[3.6] 4-Link Herald of Agony Endgame Farmer -::- Fun, Cheap, Easy

-::- Hello Exiles, Welcome to my new first Champion guide! -::-

This is going to be quick and dirty for now as this is mostly a Champion version of my Jugg HoA, so for details refer to the full guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2332784

For now I just wanted to share what I've been doing for Flashback.

Since the build can do Uber Elder on 5L, I wanted to see what I could pull off on 4L.

I'm running around with Cyclone, which feels pretty dope and done all T16s and Shaper very easily.

I'll let you judge for yourselves:

Youtube: HoA Champion - T16 Minotaur (4L, Corrupted, Full Run, Deathless)

-::- Max DPS Stats -::-

-:: Gear -::-

-::- PoB Export -::-

https://pastebin.com/wqW7ppPS

GL!
Last edited by corosou on May 18, 2019, 2:31:06 PM
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2019, 3:37:35 PM
Which of JUGG or champion is the best in your opinion?

And for the bandits? (maybe pantheon too XD)

Tkx in advance
Last edited by GrandChampion on May 15, 2019, 5:12:20 PM
"
GrandChampion wrote:
Which of JUGG or champion is the best in your opinion?

And for the bandits? (maybe pantheon too XD)

Tkx in advance

Whichever you prefer really. Tanky or more DPS, that's the choice.

Kill'em all!

Whatever you like. Brine/Solaris + Ralakesh is a good option.

GL
hi

what´s ascendancy first ?
and can i use it with moltenstrike ?
"
Waldhufe1 wrote:
hi

what´s ascendancy first ?
and can i use it with moltenstrike ?

Looks like you already answered your own question about Molten Strike.

First to Strike, Last to Fall > Conqueror > Worthy Foe > Inspirational or can do Conqueror > Worthy Foe > First to Strike > Inspir.

Order doesn't really matter much.

GL
Last edited by corosou on May 18, 2019, 2:28:05 PM
Hi, I noticed in your other thread that you have changed the armour to a 5L setup with WOC + added cold damage. Does this apply to this build here?
"
juzt wrote:
Hi, I noticed in your other thread that you have changed the armour to a 5L setup with WOC + added cold damage. Does this apply to this build here?

Apologies, that was an oversight in my part. In order for WoC to apply Cold Exposure it needs to do cold dmg, which it doesn't by default. TBH, it's just a bit of min-maxing, as I didn't even notice it wasn't applying, so even when it is applying you probably won't notice it.

I try to take advantage of as many temporary effects as I can, as the game is designed around that, as it's evident by things like Shock on "Focus", which is only active for a few seconds.

Point is, even without WoC and Frost Bomb, DPS is already way more than enough.

If your concern is acquiring a 5L, just grab an Unset ring, move Convocation there, 3L,3L your 6S chest and set it up as: CWDT + WoC + Added Cold, CWDT + Desecrate + Frost Bomb. Can also 4L,2L, since CWDT setups are pretty flexible. Just try to isolate +added cold to WoC only, so the other skills don't break Elemental Equilibrium, which again you won't notice, since it gets overwritten by the next Cyclone/MS hit.

GL
Last edited by corosou on May 24, 2019, 10:33:21 AM
Great news! Build has survived 3.7 Ascendancy changes!

I'll update thread once patch notes and new PoB are out.

GL
Can't wait, this will be my league starter, I'm fairly noob but excited to play this. Though I'm unsure what I should be leveling with until I get HoA, I assume MS then transition into Cyclone?
"
Can't wait, this will be my league starter, I'm fairly noob but excited to play this. Though I'm unsure what I should be leveling with until I get HoA, I assume MS then transition into Cyclone?

Glad to hear you're excited to play it!

But FIRST! Let's just hope there aren't any nerfs to HoA itself ;) I hope not! I had a lot of fun with this toon, and would hate to see the build die.

A few tips for newbs:

If you haven't yet, I highly recommend you check out Engineering Eternity's YouTube channel. Start with the "Beginner's Guide Series" playlist.

Do keep in mind they are a bit dated, as the game changes so much from one league to the next, but I still consider his stuff "required viewing" for anyone looking to get a grasp on this game:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q/playlists

As far as how to level, I remember how as newb the idea of leveling seemed so daunting! ;) In reality it's a few hours, maybe a couple of days (worst case scenario). IMHO there's really no rush... enjoy early game, make mistakes, don't follow the meta, make your own way. A see a lot of people rush to end-game and then burn out in a week or two.

If you dedicate yourself, truly try to understand the game and not just blindly follow what others say is the way to play, you'll realize you can level with whatever skill you find fun, which is all that matters. Though it will take time, maybe even a couple of leagues, to get comfortable with all the moving parts that make a build viable.

BUT! If you really are worried about efficiency, remember that a lot competitive streamers looking to get to 100 in under 24hrs share starter builds, and keep their profiles public, so pick a popular one, keep a browser tab open to their active toon, and follow whatever they do.

GL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info