[3.7] Cyclone CoC Volatile Dead

The build is in the making...

Idea
The idea is to use Cyclone as a trigger skill for exploding your zombies into fire balls homing around the map. I understand this has been considered before but has fell short on single encounters but with the new gloves from the Legion league named Aukuna's Will we'll be able to deal some damage.

Game Play
Spoiler

Level 75 with random leveling loot in Haunted Mansion map.
Video

Bandits
Spoiler

Help Alira for the crit and bonus resists

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler

Ascendency
Spoiler
Shadow - Assassin

Skill Gems
Spoiler

I'm trying things out as I go right now and currently I'm running the follwing setup in a Tabula

6-Link
Cyclone - Cast on Critical Strike - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Area of Effect - Raise Zombie - Volatile Dead

Replacement
Elemental Focus
Concentrate Effect

4-Link
Cast when damage taken - Immortal Call - Increased duration - Ice Golem

Gear
Spoiler

As previous sections, I'm trying things out and I as I'm a casual player I do lack the time to get things super fast.

Weapons

Replacement:
* Shaper Staff with critt and Cast on Channel support
* Divinarius dagger
* Cospri's Malice

Chest

Replacements:

Gloves

Boots

Helm

Necklace

Rings

Belt

Replacement:

Why not?
Spoiler

Why am I not running Detonate Dead?
- Well, I think it would be a nice single target option but when running maps and zombies spawned behind you will explode behind you with no effect on the target you are fighting. Instead having homing fire balls will help the clear speed.

I will update the build as I go...

Last edited by scarboni on Jun 14, 2019, 5:08:04 PM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2019, 2:43:05 PM
Nice build man!!! does it work well in the endgame?
I'm right now kinda casual but will spend some time to get further and furthet, the clear speed is really nice and with some more optimized run speed items it can turn out to be a really fast map clearer.

The issues right now are the Life where I'm missing some key pieces such as a good 6 linked chest piece or if a whole turn around for ES would make it even better.

If you have any ideas or thoughts please feel free to elaborate, I would really like to hear your thoughts.

Ideas / Theorycrafting
I have some ideas that a Cospri's Malice together with Elemental Equilibrium could bring out some more dmg output as well.
Why not cast while channeling? Should trigger more reliably. Also could add a Totem with multiple totems, Unearth and GMP. Would reliably give you corpses for single target.
How did it turn out? I just hit 92 on my coc cospri assassin and I want to try something else, was considering this or coc bladefall poison. Have you considered using Beltimbre blade or possibly even two of them ? For extra fireballs
Could you do something similar with a wand?
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info