[3.7] Tectonic Slam Chieftain

Changes:
-> Not using Pulverize anymore. Without Multistrike attack speed, the build feels awful to play imo. Removing pulverize makes it a bit better.
-> Main links: TS - Melee phys - Combustion - Ele with attacks - Faster Attacks - Ruthless
-> You could also use fortify instead of ruthless.
-> You could also lose lycosidae and dual wield swords for more attack speed, but we'll probably have to drop endurance charges on the tree for it, or damage nodes. The overally dps increase won't be much higher. I'm not really a fan of this. + you'll need to invest in accuracy + will be more expensive.

Note: Post all your questions in this thread, please don't pm me in game. Make sure your profile is PUBLIC before asking for help so your character is visible. If you have issues with the trees and you're loading them into the poe website, don't. Import them into Path of Building. Please check out the FAQ or previous responses in the thread if you can, chances are I've answered them already.

I do not claim my guide to be original or the best or even this build to be super efficient. I write guides mostly because I'm fond of my characters and I'd like to share them.

I also stream sometimes.

=======================================================================

Hi, this my ninth build guide.

Pros:
Tanky - ish. (6k+ hp, 8 end charges)
Decent single target.
Good clearspeed

Cons:
Might be expensive cause melee meta.
Bosses feel awkward to do with low attack speed.

Introduction
Spoiler

With the recent chieftain buffs, it's a good choice for fire based attack builds, tectonic slam in particular because of the node Valako, Storm's embrace. It gives upto 15% more damage based on endurance charge consumption, which TC does.

JUGG while being faster, chieftain will have have higher end damage. Also I just wanna try out the new chieftain tbh.

PoB
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/BJfpD4L3

Path of Building does not count the '100% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage' from Ngamahu, Flame's Advance node as of now. Same goes for the Valako node. I haven't included them in the pob artificially.

You can chose to do so to check approximately how much top end dps you can get. Just comment out the lines:

# Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire damage
# 15% more damage

so that they look like:

Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire damage
15% more damage

Levelling
Spoiler

Ichimonji is a good starter weapon.

34 points

56 points

90 points

102 points

117 points

Final Tree

Bandits
Spoiler

Kill all

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Ngamahu > Hinekora > Tawhoa > Valako

Pantheon
Spoiler

Brine King and Ralakesh.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Jewels:

Gear slot analysis:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Spoiler

Decent pdps foil.

Budget option: Grelwood Shanks, Ichimonji.

Helmet:
Spoiler

Find a base with the enchant and fossil craft with pristine and scorched for the -9% fire res roll. Ideally get the % phys taken as fire prefix craft.

BIS - 20% chance to create a charged slam

Budget option: Anything with life, res, int.

Chest:
Spoiler

This is what I had available, and it helps with damage and int. You could go with any chest, maybe something with more life, like an elder chest with + % attack crit, that'll probably be much better.

Budget option: Any rare chest, Tabula Rasa.

Gloves:
Spoiler

Life, res, attack speed. Spiked best base. You can also go tombfists.

BIS - Fury. Helps with clearspeed.

Budget option - Anything with life, res.

Boots:
Spoiler

Frees up flask affix and +1 end charge. You can really go for any rare boots. I wouldn't go kaom's roots cause we're a bit socket starved, specially if we end up using new gems, which we most likely will.

Good enchants/corruptions - Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently / +1 Maximum Endurance charges

Budget option - Anything with life, res.

Amulet:
Spoiler

Flat phys to attacks, multi, life, wed, dex.

Aspect of the Spider is a good option till you get your watcher's eye and swap out Herald of Purity and Aspect of Spider for Anger.

Belt:
Spoiler

Look for WED roll, after you cap your resists and get life.

Rings:
Spoiler

Life, resists, int.

WED and flat phys to attacks are a bonus.

Flasks:
Spoiler

For mapping:

You need to have your uncapped fire res as the highest for Wise Oak.

Jewels:
Spoiler

If you have one. Insane dmg boost from one item. You can drop herald of purity and aspect for anger, if you have one.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Chest:

Remaining links (put them wherever you get the right colors):

Unlinked:

After you get a good watcher's eye like this, drop Herald of Purity for Anger. Till then you can use HoP along with HoA, and another aura, like Artic armour/Aspect of the spider.

Videos:
Spoiler

Hydra

JUGG videos from 3.6 just for archiving:
Spoiler

Changelog:
Spoiler

Added guide?
Changed links, got more attack speed. Feels better to play now.
Added a hydra video.

Other guides:
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - http://yt.vu/+fatfat664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/fatfat664
Last edited by fatfat664 on Jun 23, 2019, 1:26:23 PM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2019, 10:24:47 PM
Looking good.
What if you build this with Oni and kaoms heart? like how much damage/Survivability would you gain/loose?
"
What if you build this with Oni and kaoms heart? like how much damage/Survivability would you gain/loose?

This build initially was oni and kaom's with a JUGG. Simply speaking its better, but when I switched to chieftain, the low attack speed felt really bad, so I switched to this setup.

Even at 77% accuracy, oni has 2.9mil and 7.4k life.
This version is at 2.4mil and 6.3k life.

You do lose the enfeeble but it should still be technically better. Only thing is, it feels like garbage to play with to me, so I prefer this.

35% Lion's Roar? Is that something coming in 3.7 or is it just a mistake?
I have been waiting for this build. Thanks a lot man, great job.
Is this build Viable for SSF ? I'm gonna try SSF for the first time this league.
Hei mate, with what skills and how u gonna start, and with what, what is my goal to get can u help me out little ?
"
juzzif wrote:

Standard league, legacy gear.
"

Legacy lion's roar, forgot to change it to regular one.

"
Is this build Viable for SSF ? I'm gonna try SSF for the first time this league.

I get this question a lot for every single build. Yes it SSF viable, as long as you don't need any specific unfarmable item to make the build work, it's viable. But your dps won't any where close enough without a good foil or lycoidae. If you go SSF, try using Oni - Goroshi.

"
Hei mate, with what skills and how u gonna start, and with what, what is my goal to get can u help me out little ?

I'm not playing this build this league. I would use any skill till you get tectonic slam and use it then onwards. I don't understand the rest of your question.

Hei again, ur passive skill tree, is different then ingame, they changed it, how where do i need to move, im at second passsive skill tree urs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info