helmet - DOes not require Lab enchant so don't waste your time.
Gloves - Buy or try to get the Reflection enchant on Normal diff lab, divine them for good ES roll.
Boots- High ES boots , Extra INT is allways wellcome.
Shield - 250-300 ES shield with Spell damage / Int
Belt- Crystal Belt with Flat ES, STR is wellcome, so you can remove the 30 Str node from tree.
Amulet- Flat ES , % ES , STR DEX INT as you need, Elder 13%+ Chaos Multiplier later on. Preffix free so you can craft % ES.
Rings- 38+ INT / Flat ES , total res 100% are easy to find. Prefix free for Faster ES Start
Flasks - Defensive flasks. Freze, curse, bleed are a must. Ignite is good for some boss fights, chests.

As for the weapon, you can use a non crafted wand too. 29% multi is min of tier 2. T1 starts at 34%, to know what to search for.
Watcher's Eye - The best and cheapest one is % faster start of ES on discipline. With the rings enchant you'll be at 90-100% Modifier, meaning 1 sec instead of 2 sec, time you have to wait before ES recovers. Other good rolls are chaos on malevolence, MANA >ES on clarity.
Delve Gear - You lose most of your damage but is still enough to kill bosses and go delving even in the dark without ripping when you get hit by 3 mobs.
Spoiler

Energiser goes mid left, into the jewel slot. The rest stays the same. Try to get a good rolled memory vault, some armour boots help too, a decent aegis. You'll reach 20k Armour and around 50K on flask, meaning that you heal 1K ES whenever you block.

Tips and Tricks - boss fights, leveling.
Spoiler

You can level however you want, start with minions, or any spell damage, or go directly to 4ls+ bane or tabula + bane. Once you have Shavronne 5ls+ you can go low life.
Aura priority is Vaal Discipline > Malevolence > Clarity > Zealotry. By using vaal disc, you save 1 slot, and its good in case you're about to reep :P I never use it in uber elder for example, you get to a point where the fights are so easy once you learn them that you don't need any healing.
Hydra - Has nasty damage, try to avoid cannons and position yourself behind boss. I use to die a lot there, getting too old :D
Chimera - Keep distance, flame dash as soon as boss is on top of you, he'll fight the golem or Reflect clone, and save flasks for Cloud phase.
Minotaur - You can play it safe, or face tank.
Phoenix - Keep distance, do not try to Soulrend, make sure you spamm Bane on all the birds else you'll fail.
Uber Elder - Once you Youtube the Guide for the fight, start by casting bane on shaper and try to keep an eye all the time on him. He's probably the only one that can kill you. Soulrend is a dps boost, but do not try casting it on bosses that can 2 shot you unless you know verry well what you're doing :P I will try to upload an uber elder fight so you can see how easy the fight is. Also since we're running enfleeble, a 9k ES pool is enough to take a shaper/elder slam and survive when on full ES, in case you want to show off to your friends, or you just forgot to move :D I always keep sound on at boss fights.
The build can kill Uber Atziri, i managed some of them deathless too, Hall of GrandMasters, having on switch or even main hand a Balefire with Burning damage, efficacy, elemental focus.

About the build - mecanics
Spoiler

Last league i've played the occultist and since i had better luck with items i was able to test the damage output with all kind of gems and items. I've seen the bow build and i know it has more damage, but you will probably have to spend more time gearing and i just don't like the blink arrow skill :D
- Empower 4 gives slightly more damage than a void manipulation 21/20
- Helm reduces enemy resists by 20%, reaching a total of 70% with despair + Void Beacon
- You have room to play with items like Pressence of Chayula, or watcher eye with Mana > ES on clarity, maybe some nodes in skill tree if you want to get more ES pool. I think 9k ES is more than enough for boss killing in Softcore.
This league i was able to kill an corrupted phoenix with 5ls shav and lvl 19 gems, and 2 other players leeching on map. I heard people managed to do 5ls uber too but i would not recommend it. The more damage the less time you have to be in that small boss room :D
- I went for the mana reduced nodes to avoid the use of an lvl 4 Enlighten. You can probably make it work to save some skill points. The 4th aura , zealotry, is really worth to have, since its a more multiplier.
- Can sacrifice 4 damage nodes, and get 155 str to use lvls 20 Cwdt IC Duration, grab Whispers of Doom, and put Warlord Mark in gloves. From what i've seen there are no more reeps from Porcupines, and in general, unless i am eating while playing :D

IGN : RememberDolores
Online every day after 7 PM (GMT +1)
Last edited by tntrose69 on Jan 5, 2020, 5:57:22 AM
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2020, 8:55:17 PM
Nice build I recommend it
Hey, currently trying out this build and loving it.

I am about to craft a wand and a shield, what do you think about the new prefixes that you can get on both of them <+1 to Level of all Chaos Spell Skill Gems> ?
"
TheTrMachine wrote:

I am about to craft a wand and a shield, what do you think about the new prefixes that you can get on both of them <+1 to Level of all Chaos Spell Skill Gems> ?

Hi. I had a +1 chaos and T2 Chaos Multiplier and i was getting better damage than the normal multimoded wand. So the +1 chaos T1 multiplier would give even more dmg. Problem is getting those rolls :D Unless you plan to sink thousands of chaos i'd go for the regular multimod wand its just fine. I don't think you need more damage the uber elder fight goes pretty smooth as long as you're experienced.
"
tntrose69 wrote:
"
TheTrMachine wrote:

Hi. I had a +1 chaos and T2 Chaos Multiplier and i was getting better damage than the normal multimoded wand. So the +1 chaos T1 multiplier would give even more dmg. Problem is getting those rolls :D Unless you plan to sink thousands of chaos i'd go for the regular multimod wand its just fine. I don't think you need more damage the uber elder fight goes pretty smooth as long as you're experienced.

Yeah, definitely for starters it isn't worth it, at least for a wand. Both +1 chaos and chaos multi are really rare for alteration spam, so you could do it with Aberrant fossils and then scour all suffixes but it still would be expensive as hell.
"
TheTrMachine wrote:
"
tntrose69 wrote:
"
TheTrMachine wrote:

Yeah, definitely for starters it isn't worth it, at least for a wand. Both +1 chaos and chaos multi are really rare for alteration spam, so you could do it with Aberrant fossils and then scour all suffixes but it still would be expensive as hell.

The +1 skill gems is a nice bonus, but unless you're done with the entire build and around lvl 95, you don't have to worry about weapon and shield. You can easy use a non multimoded wand with t1 multiplier and a crafted 50% spell damage, and a shield with 2-300 es with or without spell damage. As long as you are calm in the boss fights everything will be all right :D
Do you mind writing what the exact crafts are on the weapon? I can see them on the one you have already crafted but I don't have some of them on the bench. So i want to see exactly what I am going for, thanks!
It's ready to go!
Prefix : Chaos multi + 21-30% Damage over time + T3 Skill effect duration
Suffix : Multimod + 13-16% chaos dmg + T3 Arcane surge
Sorry to ask..I know it's silly but what is the second spell u r u sing in the video of your uber elder?? The one with the blue circle "O I hope u'll reply :D
"
fsociety57 wrote:
Sorry to ask..I know it's silly but what is the second spell u r u sing in the video of your uber elder?? The one with the blue circle "O I hope u'll reply :D

In the build name is Bane wich is the big circle :D + Soulrend wich is the purple projectile. Bane is in 6Ls, Soulrend is in 4Ls. Main damage dealer of this build is Bane, because you can hide from boss attacks. Soulrend is a damage booster, even in 4ls it deals same dot during 1 sec i think, as bane does. So if you know you can sit and spam soulrend for 2-3 secs do it , will double the dps. Usually i yolo most of the guardians, with a few exceptions. Hydra i always run around her and leave Bane do the fight. But on Minotaur for example, i facetank him and pray i don't die :D Every boss hits different, some can be facetanked, some needs to stay far away from, because they 1-2shot you(Phoenix).
Last edited by tntrose69 on Sep 29, 2019, 9:56:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info