Wands vs. Staves- For Charity! (HC Legion Trade)

Summary:

Players will be split into two teams, Team Wand and Team Staff. Team Wand may do damage only with wand attacks. Team Staff may do damage only with staff attacks. When the league closes, I'll donate $100 USD to one of the below charities based on the winning team:

Team Wand: Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) https://www.msf.org
Team Staff: Children International https://children.org

Start Date: Immediately!
Duration: 20 days
Parent: HC Legion

(I intended to start this a few days from now, but I somehow messed up the time when I created the league, so I guess it starts now. Oh well.)

Allowed Skills:

Starting in act 2, only skills which cause damage directly by a wand or staff attack are allowed. This means that damage skills like spells, heralds, totems, traps, and minions are excluded. However, these skills are allowed if they don't cause damage- for example, Immortal Call would be allowed (causes no damage) but Molten Shell would not (causes damage). Curses and auras would both be allowed if they enhance the damage of your attacks but don't cause damage on their own, so Hatred would be allowed but Bane would not.

If you're not sure if a skill is allowed, post below and I'll evaluate the skill and make a decision.

Please make your character public so we can verify that you're not using disallowed skills or equipping disallowed weapons.

Scoring:

I will add up the levels of the top three characters from each team. The team with the highest total levels among these characters is the winner. In the case of a tie, I will donate half of the money to each charity.

Should the league expand, I will include additional players in the scoring depending on the eventual size of the league.

Only one score per player- multiple characters are allowed, but only the highest level character for each player will count toward the final score.

Other notes:

Please make your character name start with "W" if you're on Team Wand and "S" if you're on Team Staff to make the leaderboard easier to read and to let me know how to compute the score. It's okay to try both sides, but remember, only one score per player will count.

Trading/grouping is allowed, even between teams.

Friendly competition is encouraged, but be nice- it's for charity!

To join: https://pathofexile.com/private-leagues/join/Wands+versus+Staves/ZrvJ7hxwjqlBUYsJs1m0

Last bumped on Jul 30, 2019, 5:49:13 AM
Sounds like cyclone vs kinetic blast to me
wut global channel are we btw ?
Also wanted to ask how does skill gem restriction apply to mobility skills such as flame dash and shield charge for wand users ?
Last edited by Tresemme on Jul 11, 2019, 2:44:36 PM
I didn't pick a global channel. Suggest one and we can go with that.

Flame Dash isn't ok because it does damage, but the new Dash skill would be fine.

Shield charge now does damage based on your shield and ignores your weapon, so that's not ok.

I'm doing power siphon myself, but I'm kind of regretting it right now. I mostly picked that because I've done Kinetic Blast before and I wanted to see what I could do by stacking power charges. I kind of wish I'd gone with frenzy, though. There's too much overlap between Power Siphon and the assassin ascendency skills.
You could do sab kb mines with wand ? or thats not allowed ?
How about Totems?
Like Ancestrals, they use the weapon you have equipped. IE a staff

Or Ranged attack totems: IE Wands

In a similar scenario, Animate guardian. Is he allowed if we have his weapon be a staff?

What about animate weapon? If we only target staves (or wands with the threshold jewel)

Just some fun questions (Nevermind, all of these are debunked if I just read more carefully the first time)

Also, Ive applied to join in on the fun. Looks like Team Staves is down a man

Wands = 4, Staves = 3
Last edited by ILoveBirdGIrls on Jul 14, 2019, 9:47:19 PM
Did you guys decide on a global channel to use?
Please post/update to include it
I would also like global channel lets just say it's /global 12574
hello all. i just requested invite for this place.
The league is over, and Team Staff has won. Congratulations!

As promised, I have donated $100 to Children International in the name of "Team Staff".

Thanks for joining, everyone!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info