3.6 Divine Ire - Gladiator

Hi guys,

I've always wanted to create a character that would have the concept of "the best offense is a strong defense" and have on that simply won't die.

I've created a Divine Ire gladiator that makes use of the block stacking to increase damage. Because Divine Ire has "physical" and with the gladiator you gain more physical damage when you block, therefore, the more you block the more damage you do.

I've beaten red elder by literally standing infront of him and bursting him with Divine Ire. Though, I've decided to stop playing until next league because I get bored easily. This build can definitely get stronger.

Pros:
Facetanks EVERYTHING
Decent Damage
Blocking gives you life and damage
Easy to use

Cons:
DOT hurts
Slow
Can't do maps with reduced block chance, no regen and reflect

Peep my pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/LTTs2LWW

Check my gear:
Spoiler

Look, flasks:
Spoiler

Why this gear:
Spoiler
So I had to up the hell out of my block, so the first thing I did was buy lots of anvils and vaals, and it took about 10 tries to get the extra block which was awesome. I decided to get as much life gain on hit so I got myself a surrender, which gives 250 life on block, and added in a life gain on hit and a vengeance gem. So approximately, I've get about 350 life gain on block.

At first I had cybils paw and I was meant to go for Shade of Solaris but Cerberus limb provided the defense and damage I needed. I've seen my block stack go up to 100 easy, it's pretty satisfying standing infront of a mob and not dying.

I also went with repentance gloves for the iron will, and I thought I'd add a fun mechanic of using March of the Legion with blood magic, and pop a forbidden taste and I have zealotry.

I've always liked experimenting with random different builds and trying to make things work, this experiment works awesomely, so give it a try and it's pretty easy to change it up.

Peace
Last bumped on Jun 4, 2019, 6:47:03 AM
PoB shows your build under 500 K DPS, 5200 life, and 63% block chance.
I don't think you can take down a red elder with this, even with life recovery on block.
Can you show a video as proof (if not of a boss kill, at least of general mapping) - you can use OBS (Open Broadcast Software to record your own gameplay, works fine for me).
POB doesn't factor in the block chance going up to 80%, which increases my damage. I've actually done red elder twice, the first time I died and lost all portals, the second time only worked cause I face tanked him.
I'll try to get a video up, there's no point in lying about this haha
Also, I have 2100 ES :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info