[3.7]League Starter Glacial Hammer Inquisitor, Easily clears entire game on a 5 link.

Build idea
Spoiler
Point of this build is to be able to complete the entire game on a 10c budget with a 5link.

To do this we use 1 alch unique weapons - Frostbreath that doubles your damage against chilled enemies, and glacial hammer which chills every enemy.

Frostbreath vs Other weapons?
Spoiler

Frostbreath is a very good starting weapon that can easily clear the game.

A well rolled dorianys catalyst is around 10% better, and to beat that you need a 380 phys dps void sceptre with tier3 or higher increased critical strike mod.

Pros:
Spoiler
Built in melee splash that doesn't lower your damage via treshold jewel.

You get a lot of res from tree/dual frostbreath so all your other gear doesn't need much res which makes gearing extremely easy.

Good clearspeed with ancestral call+splash damage

Any non freeze-immune boss is frozen

Tanky - Has 180% inc life, with additional 40% available if leveled high enough or some damage nodes skipped.

Damage can get much higher with some investment

Cons:
Spoiler
Can't do ele reflect

When attacking a group of enemies that cannot die(Shrine,Rare monster mod, proximity shield) screen shakes like crazy and can make you lag if you have a bad PC

PoB:
Spoiler

770k shaper dps, 5link with garbage tier gear, no adrenaline and no frenzy/power charges.
https://pastebin.com/2F76cKRS

4.5mil shaper dps, 6link, pretty decent gear but can still be made better, no adrenaline and no frenzy/power charges

https://pastebin.com/T4NNmuWr

Ascendancy options:
Spoiler
1)Instruments of virtue
2)Augury of penetance
3)Righteous Providence
4)Inevitable judgement

You can take Sanctuary/Pious path instead of IoV and AoP for survivability which will allow you to equip an abyssus for 50-60% increased damage.

Steps to improving the build:
Spoiler

1)Offensive flasks - Atziri's promise,Lion's roar

2)Assassins mark on hit ring

3)Switch out curse on hit+herald of ice for Flesh and Stone and equip an abyssus

4)Tempered flesh into the regular spot for 12% dps increase

5)Start using enlighten level 4 and Precision to get enough accuracy to remove "Eagle eye" from your skilltree and gain back 3 skillpoints.

Priority for offensive mods:

Spoiler

1)Increased elemental damage with attack skills

2)Critical multiplier

3)Added cold damage to attacks

4)% increased cold damage

Why 2 treshold jewels?

Spoiler
For 100% conversion so you can do phys reflect. Conversion on tree wastes too much points, if you can get a good pair of gloves with conversion explicit then drop 1 treshold jewel.

HC?
Spoiler
This build can do hardcore, although when going hardcore Abyssus is not reccomended, and you might want to drop some DPS nodes, and pick up "Soul of steel", "Juggernaut" and "Thick skin" life wheel

Berserker version:
Spoiler
As with any melee skill, berserker can be used to push the damage through the roof. Berserker is better for Mapping, Inquisitor is better for endgame bosses because all of your damage is available at all times and not tied to rage.

Berserker pros:
Spoiler
40% more damage
Rage - Gives you a lot of attack speed, damage, stun immunity and access to "Berserk" skill which is another 40% more damage multiplier

Berserker cons:
Spoiler
Damage needs time to ramp up:

Rage takes time to build up so Beginning of Shaper/Elder/Elder guardians is very slow
Last edited by TeL_ on Aug 30, 2019, 12:07:33 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2019, 4:26:55 AM
Reserved if I ever need it
Seems ok so far could you elaborate on the layers of defense? At first I was getting popped till I sorted out some more armour on my gear and the granite flask but even then i'm not sure how the survivability is meant to scale up into high tier maps and stuff.

Damage is crazy for the budget though and I think this could also make a good lab runner in general and especially good with a few adjustments. I just feel a bit squishy at all times so far but I only have 9k armor with flask if that's any indication and 4.2k life atm (my rare gear is kinda just hobbled together with stuff I have on standard).
"

Seems ok so far could you elaborate on the layers of defense? At first I was getting popped till I sorted out some more armour on my gear and the granite flask but even then i'm not sure how the survivability is meant to scale up into high tier maps and stuff.

Damage is crazy for the budget though and I think this could also make a good lab runner in general and especially good with a few adjustments. I just feel a bit squishy at all times so far but I only have 9k armor with flask if that's any indication and 4.2k life atm (my rare gear is kinda just hobbled together with stuff I have on standard).

For better defense, Sanctuary/pious path is reccomended for ailment immunity and permanent hp/es regen. Other than that you have high health pool, very high armor and Molten shell on CWDT setup to absorb more damage with Vaal Molten shell for when you need it. Also make sure to have a flask with "Iron skin" suffix, which will increase all your armor by around 90%.

Then you have perma fortify with "Rampart" taken from tree to increase its effect and during mapping, Leap Slam with "Endurance charge on stun" will keep you at 3 endurance charges almost permanently

The enemy level is set to 83 in PoB, so the damage reduction from armor is what you actually get, in addition to that you will be popping all packs mostly in 1 hit with the shotgunning effect from ancestral call+splash damage. And what doesn't die in 1 hit is frozen.

The only problem I had when when testing this build was with ranged monster packs with bad map mods, but I was running a berserker with abyssus+aspect of carnage, much lower health pool and much less armor.

Lastly, the first improvement to this build is assassins mark on hit ring/oskarm, to switch out curse on hit and equip a flesh and stone for the blind+11% less damage taken.

Last edited by TeL_ on Aug 30, 2019, 3:55:04 AM
Thanks for the reply I did miss the flesh and stone part in the guide so I know some ways to go about that now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info