MTX recycling incoming?

"
original post from Tencent server official website: https://poe.game.qq.com/forum/view-thread/61530

here's google translation

The Synthetic Treasure Chest is one of the most important new features of the two-year season and will be launched in the national and international service. The core purpose is to help players organize their own fashion warehouses and recycle the excesses and outdated fashions of exiles in exchange for new, limited, and even rare fashions.

In the new season, exiles can obtain synthetic treasure chests by participating in activities or directly purchasing in the game mall. Each time they put in a fashion, they will follow the current value of the fashion, correspondingly increase the number of synthetic points of the treasure chest, and different synthetic points. The rewards are also different.

In the second anniversary season, in order to better thank the old and new exiles for their support, we not only set up synthetic treasure chest rewards in various activities, but also have a whole set of fashion and synthetic points as rewards to help the old and new exiles experience. This feature, in exchange for the old fashion, in exchange for your favorite fashion look.

Translation of that translation:-

"
I'll simplify the idea according to my understanding.

You buy from the shop or win from an event this "synthesis chest" or "combinational chest".

This chest starts off with zero "synthesis points".

You dump your unwanted trash MTXes in there, and the number of "synthesis points" in the chest increases according to the current value of said MTX (most likely at a discounted rate from my guess).

This chest has various point brackets, say arbitrarily 100, 200, 300 and 400 points, just as an example.

If you fill the chest up with 104 synthesis points, then when you open this chest, you'll be able to randomly draw an MTX from ONLY the first tier of rewards. If it's 403 points, then when you open this chest, you'll be able to randomly draw an MTX from ONLY the fourth tier of rewards.

Source:- https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/cx9gxh/mtx_recycling_is_coming/
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2019, 4:25:21 PM
Interesting, I suppose more options and features is always better than less. Good luck GGG.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
It's probably not at a discount what you put in there. But old MTX are being sold now for less than they were when they were at launch, their price reduced several times overtime so your loss of value is in how old and much people buy it since that's what dictates prices.

Of course, the MTX that you can draw are not only random, they are probably of lower value than the points you put in to prevent you from re-rolling until you get what you want.

In other words, it's yet another money sink.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Nice for those of us who bought multiples of the same supporter packs and thus have extra frames and portals we cannot possibly use. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
One thing you can be sure of: one way or another the end-goal of this is to make Tencent more money.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Well I have been saying in a number of threads, that gambling with real money loot boxes, in which there are weighted fail mechanics (dupes more and more statistically) is about as shady as you can get.

Having dupe protection, or at least being able to do something with them, is a step in the right direction imo.

Now if they even out the drop rates and offer a "box buyout", I think I could at least give them an understanding nod on these loot boxes.

*note we will def have to see how the point system works. If it's like 20 dupes for one more box, then fuck any goodwill I provided above.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
can i put stash tabs in there as it's likely we will never be able to convert them to quads?
I do not believe it until i can get one myself.
And this picture is weird for PoE imo.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
That's great!!! I have 6 dupes
did they really keep track how much points someone spent to get a certain mtx?

they need to have, otherwise it's a rip off to those who bought mtx full price ... and it's not worth to put dupes from mtx boxes in there as they're maybe high value but have no real points attached
Last edited by cronus on Aug 30, 2019, 11:18:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info