[3.6/3.7] Hanarashi's Incinerate Trickster / Fun and Easy to Play! /Tank Shaper's Slam ^^

Hello everyone! I made this build during the Synthesis Flashback league, and I had tons of fun with it, so I thought I'd share :D

A note on changes in 3.7

Spoiler
We don't lose anything core in 3.7, but overall there is a small nerf. Ghost shrouds give us half the amount of cast speed that they used to, which means, you will need to prioritize the faster casting gem in your links if you think the build feels slow. Trickster energy shield amounts were also reduced, but this shouldn't be a problem, since we ended up with more than enough ES previously. Also, I believe Trickster spell dodge also received a nerf, so I recommend switching the Rumi's flask for a quartz flask. Finally, infused channeling no longer gives us % reduced physical damage taken while channeling, which will make us slightly squishier when we get hit, but since we dodge most things anyways, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

General stuff:

Spoiler

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/9sYu0A10

This buid relies on dodge and evasion as defense, but if that fails, we also have some chance to block, and damage reduction from ghost shrouds, infused channeling, Arctic Armour, and some extra max res from Purity of Ice.

Here are the defense stats:

Here are some damage stats (max charges):

Passive tree:
Spoiler

Current skill tree at level 93:
http://poeurl.com/coxR

What points you add beyond level 93 will mostly depend on preference, but here are some possible choices: Frenetic (+1 Frenzy charges,) Mental Rapidity (cast speed,) energy shield nodes at witch start, and the elemental damage nodes at templar start. Also, Agility (+30 dex) can be a good option if you are having trouble getting dex on your rings and gloves (see gear).

I chose to kill all the bandits for the 2 passive skill points, but killing Kraityn for the cast speed,attack dodge, and movement speed is a pretty good option too if you want to be extra speedy.

If you choose not to use Devouring Diadem, your tree would probably look similar to this:
http://poeurl.com/coxU

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
Trickster (I know he is getting nerfed next league, but should still be a solid choice)

Swift Killer-> Ghost Dance-> Escape Artist ->Patient Reaper

Swift killer: Free charges and damage :D

Ghost Dance: Just all around good. I thank this node for being able to tank the Shaper slam

Escape artist: Stun immunity almost all the time, dodge chance, and cast speed (getting nerfed.) This node is insane.

Patient Reaper: Not as important, but the extra recovery is pretty nice

Gear:

Spoiler

Weapon: Martyr of Innocence Staff

I spent about 20 chaos on this staff (not including 6-linking it). I just used dual rare sceptres until yellow maps. I also used a 5-link until about level 85 (drop faster casting) The staff gives us lots of fire damage, and some extra block chance, which is nice when evasion fails ^^ the extra fire pen, doesn't proc too often due to our evasion, but it's a nice boost for tankier bosses.

Chest Armour: The Perfect Form

I bought this chestpiece for about 50c around level 85. Phase Acrobatics gives us 30% spell dodge (which is amazing,) plus we get free arctic armour, which makes use tankier while we are standing still and channeling. If you need a cheaper option, a rare chest with high evasion and life works just fine as well! Carcass Jack is another good option if you like to have huge AoE.

Helmet: Devouring Diadem

I bought this helmet for 1 exalt at level 90 or so, and then bought the helmet with the enchant for about 12 exalt at level 92. The free Eldritch Battery saves us some points on the skill tree, and the reduced mana reservation allows us to run an extra aura (purity of Ice in my case) If Diadem is too expensive for you, a rare energy shield helment with high life and energy shield works just fine too. For the helmet enchant, +2 to incinerate stages is probably ideal, so go for that one if you like to run lab.

Boots: Atziri's step

Life, move speed, and dodge chance! Cost was about 30c for this roll. Which lab enchant you choose will depend on preference, but I was enjoying the cast speed for some more speedy map clearing.

Gloves: Rare with "Added fire against burning enemies" mod if possible

I bought these gloves for under 50c, main points are the added fire damage (big damage boost,) life, dex (unless you get extra dex on the tree,) and cold or lightning resistance (especially if you use perfect form.) look for those stats, and get the highest evasion you can afford!

Belt: Rare with high life, cold, and lightning resistance

Preferably a stygian vise for the extra socket, but not required. If you use as many unique items for gear as I do, resistances start to become a problem, so resistance (cold and light) are very important here.

Amulet: Xoph's Blood

I bought this for around 2 exalts at level 90 or so. The fire pen and ash effect is very good for our damage, but not required. A rare amulet with a high life roll, and increased fire damage is a cheaper alternative.

Rings:

I had a little fun towards the end of the league and crafted some opal rings using scorched fossils. Each ring cost me about 100 chaos each to make. Stats to aim for on each ring: lightning resistance, Cold resistance (this cannot roll if you are scorched fossil crafting,) life, and Dexterity. if you don't particularily go for the opal base, 30 chaos should be plenty to buy two rings.

Flasks:

As listed above. Your fire res should be much higher than your other res is you go xoph's+fire damage gloves, so wise oak gives us some more elemental penetration. Rumi's and the stibnite flask are good choices for the extra layer of defense. Quartz flask instead of Rumi's is a good choice too!

Jewels:

This is what I depended on to cap my cold and lightning resistances, but if you have rings with amazing res, use jewels with life, increased fire damage, or fire damage to spells. A watcher's eye with an Anger and Purity of ice mod is nice too if you can afford it. (Mine was 2 exalts)

Gems:

Spoiler

6L Incinerate-Infused Channeling-Combustion-Immolate-Energy Leech-Faster Casting
I would drop Faster Casting if you are running a 5-link. some other good gem choices are inc. AoE/Conc Effect and Controlled destruction. I personally like the energy leech gem because it makes sure we have energy shield up to absorb our MoM damage, and I like the immolate gem because it gives use huge flat damage since the enemies are pretty much always burning.
Storm Brand-Curse on Hit- Flammability
An easy way to curse tankier enemies and make sure our Elemental Overload procs

In helmet: Anger-Herald of Ash-Enlighten-Purity of Ice (if you can get the right colors)
Anger and Herald of Ash for the damage, and Purity of Ice to cap resistances
Other aura/buff gems:
Dread banner (less accuracy for enemies)
Arctic Armour (reserves no mana, but we still need the gem.)

If you can't get enlighten, you may have to drop Dread banner (depending on how lucky you are coloring the Diadem)

Aspect of the spider and Zealotry are possible other options for Auras/buffs if you are able to figure out your resistances.

Cast when Damage Taken-Immortal Call- Wave of Conviction-Desecrate
Wave of Conviction applies Exposure which lowers enemy resistances. Desecrate should be switched out for something like cold snap for the chill effect if you can get the colors, although the Desecrate/Diadem combo can be pretty nice during boss fights where mobs don't spawn.
Phase run and Flame dash for movement
Flame golem (a little bit of extra damage and decoy)
Vaal Righteous Fire (gives us more damage)
Depending on how lucky you were with coloring your gear, the last socket can be inc duration on phase run, inc critical strikes on storm brand, decoy totem, or in my case, I'm using the portal gem.

Leveling:

Spoiler
Use the leveling spell of your choice until level 12, when you get incinerate! A +1 to level of fire gems 3-link sceptre should carry you all the way through Part 1. In part 2, switch to a 4-link, or buy a cheap 5-link if you can. Use dual sceptres with fire damage or spell damage which will carry you through white maps. Buy Martyr of Innocence earlier if you can though! You can use it at level 52 if you have it. As for other gear, you can probably just use mediocre rares through yellow maps, and start shopping for the gear I listed once you have some currency to use.

Videos:

Spoiler

Shaper fight starting with phase 1:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435054880

Clip of last shaper phase:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareDullLapwingPRChase

Will probably add more videos later

Thank you for reading the guide! Sorry if it's a bit messy, this is the second guide I've ever written XD Please comment if you have any questions, or you can ask my directly on my stream at www.twitch.tv/hanarashi if I am live. I plan to put up more videos of the build soon as well :)
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
Last edited by hannarashi on Dec 8, 2019, 3:41:14 AM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2019, 10:43:36 PM
Could this be used as a league starter? and what about 3.7 changes do we lose anything core for this build?
"
Could this be used as a league starter? and what about 3.7 changes do we lose anything core for this build?

I used this build as a league starter for the Synthesis Flashback league, and the build felt good even before buying Martyr of Innocence. I was just using self found rare scepters with as much spell damage and fire damage as I could find. (Before Act 6, I just used a 3-link scepter with +1 to level of fire gems.) I wouldn't recommend this exact build in a SSF league, but I was using SSF gear until yellow maps, so the build isn't too gear dependent until higher level content.

We don't lose anything core in 3.7, but overall there is a small nerf. Ghost shrouds give us half the amount of cast speed that they used to, which means, you will need to prioritize the faster casting gem in your links if you think the build feels slow. Trickster energy shield amounts were also reduced, but this shouldn't be a problem, since we ended up with more than enough ES previously. Also, I believe Trickster spell dodge also received a nerf, so I recommend switching the Rumi's flask for a quartz flask. Finally, infused channeling no longer gives us % reduced physical damage taken while channeling, which will make us slightly squishier when we get hit, but since we dodge most things anyways, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

(Also added this note about 3.7 changes to the original post)
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
Last edited by hannarashi on Jun 6, 2019, 8:43:12 AM
Hello, starting your build here.
Can you help with a PoB?

Do i need the armour 6 link ornjust the weapon needs to be 6link?

Thanks!
What are is the correct bandit choice?
Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

Here is the PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/wG4aUmqR

I chose to kill all the bandits for the 2 passive skill points, but killing Kraityn for the cast speed,attack dodge, and movement speed is a pretty good option too if you want to be extra speedy.

You only need one 6-link for this build, so if your weapon is 6-linked, there is no need to 6-link the chest. (Or you could have a 6-link chest and not 6-link the weapon)

I'll add this info to the main post as well. Thanks for reading the guide!
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
Many thanks,sir. One last thing. Which one is easier to get the correct colors, the chest or the weapon?

Thanks!
The weapon will be much easier to get the correct colors for. I believe it took me less than 100 chromatic orbs to get all blue sockets.
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
Hey nice looking build but you need to update your PoB as all the leveling trees are for witch not shadow.
Need more Giraffes!
Thanks for letting me know! I'll try to fix the PoB link as soon as I can.

Edit: This new PoB link should work better. The link is updated in the original post as well: https://pastebin.com/9sYu0A10
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
Last edited by hannarashi on Aug 7, 2019, 12:39:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info