Cyclone

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Oct 24, 2021, 12:45:11 PM
I play Duelist Cyclone since 2.7 or 2.8. Can't remember exactly. But 3.7 was a HUGE improfement :D.

- Cyclone at one position .. INSANE
- Interupt when ever I want .. playstyle changer !!
- Reduced mana cost .. saves at last 3 passive points :)
- Fix inbuild flat damage add so I don't need to get a new weapon every 5 level .. makes leveling much more smothy

Well, I thought +melee weapon range allways worked. Seams I was wrong (and wasted points all the time *g*).

imgur picture:
https://imgur.com/a/I8g87Nl

With shrine. But I'm working to get this without shrine :p.
+4 melee range from tree
+2 gloves and helm enchant
+2 uniqe amulet
+2 weapon essence late season when I don't know where to spend my exalts *g*
PS: forgot Cyclone 21+2 from Bronn's body = 7 stacks = +7 range
14 base from trusting one hand
2.13 increase/more from tree, blood&sand, pulverize

SOOOOOOOO Insane to play now :). I'm super happy!
Oh and Cyclone does a tone more damage now too!
Last edited by Schakar on Jun 11, 2019, 2:41:44 AM
Level 94 Berserker
Using Crit/dual wield cyclone

Notable equips: Atziri's Acuity (legacy), Abyssus (legacy), headhunter, warlords mark ring

Cyclone is in a great spot

Being a channeled ability vastly improves upon cyclone's functionality. No longer do I feel like I'm playing from Antarctica when spinning to win. Also, damage and AoE are good as well. My only suggestion is that you don't nerf it into oblivion if and when cyclone becomes meta. It's been years since I've been able to use this ability and not feel like I'm doing only 100k dps.
Last edited by ShadeyShadow on Jun 12, 2019, 2:14:37 AM
Hello all,

I have a question regarding cyclone mechanic. I am kind of lost even tho read the game mechanics page for cyclone.

Now since it hits twice ( for 1H sword and shield ) and it hits once with both weapons ( when dual-wielding) wouldn't it makes more sense to get 400dps 1H sword and shield and hit twice?

rather than having both 300dps 2 swords? Am I missing something. assuming all phys dmg increases/links/atk.speed is same.
Main reason I am asking is with a 4ex budget I might prefer to get higher dps sword than getting 2 swords.

Thank you beforehand for your replies.
"
HainLemur wrote:
Now since it hits twice ( for 1H sword and shield ) and it hits once with both weapons ( when dual-wielding) wouldn't it makes more sense to get 400dps 1H sword and shield and hit twice?

Dual Wield get's bonus DPS just for useing 2 weapons. AKA DW == more DPS

And you can (in theory) get more melee range as you now can use 2*Essence crafts. Or other fancy stuff you can craft/get from weapons but not shields.

1h+Shield offers more defens with max-block builds. And is much cheeper as weapons cost much more then shields ;).

2h has some realy insane uniques you can start with. And I belive now can get the highest DPS.

Espezialy 1h Swords and even more 1h Thrusting Swords have no realy good pure physical DPS uniques :(

PS: Claws have low range but insane life-on-hit while Thrusting swords have the highest range (14 base now).
Last edited by Schakar on Jun 12, 2019, 9:43:52 AM
"
Schakar wrote:
"
HainLemur wrote:

Dual Wield get's bonus DPS just for useing 2 weapons. AKA DW == more DPS

And you can (in theory) get more melee range as you now can use 2*Essence crafts. Or other fancy stuff you can craft/get from weapons but not shields.

1h+Shield offers more defens with max-block builds. And is much cheeper as weapons cost much more then shields ;).

2h has some realy insane uniques you can start with. And I belive now can get the highest DPS.

Espezialy 1h Swords and even more 1h Thrusting Swords have no realy good pure physical DPS uniques :(

PS: Claws have low range but insane life-on-hit while Thrusting swords have the highest range (14 base now).

Hello again,

Thank you so much so the answers I was looking for was in DW mechanics.
I probably will pick 2 Jewelled Foils but if any issues w/ survival I will pick claw nodes for life gain on hit ( made wonders last season w/ HoAg)

Thanks for bringing this back but in a big way. I've longed for a good clearing melee skill for a very long time and the upgraded cyclone is all that I could have hoped for and more. Frankly I think you overdid it and made the skill too good but it's good for the userbase. I hope you make the game much harder in coming revisions to compensate.
Last edited by sawseech on Jun 18, 2019, 10:41:56 AM
I'm probably some sort of heretic for saying this, but have GGG every considered making Cyclone (and a few other movement skills) into SUPPORTS that change how supported melee attacks are delivered? Make Cyclone give a speed bonus and repeatedly perform the linked melee attack while moving through enemies. Give Flicker Strike a similar treatment and let it teleport you behind your target before attacking. Make a teleport one based on lightning warp that does the attack in an AoE around your target destination if your target is outside melee range. Stuff like that.
"
L00 wrote:
I'm probably some sort of heretic for saying this, but have GGG every considered making Cyclone (and a few other movement skills) into SUPPORTS that change how supported melee attacks are delivered? Make Cyclone give a speed bonus and repeatedly perform the linked melee attack while moving through enemies. Give Flicker Strike a similar treatment and let it teleport you behind your target before attacking. Make a teleport one based on lightning warp that does the attack in an AoE around your target destination if your target is outside melee range. Stuff like that.

+1
Hi there, with the recent changes in 3.7 melee, i've decided to give cyclone a shot. While leveling, I found out that cyclone(skill gem on glove) can be used by dual wieding axe but when dual wielding dagger, I can't use cyclone? (putting cyclone gem into dagger fixs the problem) So is this an intended feature or a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info