Creating a global mute

Since the public stress test, the community friendliness has significantly went down. People are beginning to troll. Specifically someone asks for help and gets called a bitch for no apparent reason.

Can the devs implement a complaint system where if someone gets say 3 or more complaints they are globally muted for a few hours, and if it happens again the time doubles, etc.?

The community was really strong and helpful and now it seems like it has gone to hell. We don't want a community like other F2P games.

Just an idea.

Yes i support this all the way ! Now when you ask something you are suddenly a troll or just stupid and should go play diablo 3 or something... The community was very helpful at first but this idea could bring that back
Don't forget to register on the semi-official
Mumble server @ 212.16.110.165:64738 PW: poe

Yeah while I was on during the public stress, all people did was talk about D3. So obnoxious. Chris was being super nice and helpful and all people would do was spam boring comments about D3.
I wasn't specifically aiming towards people that talk about Diablo 3, but more towards people being (for lack of better words) assholes for the sake of being an asshole.

The way I look at it, 60% of the people that talk about Diablo 3 being better are just trying to get a response from people and will more than likely come back to Path of Exile.

On a side note, if you someone acting like this, tell them "Rory doesn't take kindly to that kind of talk", shuts them up almost instantly haha
Austere. Do something about this guy. He is trolling in Hardcore and being an immature little child.

[IMG]http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu174/Artmeus/scree1.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu174/Artmeus/screen2.png[/IMG]

This should not be tolerated and makes for a bad community.

Use your powers of self-control and self-moderation and just /ignore the pony faggot. A good community governs itself and doesn't ask for skyhooks.

As for GGG, definitely keep stats on the server about which accounts are the most ignored, or their ignores over time. It's non-trivial, but would be the best way to find these people automatically and be able to warn them without relying on people in the community to step forward and cry foul.
This is my thought from the last (of so many) of these threads:

Ignore command should be for ignore entire account.

Putting people on ignore means you have to then ignore everybody that continues to argue with successful troll, or you've solved nothing.

Allowing people to poison the community as these individuals love to do, inevitably leads to more trolls, in a downward spiral of increasingly offensive and abusive chat. I don't care how much of an internet tough-guy routine you want to put on (doesn't bother me!), it's bad for business for GGG.

The only real solution in lieu of actual moderation with teeth (so that it's a known fact you'll be banned), it to simply turn off chat and cut yourself off from the offenders.
FFA loot sucks.
It's unfortunate that global chat went to hell after the paid beta access became available. Can't be helped I guess. Have to run with global chat disabled most of the time now though :(.
Last edited by gigamo on Apr 6, 2012, 10:21:14 PM
I shouldn't have to just sit back and accept the fact that they are acting like this. I'm sorry, I've played countless games where my ban list gets maxed out and I don't want that to happen with this game.

As far as turning off global chat is concerned, that also is not a suitable option. I shouldn't have to limit myself from the game because he wants to act like a jackass.

If someone at the office is giving you hell, turning off your computer while your working, and spitting in your coffee; you wouldn't just ignore them and move on. You wouldn't cut all ties with the company and go find a new job. You would tell your boss and more than likely he would get fired. This applies to GGG as well, they are the bosses and people like Austere are the people that spit in your coffee.

Unlike most people, I enjoy having Global Chat up to potentially help someone I've never met. I enjoy helping people and today a guy asked how many Transmutation Orbs a stack of Armor Scraps were worth; and got replied with "Bitch gtfo and go play Diablo 3", how is this helpful in anyway???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info