Commander of darkness Flesh and stone

Not sure if this is intentional or not but the +20% all res granted by commander of darkness is not applied when using flesh and stone even though it is classed as an aura skill.
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2019, 9:07:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It applies only if "you are affected by aura" as in description.
I came to report this as well for sand stance.

"You take X% less damage from enemies.."

I expected this to work for sand stance and not blood stance. It reads like it is affecting you.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Jul 3, 2019, 6:21:47 PM
"
Morri_ wrote:
Not sure if this is intentional or not but the +20% all res granted by commander of darkness is not applied when using flesh and stone even though it is classed as an aura skill.

Thanks for your report, this is intended.

The Aura from "Flesh and Stone" does NOT affect you as the Aura is similar to that of Blasphemy (it affects enemies and not the player).

The reduced damage taken is not part of the aura.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Morri_ wrote:

The Aura from "Flesh and Stone" does NOT affect you as the Aura is similar to that of Blasphemy (it affects enemies and not the player).

Hi Jatin - can you confirm then that the description for Flesh and Stone must be incorrect? "Casts an aura that affects you and nearby enemies differently depending on your stance."

In blood stance, there is just a maim effect around you affecting enemies only.
In sand stance, there is a blind effect around you affecting enemies only.

From the skill description, the only other affect the gem provides is taking less damage from non-nearby enemies. Since the skill gem specifies that there is some stance that does cast an aura that does "affect you" - then is the skill description just totally wrong? Should it say "Casts an aura that affects nearby enemies differently depending on your stance." Currently it sounds like there's never any stance or cast where an aura is ever cast that "affects you" as the gem description states...

Part of my confusion in why I'd think Flesh and Stone should count as an "aura affecting me" comes from this description, but also from the "less damage from enemies that aren't nearby" effect. I would assume that's an effect on me, the character, not an infinite-range aura that decreases damage dealt by all enemies but only if dealt to me.
"
Verlerbur wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Morri_ wrote:

Hi Jatin - can you confirm then that the description for Flesh and Stone must be incorrect? "Casts an aura that affects you and nearby enemies differently depending on your stance."

In blood stance, there is just a maim effect around you affecting enemies only.
In sand stance, there is a blind effect around you affecting enemies only.

From the skill description, the only other affect the gem provides is taking less damage from non-nearby enemies. Since the skill gem specifies that there is some stance that does cast an aura that does "affect you" - then is the skill description just totally wrong? Should it say "Casts an aura that affects nearby enemies differently depending on your stance." Currently it sounds like there's never any stance or cast where an aura is ever cast that "affects you" as the gem description states...

Part of my confusion in why I'd think Flesh and Stone should count as an "aura affecting me" comes from this description, but also from the "less damage from enemies that aren't nearby" effect. I would assume that's an effect on me, the character, not an infinite-range aura that decreases damage dealt by all enemies but only if dealt to me.

We can look into changing this description.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Morri_ wrote:

I'm confused how the reduced damage taken is not part of the Aura? Where is the effect coming from if not the aura?

The fact that it's reducing damage you're taking as opposed to reduced damage dealt also pretty clearly implies it's an effect on the player, not enemies.
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Morri_ wrote:

I'm confused how the reduced damage taken is not part of the Aura? Where is the effect coming from if not the aura?

The fact that it's reducing damage you're taking as opposed to reduced damage dealt also pretty clearly implies it's an effect on the player, not enemies.

The reduced damage taken is not part of the aura, it's part of Flesh and Stone while you're in Sand Stance. The aura part of Flesh and Stone is the Blind/Maim based on what Stance you're in.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

We can look into changing this description.

Thanks Jatin - i'm bummed it didn't work as I hoped, but I think updating the description would be a fine solution to help manage players expectations :)
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
The reduced damage taken is not part of the aura, it's part of Flesh and Stone while you're in Sand Stance. The aura part of Flesh and Stone is the Blind/Maim based on what Stance you're in.

So.... this logic you guys are using to explain the damage reduction of flesh and stone, it sounds like you are saying that even though it's an effect of an aura gem, it is not an aura effect?

Does this mean investing in increased aura effectiveness will not increase the damage reduction you get from Flesh and Stone? IF so, this is a major poorly communicated anti-intuitive aspect of the gem that is far more widely impactful then the rather niche case of Commander of Darkness.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Jul 20, 2019, 9:07:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info