"Random crash no error message" Not fixed in 3.7.2.

Posting this in order to help other players and maybe give GGG a clue, what might cause the issue.

The crash, wich i'm talking about, appears "randomly" (not with a clear pattern related to it, e.g. a specific skill or ingame action). The game closes itself without error message out of the blue. The log-file doesn't record this crash in any way, shape or form.
(GGG: Maybe you don't even get automatic reports from your system about those crashes? Is it possible the client doesn't "recognize" this crash?)

From the start of the league until yesterday i had those crashes constantly, almost every other map.

I was trying to find ideas, what i could try on my end. Today i switched from lockstep to predictive mode and haven't crashed a single time in a 5 hour session.

It seems that at least my crashes are clearly related to lockstep.

My system info:

i5-4690 3.5 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, Windows10 Home version 1803; nvidia-driver 397.93
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jun 22, 2019, 12:22:46 PM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2019, 10:52:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So going back to desync to stop the crashes? Swapping one game ruining situation for another?
Only trying to help. :(
Nothing to be sorry about, its how the game is

you need SSD
you need a bright monitor because there is no brightness/gamma slider
you need very special internet to not lose packets(no other game as far as I know has this)
you need to sacrifice your enjoyment to make it to work somethimes

AAA game
A little update on this: I still haven't crashed a single time ever since switching to predictive. But interestingly a guildmate, playing on lockstep with no issues thus far, started to crash, when he was playing together with me. Switching to predictive fixed it for him as well.

Hence it seems like something on my character "JanzFissigalisch" induces the crashes, and it can crash other players as well. My primary suspects would be Melee Splash, Multistrike and last but not least the new Pride Aura. (For example a mob entering or leaving the aura's area at the wrong moment would fit the "random" appearance of the crashes pretty well.)

This is the full list of my gem links:
6L: Summon Skelleton-Brutality-Minion Speed-Melee Splash-Melee Phys-Maim
Head: Raise Zombie-Multistrike-Pulverise-Fortify
Gloves: Desecrate; CwDt-IC-Flesh Offering
Boots: Pride-Summon Holy Relic-Punishment-IncAoE
Chest: Raise Spectre-Blood Magic; Leap Slam-FA-Fortify-Convocation

Status after 3.7.1b:

No change for me unfortunately.

I tried playing with lockstep but crashed to desktop in the typical manner (no error message, no entries in the log file) shortly after. I had one crash in predictive now too, but that was a crash after changing instance, wich prolly belongs to the already fixed type of crash introduced in 3.7.1. Other than that still no crashes in predictive.
Bug still persisting in 3.7.2. Crashed twice while trying to play in lockstep, same pattern as described in my op: Game closing without error message.
Both crashes occurred while in a Legion encounter, but that might very well be just a random coincidence.

I found a logfile entry now though:

"FMOD Failed to load bank FMOD/Desktop/ItemFilterEffect.bank with error code 18"

occuring multiple times in Client.Worker1.txt, and one time in Client.Worker2.txt.

Running the latest Nervsink Filter on the standalone client.
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jun 20, 2019, 4:59:20 AM
And another little update on this:

I've tried to play in Lockstep again today and for some reason it was quite stable, way better than yesterday. Nonetheless i get an interesting line in the logfiles now:

"[WARN Client 4728] Detected animation event past end of animation! Animation: projectile, AnimationLength: 0.5, EventTime: 0.95"

It appears quite often now, this line, but apparently this "out of timeline event" does not crash me or at least not always.

Also i'm not using a single projectile skill, wich leads me to believe, that this line refers to an ability of a mob. My guess would be a Legion-mob skill, no idea wich one though.

Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jun 20, 2019, 4:00:00 PM
Holy shit, those random CTDs are pissing me the fuck off. I can't even remember how many legion encounters ran out of time, due to the game shutting down during the "tag time".

I'll try switching to Predictive instead of Lockstep, although I'm highly sceptical that this solves the issue. I'm more inclined to believe this has something to do with certain skills, rather than the chosen connection method, never had issues with Automatic(Lockstep) and my internet is top notch.

Edit: as much as it pains me to admit but the issue might be the network mode. After switching to Lockstep, the game runs like hot garbage, rubberbanding deluxe, but I do no longer CTD.
Last edited by Pr0pagandhi on Jun 20, 2019, 6:10:12 PM
got a random crash.
left a glacier map,
playing summoner only had 2 spec and 7 zombies when leaving map
hideout had only 4 snow decor.
let me know if any additional info is needed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info